New Innova Champion Bag

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

New Innova Champion Bag

Postby Solty » Sat Jun 03, 2006 8:11 pm

This is the new bag coming out from Innova later this summer. Details are below the picture.

The newest bag combines some of our most requested bag features, plus some cool features that simply have to be tested to realize their functionality! The Champion Bag is the ultimate bag for the disc golf superstar, whether they are pro or am. Available with dual shoulder straps or with single shoulder strap, this bag uses high tech materials and craftsmanship to offer players true functionality out on the course. Holds up to 20 discs between main compartment and putter pocket.

Aluminum internal frame with snap in dividers
Neoprene Bottlesockets grab your water bottle regardless of size. They retract when not in use too!
Armored Putter Pouch - adjustable for one or multiple discs, made of tough molded vinyl
Cel phone/MP3 pocket - easy access
3 big pockets and a secret pocket in the back.
Padded shoulder straps designed to integrate with the Champion bag
Umbrella holder
Cleat Feet - Keeps your bag out of the muck

**Info from Innova Email**
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby AciDBatH666 » Sun Jun 04, 2006 6:46 pm

Looks nice, also looks expensive
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Jun 05, 2006 5:16 pm

dont see anything that separates it from the group now that frames are becomming more common. the gateway tour has been around for a while...
I think revolutions new frame seems alot more functional as well.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Mark Brunner » Thu Jun 08, 2006 5:37 am

Its great they finally have released a bag that might actually hold up... time will tell

My old innova tour bag fell apart after 2 months of moderate use... Its a shame they took so long to answer the cries for a better bag...
http://www.gdstour.com
Gateway Disc Sports!
Mark Brunner
Tree Magnet

Postby Solty » Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:41 am

Spoke with Innova East this AM.....said that we should expect them mid to late August now.....

just an FYI
Solty

Postby Fritz » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:39 am

Mark Brunner wrote:Its great they finally have released a bag that might actually hold up... time will tell

My old innova tour bag fell apart after 2 months of moderate use... Its a shame they took so long to answer the cries for a better bag...

Mine did the same thing, I called up Innova and they told me to take pictures, e-mail the pictures to them, and I gave them my address and they sent me a new bag. They even let me keep the ripped bag.

Man that new bag looks sweet. That neoprene on the bottom has to increase the cost. And about time they make a square top. I wouldn't mind getting it, but I'll be getting me a Gateway bag here soon.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:33 am

I think I may have to trash my bag so they will send me a new one ;-) (even though Im getting something else if i ever need a bag)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Glock23 » Wed Jul 26, 2006 9:52 am

I like the look of it, but I have a feeling they will be asking to much. Once I have the funds, I think I am going to get a revo. I am using the lightning large tour bag right now. For the $, it has been great, the only place it is showing wear is the dividers, but I am going to make a frame for it anyway.
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~ Hunter Thompson
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Live near Ohio and need a new or used car? Send me a PM!
Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beaver

Postby Blake_T » Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:05 pm

i doubt price will be the deciding factor in it. it'll prolly carry an MSRP of around $70 (assuming the quads pictured won't be included, but if they are, more like $95)..

the bag there looks like a duffel bag i got at wal mart for $9 (seriously, it's like, identical, which leads me to believe it was probably made by the same overseas manufacturer).

what i don't seem to understand about innova's bags is that people seem to give them the overwhelming benefit of the doubt. i'd be more concerned that they've never had a bag that lasted more than 2 years of moderate to heavy use since the old blue deluxe bags that were a knock off on the skysouth bag (vinyl material w/ attached shoulder strap). if this bag doesn't rival the durability of bags in the $50-60 price range (pdga, revo club bag, gds weekend dlx) it will all be for not.

if they had to earn your trust they would HAVE to put out a much better bag just to compete.

i'm anticipating the new ching bag, which will be a rival to the PDGA bag.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Solty » Fri Aug 18, 2006 11:23 am

ordered my innova bag today :)
Solty

Postby TexasOutlaw » Wed Aug 30, 2006 10:45 am

I'm guessing that since those quad straps say Innova, they will be included? Sounds like this bag may hold up better than previous Innova bags did. If you don't currently own a revolution bag, it may be worth a try.

After owning several innova bags though, I think I'll stick with revolution. The construction will probably ensure that I will have this bag for a long time (probably the rest of my life) unless it is stolen.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby zealot » Wed Aug 30, 2006 3:02 pm

i bought a deluxe bag a month ago and ive played every day since. its falling apart already. so they're gonna be getting an email from me, ill pay the difference and they can send me one of these bad boys.
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Aug 31, 2006 10:40 am

I would be wary about the bag unless it looked like the construction were on par with the Revolution bag but much cheaper; I think cordura is what makes it strong as well as the vinyl on the bottom.

If it is priced similarly to the rev bags, I would go with Revolution.

Incidentally, we were talking about quality vs price on the course a couple of months ago. the guy had the latest Innova bag. He had to replace it this summer he said something to the effect of, "I like getting new gear; you'll be stuck with that bag forever."

I hope he's right....
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Equipment