19%
10+... as many as my favorite store has in stock
7%
all the pink ones I can find :)
12%

Total votes : 69

Re: Comet lovers

Postby JR » Sat May 17, 2014 7:13 am

I noticed less oat with bowed fingers for sure. It might come from a grip that holds the disc more securely because for my short fingers there is more leverage against the rim so the disc does not wobble as easily because of the disc changing angles within the grip alone. That is how flimsy straight finger grip is for me at full power even with Bennett ring finger and pinky.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby JR » Sun May 18, 2014 12:24 pm

After noticing that i was pushing my fingers too far into discs fh thanks to hammer pound drill the bead on my 2nd run ESP and Z still felt worrying. It was too windy and i had pounded my arm out with too little warming up with drivers into headwinds. So with headwinds and aches the results were bad. Much later and hurting even more rear wind approaches were unclean and i do not wonder why. It hurt to reach back much. So other than the ESP flipping in rear winds and Z fading (blasphemy) on higher lower powered throws both looked likethe reverse of underpowered bhs. I just could not get enough throws in feeling good into rear winds so i need to test them later. They looked tempting and terrifying just like Comets do those that are learning. Fh i am. 300' is rare for me.

During the fh disc testing part 3 with 60 discs having been thrown i learned more about grip and wrist flicking body control and flights became more manipulable and subtle differences between discs became less meaningful just like it happens bh. Comet are so outside of normal flight characteristics that they create bag building issues if their difficulty can be overcome. Normal rules of bag building may not apply. The Comet steps on so many toes overlapping many different types of discs. In rear winds it competes with short fws in distance.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Working Stiff » Tue Jun 17, 2014 8:19 pm

I really have not been throwing mids at all. My home course is a tweener park with holes long enough for a driver but once you drive you are in putter territory, so the mids ride around in the bag. We are playing a safari course for league, which is shorter and brought out the mids. Tonight I had a 220' slight downhill shot with a relatively low ceiling; I had a 178g X Comet in my bag that I got in a trade Saturday and had never thrown. I put it on a low line with a slight hyzer, and the disc went dead-nuts straight with a slight OAT wobble and slid right under the pin.

My partner had left early so I had Cali throw. I took a 177g Z Comet and took a chance on a slightly higher line trying to throw it in pin high and who cares if it goes long. I got it up too high but it rode just below the tree limbs and out clear past the basket where there was a longer drop off and ended up 160' past the pin. 380' downhill on a nice easy 70% pull with a bit of hyzer, which is really long for me even factoring in the dropoff.

I love Comets. I should throw them more often.
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Previous

Return to Equipment