Innova Pro-line Orc = Discraft ???

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:20 pm

did you lose the orc before it got much use? theyre known to break in too fast :-( a guy in my group found one today (kid about 12 years old playing tags with us offered to jump in the raging creek whenever a disc went in, during the course of18 holes he probably found 15-20 discs, it was crazy. Long story short I couldnt get the pro orc for you ;-)
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Rooster » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:49 pm

i've lost one of mine. i have three right now all broken in to various degrees. i agree they do break in fast and get real flippy but for some reason they do what i like. i can throw the thing up in the air watch it dive right and fade back perfectly. im trying to stockpile while i can still get them on the cheap.

i really didn't think about this, what about a dx orc? will that fly similar to a pro orc? i didn't even thounk about it becuase the stamp on that thing is so damn ugly but i guess thats what acetone is for........
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:03 pm

the avenger breaks in alittle slower, but still pretty quick, they are great hyzerflip discs after a week or so of wear.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Rooster » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:05 pm

the avenger i traded for is brand new. i threw it about 8 times in a field today and think once it gets broken in it'll be pretty sweet. heres hoping..... :wink:
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:07 pm

good luck, when I loose one of my avengers broken in how I like (only happend once so, when I lost...) I take a new one out of my stack (currently 5 new avengers deep) and use it as my thumber disc for a couple days, I perfer to have them break in naturally, but this worked good to play catch up (I lost my second to least stable so it took alittle punishment)
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby Blake_T » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:19 pm

the pro orcs are flippy and super flippy when they get broken in (more than sidewinders).

they have a high dome, a lot of lift, and a strong fade.

discs like an orion ls are flat, not a lot of lift, and a moderate fade.

the tendency to burn (turn and dive) is often related to the disc's lift, gyroscopics, and fade characteristic and should not be considered part of a disc's raw characteristics.

the other thing about all of those discs are that they are EXTREMELY sensitive to weight changes for their relative stability.
a 160g orion is likely flippier than a 175g pro orc. however, a 170g orion is not as flippy as a 170g pro orc.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

pro orc

Postby twmccoy » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:51 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:
disc_golfing_fool wrote:= Discraft X Avenger

You might also like the Star Starfire-L or Sirius Orion LF as replacements.

pro starfire better alternative, breaks in differently and is longer. also orion in base plastic

Yep indeed. My X avenger is OK, but head to head a pro orc will thrash it in distance hands down. They don't even have a similar flight path. An avenger has no high speed turn, while a pro orc flexes all over the place. That is what makes it killer long.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

orc

Postby twmccoy » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:53 pm

Rooster wrote:i've lost one of mine. i have three right now all broken in to various degrees. i agree they do break in fast and get real flippy but for some reason they do what i like. i can throw the thing up in the air watch it dive right and fade back perfectly. im trying to stockpile while i can still get them on the cheap.

i really didn't think about this, what about a dx orc? will that fly similar to a pro orc? i didn't even thounk about it becuase the stamp on that thing is so damn ugly but i guess thats what acetone is for........

DX orcs fly great......for about 30 throws or until you put the slightest ding in it. I have one that used to be killer long, but slight dings killed it and now it flips all over the place. The DX orc new is more overstable than the pro as well, but glides better than the champion. I still think the pro is the longest orc made.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby presidio hills » Sun Jun 18, 2006 2:37 am

i've gone through two pro orcs. a 158g and a 170g. i was into them about a year ago and used them as my go to driver (woah! i had a lot to learn in terms of control).
long story short; i used them all the time, beat 'em up a bunch and the wearing seemed to plateau. flippier than sidewinders? yes. but also more consistent, in my experience. if innova still made them, i might use 'em as my max D driver. as it is... i'm too afraid to lose the two i got, i never throw them. 20 years down the road i want a pro orc to look at.
presidio hills
Fairway Surgeon

Postby all_thumbs » Sun Jun 18, 2006 9:18 am

According to Dave_D over on the PDGA boards on this page of the Dave_D thread, Star Orcs are coming after Am Worlds. I'm sorry to say though, that if they are anything like my Tulsa Orc, none will be available for the rest of the world because I will buy them all :twisted:

Rooster, at leauge a couple of weeks ago didn't you tell me (Ken) that you had a Tulsa? Screw collectability, throw it! After it hit a few trees, mine has nice flippiness with a predicable late fade even on seemingly badly turned over shots. It will hold an anhyser line if thrown that way until the last 10% of its flight.

I will be buying more Tulsa's just to have them, and like I said, if the Star flies the same way...

BTW, hope the pre-tourney bash went well. Sorry my basket could not attend :shock: :wink: :lol: See ya Monday at FF
Ken H...formerly the user 'gwailo'.
Wizards, 1080 Radius & Warlock twins, Wasp ,Hornet, Buzzz, Demon, Firebird, Leopards, CE TL, Orcs, and Predator.
Bag in flux - rebuilding my game after long layoff including learning forehands hence the schizo nature of what I carry.
all_thumbs
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DEMON!

Postby Pagan » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:06 am

So how does a Crush compare to the Orc? I thought I read here that a Crush/Orc and Flash/Beast was comparative? Perhaps I am mistaken.
Wizard, Buzzz!, Sabre, Avenger
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Average Controlled Drives ~ 330'
Max Make Putt Range ~ 60'
Addicted since October of '05
Pagan
Tree Magnet

Postby Rooster » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:03 pm

loving my X avenger. this thing is awesomer and may be my new driver.

picked up a DX orc today, we'll see how that goes.

i am going to throw my tulsa, i need to beat it in. i have a second one for collectibility......
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Blake_T » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:43 pm

crush is more high speed stable than the orc, but the fade is similar.

the flash and old beast are fairly similar. out of current models, the flash, starfire-L, orion LS, z wildcat, and champ viking are probably ok estimates.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Re: pro orc

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:20 pm

twmccoy wrote:
Thatdirtykid wrote:
disc_golfing_fool wrote:= Discraft X Avenger

You might also like the Star Starfire-L or Sirius Orion LF as replacements.

pro starfire better alternative, breaks in differently and is longer. also orion in base plastic

Yep indeed. My X avenger is OK, but head to head a pro orc will thrash it in distance hands down. They don't even have a similar flight path. An avenger has no high speed turn, while a pro orc flexes all over the place. That is what makes it killer long.

when x avengers break in they will have quite a bit of high speed turn, New for hyzers, 2 weeks old hyzer flips ;-)

Rooster wrote:loving my X avenger. this thing is awesomer and may be my new driver.

picked up a DX orc today, we'll see how that goes.

i am going to throw my tulsa, i need to beat it in. i have a second one for collectibility......

DX orc will break in super fast and become super overstable
example: My first disc (unwisely) dx orc, one of my friends uses it for rollers now. I borrowed it from him in the middle of a round because I wanted to see something.
Its so understable I can throw a hyzer into a headwind and have the disc corkscrew around once and still is understable enough to die off right. :shock: it was quite fun to do.
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:46 am

Once you beat your avenger to hell, it will become your roller.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment