19%
10+... as many as my favorite store has in stock
7%
all the pink ones I can find :)
12%

Total votes : 69

Re: Comet lovers

Postby BLURR » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:15 pm

I carry a fresh 178 ESP Buzzz and a semi-fresh 177 glo z-buzzz. The ESP flies similar to a hornet and the glo is a few notches less stable.

As for comets, I carry a worn in X-Comet, a worn in 2nd run ESP Comet and a worn in Z-Comet. I will be adding a glow z-comet to the arsenal in short order as my worn in Z-Comet has an ace on it and all my ace disc's get retired. All the comets I carry are 176/177 in weight.

The X-Comet goes right.
The ESP is flies a tight "s" pattern.
The Z is just straight with a very faint left fade.

I did the Roc/Comet combo for a while, but went back to the Buzzz as I liked the extra bit of speed I gained with it over the roc.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Booter » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:38 pm

gotcha, ill prob be keeping my buzzz's . i just wanted to see any advantages or disadvantages. i cant believe your esp is beefier than the glo. i tested a esp at discnation last week because i heard some people say they were pretty beefy but this one was less stable than my beefy glo's. maybe my glo is just beefier than normal. hmmm
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:44 pm

A couple of dudes around here use the buzzz/comet combo. They usually roll with a 1st run buzz, a normal buzz and a couple of ESP comets.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby JR » Wed Jan 04, 2012 9:51 pm

Booter wrote:gotcha, ill prob be keeping my buzzz's . i just wanted to see any advantages or disadvantages. i cant believe your esp is beefier than the glo. i tested a esp at discnation last week because i heard some people say they were pretty beefy but this one was less stable than my beefy glo's. maybe my glo is just beefier than normal. hmmm

My only ESP Buzzz is way less HSS than my Zs are. The ESP needs initial hyzer to flip to flat at full power. I don't turn Zs from a flat throw. Don't know about other Buzzzes in ESP. Come to think of it my X Buzzz started out as HSS and quickly broke in to a little less HSS than my ESP Buzzz.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Steve » Wed Jan 04, 2012 11:09 pm

JR wrote:
Booter wrote:gotcha, ill prob be keeping my buzzz's . i just wanted to see any advantages or disadvantages. i cant believe your esp is beefier than the glo. i tested a esp at discnation last week because i heard some people say they were pretty beefy but this one was less stable than my beefy glo's. maybe my glo is just beefier than normal. hmmm

My only ESP Buzzz is way less HSS than my Zs are. The ESP needs initial hyzer to flip to flat at full power. I don't turn Zs from a flat throw. Don't know about other Buzzzes in ESP. Come to think of it my X Buzzz started out as HSS and quickly broke in to a little less HSS than my ESP Buzzz.

Blurr's ESP Buzzz is a brand new hot pink one. Hot pink discs are always more beefy and go further.
Steve
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby BLURR » Thu Jan 05, 2012 7:19 am

Yeah...this is the first ESP Buzzz that has been overstable for me. Usually they are like what you guys have stated. When this one loses its beefiness, I have a sweet glo buzzz ready to go in the bag that has some pretty good stability to it. And hot pink disc's are the shiznit.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby victorb » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:07 am

Booter wrote:ok i have some comets coming in :) im actually looking forward to tossing comets for real this time and getting my form back in full swing. quick question though, how many of you are throwing buzzz's and comets vs rocs and comets? any pros and cons from either setup? i used to throw rocs so i know the differences between rocs and buzzz's but ive been tossing buzzz's for almost 2 years and ive got quite the stack now and would hate to go back to rocs lol. i do have my kenny glows still, one broken in and one freshy so if i wanted to test the roc and comet setup i guess i could.

My setup is a little different now that my game has changed a little. I carry Comets, Hornets, and Stalkers. Where most people on here would probably lay on a Roc out to 330-350ish, I'd rather throw a nice smooth shot with a stalker. If I need more hyzer and little better distance control I grab a hornet (they seem to be a better overstable compliment to comets than Champ Rocs or Drones, at least for me)

although, if I wanted to push my midranges out to the 330' range, I'd go comet/roc combo, which is what I used to carry and had a lot of success with.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Booter » Fri Jan 06, 2012 4:28 pm

so how can you tell what run esp comet is what? i just got one in from a trade that has no tooling, soft,high shoulder with almost flat top
always looking for:
flat pink/red barstamp buzzzs, ce aviars, pearly pro candy fb's, pearly champion gators (fr or stock stamp),
Booter
Das Boot!

Favorite Disc: square ones

Postby BLURR » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:37 pm

High shoulder with a flatter top sounds like third run to me. All of my third runs have a higher should and feel way different in the hand than my 2nd runs. And if I remember right, the first runs were pretty flat all around.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby Whiz » Fri Jan 06, 2012 6:47 pm

All of the third runs I have seen were much more domey than the second runs I loved.
E* DD2, Wraith, Glow Firebird, S-P-C PD, TD, Leopard, Roc, KC Aviar
Whiz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: S Wiz/S PD

Postby tbird888 » Sat Jan 07, 2012 5:48 pm

Booter wrote:so how can you tell what run esp comet is what? i just got one in from a trade that has no tooling, soft,high shoulder with almost flat top

Somebody correct me if I'm wrong here, but I believe:

First runs have the X stamp.
Second runs are tooled and circle stamped.
Third runs are untooled and circle stamped.
tbird888
Noob

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby Frank Delicious » Sat Jan 07, 2012 7:30 pm

First run esp comets do not have the X stamp.

Also I swear I have some 2nd runs with no tooling.
Frank Delicious

Postby tbird888 » Sun Jan 08, 2012 2:38 am

Don't you have tons of backups? How do you tell the difference between your runs?
tbird888
Noob

Favorite Disc: Pure

Postby BLURR » Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:53 am

I write the run that I bought them from on the bottom. The statements below are just things that I have noticed from throwing the ESP Comet since the 1st runs were released.

Like Frank stated, the first run ESP's did not have the X-Stamp on them.
The first runs were also fairly flat across the top and no high shoulder. Don't remember the tooling. The shape of these were like the flat top X-Comets in my opinion.
The 2nd runs, have tooling and the shoulder seems to be fairly similar to a the first runs. The ESP plastic on this seems to also be a bit stiffer than the 3rd runs.
The third runs have no tooling and a high shoulder on them.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Jan 08, 2012 3:33 pm

The second runs are also the flippiest.
Frank Delicious

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment