Discraft and Innova

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby CincyKeith » Wed Jun 14, 2006 1:54 pm

Around these neck of the woods, It's a little uncommon for you to have people that are so "negative" towards any manufacturer.
Some guy last week during wednesday night leagues was putting down gateway and discraft.
Anyways, he throws all innova, and sees me pull out an Avenger, and had a negative coment about "Discrap" as he said it. I moped the floor with him and it felt pretty good. :lol:
Practice, practice, practice. Especially with players that are better than you. It's one of the only ways to learn new things.
CincyKeith
Noob

Postby MrTasses » Wed Jun 14, 2006 2:15 pm

It's not the arrow, it's the archer. [/cliche]
MrTasses
Tree Magnet

Postby Blake_T » Wed Jun 14, 2006 11:55 pm

i live in a discraft dominated area and there is a ton of animosity against non-discraft.

the answers i hear as to why people throw only discraft baffle me.

"i don't want to have to learn another manufacturer's discs."

they say this, but then they haven't even thrown more than 30% of discraft's discs either...

seems silly to me.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby TexasOutlaw » Thu Jun 15, 2006 3:05 pm

To answer your question:

It seems to me that most ppl that are brand addicts have an arbitrary reason. I figure I like Discraft because I started with them.

One thing I love about this forum is how open minded people are.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blake_T » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:32 am

One thing I love about this forum is how open minded people are.

i'm actually very closed minded... but only after i've done significant research and come to a distinct conclusion.
Blake_T

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:59 am

I disagree; when you talk about a disc, you can tell us why you think it's better. That is not close-minded.

Close minded are those that will not pick up another manufacturers disc, or flip through your bag to harass you until you leave the course for throwing something they consider junk.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blake_T » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:28 pm

i know, i just like being a smart arse.

people have often accused me of being closed minded, when in actuality i've already explored every possible angle and reached a defined conclusion, so i just tell people off hand that i'm closed minded because anyone that truly has enough self-awareness to state that generally is fairly open minded.

my favorite line is "i'm tolerant of everyhing but intolerance."
Blake_T

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:48 am

Man, I just got the discrap line from a player this week. they keep trashing and busting my party, they gonna make me hurt somebody....
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Fritz » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:01 am

I throw mostly Innova becasue I like the way their discs feel in my hands. It was the first disc I picked up, when I started this game a year and a half ago. Guess it's just the familiarity of it all. I have a high comfort and confidence level in Innova discs. I think there was some loyality to Innova just for the fact I liked the plastic, it was the first plstic I used and it jsut stuck with me.
Also player experience. Most Innova players seemed to be nice, and helpful, yet most of the discraft players I ran into seemed elitiest and rude.

Wizards snuck into my bag (previously I was using JK Aviar-X), and won't be leaving anytime soon, this is by far the best putter I've found via Blake through Scott.

I dislike the Z plastic that Discraft makes, however I do like hte way X-plastic feels as well as the new ESP Plastic. One of my favorite discs of all time so far was this tie-dyed X XL. I freaking loved that thing. I lost it, and never could find one that was like that. It was gummy and just fit great. So I dropped discraft and jsut went solid Innova because to me their plastic always felt the same.
However Blake recently convinced me to get a Z-Predator, and it's actually not that bad, it's not as slick as the previous predators I've owned. I might get a Z-Avenger or X-Avenger if this ESP Avenger turns out to be a bust, or if this Champion Starfire doens't work.

So now I have a semi mixed bag. Which I thought would never happen.
5innova discs(differnt ones, I carry multiple of the same disc and/or different beat up versions of the same disc), 1 Gateway, 1 Discraft (sneaky bastard).
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby CincyKeith » Fri Jun 23, 2006 6:37 am

When it comes to plastic, reguarding these two companies I have the following opinion (just from experience):

DX & Pro D - DX definately feels better, and seems to have a little better rigidity to it.

Pro & Elite X - Elite X without a doubt has better qualities all together. Surprisingly the Elite X can withstand quite a few tree collisions before showing noticeable changes.

Champion & Z - This one is a matter of preference....but I feel the champion is a little more durable. I don't always care for the slickness of the Z plastic also.

Star & ESP - Both have great grip qualities. But ESP is superior when it comes to durability, IMO.
Practice, practice, practice. Especially with players that are better than you. It's one of the only ways to learn new things.
CincyKeith
Noob

Previous

Return to Equipment