Innova Pro-line Orc = Discraft ???

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Innova Pro-line Orc = Discraft ???

Postby Rooster » Thu Jun 15, 2006 9:12 pm

so as we all know i love pro orcs. we also know that innova is a buch of bastards and discontinued my disc. so, when innova F's me i turn to discraft. so my question(i know thatdirtykid can awnser this), is what disc that discraft makes is most like a pro line orc. im thinking avenger X but im not an expert on discraft drivers. any opions are welcome and wanted. thanks guys!
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri Jun 16, 2006 2:19 am

x crush or x avenger. I perfer the avenger, I dont like they way the crush feels in my hand, and it is a max d driver for me and the avenger is 30' longer, and just as accurate/predictable
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby krusen » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:58 am

I used to use pro orc for my disctance driver, but threw it in the practice pile beacause of inconsistency. I recently purchased an X Avenger and it may put both my Beast and Wraith into the practice pile.
krusen
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Old Mold DX Beast

Pro Orcs

Postby tushamajig13 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:21 am

I also have a devotion to Pro Orcs and I also feel a little let down taht they discontinued them. however, I have been told (have not tried yet) that the avenger is probably the closest thing discraft has, but also that the surge is pretty darn close as well. I dont know how accurate this is, I havent bought either yet, probably will today so ill post again tomorrow if i get around to it.
tushamajig13
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby Blake_T » Fri Jun 16, 2006 7:31 am

neither are all that accurate.

the closest flight path to a pro orc is probably a light weight broken in z flash.

the hallmark of the pro orc is that it was really flippy but had a lot of fade to it to compensate. a lot of its flight behavior was rooted in its dome height.

unfortunately, there really isn't anything else on the market that has this flight path.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Rooster » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:34 am

Don't make me cry Blake :cry:
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Blake_T » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:48 am

the truth often hurts :P

if i've said it once, i've said it a thousand times... who are all you people? and buy 12 of anything you really like because it will be gone or different soon.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby tushamajig13 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:49 am

BOOOOOOOO

i guess its time to find somethign new before my orcs run out
tushamajig13
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby Rooster » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:32 am

i would have loved to buy a stack of these. i orderd one not knowing they were discontinued and now am in a scramble to get a stack. i got an X avenger in trade for a pro starfire last night so i will have to judge. i've never really been a fan of discraft drivers(cept the XS). hopefully this one changes my mind.......
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:56 am

Blake_T wrote:neither are all that accurate.

the closest flight path to a pro orc is probably a light weight broken in z flash.

the hallmark of the pro orc is that it was really flippy but had a lot of fade to it to compensate. a lot of its flight behavior was rooted in its dome height.

unfortunately, there really isn't anything else on the market that has this flight path.

The pro orc I have thrown wasn't as flippy; of course it wasn't broken in. Awhile back, I was throwing beasts, orcs, flashes, and crushes for comparisons. The flash I had was most similar to the beast, the crush to the orc.

But, I have had flashes that resembled that description; that is, they were flipply with hard fade.

Seems to me that if you're looking at a switch both are a must try.

One other thing, people that throw beasts like my avengers, especially the 165's I carry. I'm the only one down in this area that uses avengers.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:37 am

the reason people consider them flippy, is they break in retardedly fast. (faster than most drivers in DX)
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Re: Innova Pro-line Orc = Discraft ???

Postby twmccoy » Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:59 pm

Rooster wrote:so as we all know i love pro orcs. we also know that innova is a buch of bastards and discontinued my disc. so, when innova F's me i turn to discraft. so my question(i know thatdirtykid can awnser this), is what disc that discraft makes is most like a pro line orc. im thinking avenger X but im not an expert on discraft drivers. any opions are welcome and wanted. thanks guys!

Actually, try a pro starfire. I find that they fly similar to pro orcs, with similar high speed turn and glide. I honestly don't think discraft makes a disc that flies as far as a pro orc except maybe the surge in light weight. BTW, I've been saving the pro orcs I've been finding and have about 6 right now. I still think the pro starfire is a superior disc overall.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby disc_golfing_fool » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:30 pm

= Discraft X Avenger

You might also like the Star Starfire-L or Sirius Orion LF as replacements.
~~~some rise, some fall, some climb to get to Terrapin~~~
~~peace.love.disc~~

OM
disc_golfing_fool
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri Jun 16, 2006 8:44 pm

disc_golfing_fool wrote:= Discraft X Avenger

You might also like the Star Starfire-L or Sirius Orion LF as replacements.

pro starfire better alternative, breaks in differently and is longer. also orion in base plastic
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Rooster » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:12 pm

i had a pro starfire that i just traded for a X avenger. im not a fan of starfires unless that start making them in DX. then i'll give em another shot.

i have an orion ls and its wayyyy to flippy(more than the pro orc). ill try an lf when i can get one.
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Next

Return to Equipment