for players without a lot of arm:
dx cheetah
d xl
polaris ls
jls
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Pagan » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:29 pm

Cyclones! Though lately I've been using my Tracker for some control drives. It's not as long as the Surge, or Avenger but it's forgiving and controllable. I like the forgiving drivers for control.

Pagan
Wizard, Roc, Teebird, Wraith
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Addicted since October of '05
Pagan
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby Blake_T » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:31 pm

the tracker has no rim stabilizers :(
Blake_T

Postby Pagan » Sat Jun 17, 2006 1:09 pm

Blake_T wrote:the tracker has no rim stabilizers :(

Is that why it flies similiar to a buzz?
Wizard, Roc, Teebird, Wraith
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Addicted since October of '05
Pagan
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby Blake_T » Sat Jun 17, 2006 3:56 pm

from my experiences it flies nothing like a buzzz... so to me, no.
Blake_T

Postby JerryS » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:52 pm

Star TL.

Very flat flight, point and shoot disc. Very low fade at the end of flight when flown low.

Sweet disc.

Jerry
JerryS
Noob

discs

Postby twmccoy » Sat Jun 17, 2006 9:58 pm

Thatdirtykid wrote:its official Im ditching my sabres due to inconsistancy in runs. Im picking up Teebirds. Welcome back to my bag innova. Now if I can decide between rocs and wasps :-\
I found two teebirds today a light first run pro and a beat dx. fly like sabres but longer, I wish they were shorter, im probably going to carry a couple less aveners once I have a bag of teebirds
:shock:

Damn dude, you overhaul your bag like every other week. :lol: . I just keep an absurd amount of plastic on hand so I have a ton of every driver out there. Whenever I need a switch I start digging through stacks. BTW, my avenger was banished. The sharp bottom rim just pisses me off.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby garublador » Mon Jun 19, 2006 12:34 pm

I've been using a QJLS for a while now, but I've been looking for a reason to replace it. It's not that I don't like the disc, I'd just rather have something in the low end plastic. I tried the Sabre for a while but I haven't been able to get it to work for me. I'm considering the DX Gazelle, DX Teebird and D Cyclone as replacements.
garublador
Disc Whore

Re: discs

Postby Thatdirtykid » Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:13 pm

twmccoy wrote:
Thatdirtykid wrote:its official Im ditching my sabres due to inconsistancy in runs. Im picking up Teebirds. Welcome back to my bag innova. Now if I can decide between rocs and wasps :-\
I found two teebirds today a light first run pro and a beat dx. fly like sabres but longer, I wish they were shorter, im probably going to carry a couple less aveners once I have a bag of teebirds
:shock:

Damn dude, you overhaul your bag like every other week. :lol: . I just keep an absurd amount of plastic on hand so I have a ton of every driver out there. Whenever I need a switch I start digging through stacks. BTW, my avenger was banished. The sharp bottom rim just pisses me off.

This is accually the first time Ive accually changed anything since March or so when I switched cyclones to sabres. I am already really liking the teebirds, even though they are bumping elbows w/ my avengers, but they will have to learn to get along.
Im thinking teebirds wherever thers a straight line up to 400' and avengers when I need turn, hyzer, low celings, and strong headwinds.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Dead straight driver

Postby rodman » Mon Jun 19, 2006 6:23 pm

That Star TL for the backhand is money. Thrown pretty hard and thrown low with a good bit of snap and she holds. That's a great disc.

I'm working on my flick driver and usually use that TL but i've not gotten it down yet.

My backups in the bag are the Roadrunner, Sabre valkrie and Sidewinder in that order. I dont play enough to have all these discs but i enjoy getting new plastic so....
rodman
Noob

teebird

Postby twmccoy » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:25 pm

I tried the champion teebird and DX and really wasn't impressed with either one. The champion has no glide and is too overstable to be a good distance driver. I'd call it more of a midrange driver. The DX actually flies great, but I can get the same distance with less effort using an orc, flash, pro starfire etc. I still can't see the difference between an eagle and teebird flightwise.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby discmonkey42 » Mon Jun 19, 2006 10:54 pm

ya gotta break that teebird in. It should be shorter than your orc, but will be much straighter in its flight path. This plays into the throw the shortest disc that will get you there theory. Thrown with no off axis torque and at least a tad bit of hyzer, you can't flip the teebird over, period (until it breaks in a whole lot). The eagle can be turned and launched flat usually does. The eagle, for me, also fades a tad more than the birds do. Eagle is more forgiving as well. The teebird requires a little more control of your nose angle. When I carried both, I usually only reached for the teebirds, so the eagle now sits idle. For distance, I'll use a valk or viking, for control, it's gotta be the teebird.
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby victorb » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:00 pm

A Champ eagle L has been my controlled driver of choice for a while now, but I am starting to flip them over much more now than a few months ago. Because of this, I am considering a Teebird or Tracker.

Any suggestions?
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Blake_T » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:42 pm

the x tracker is basically IDENTICAL in shape to the champ EL.

champ teebirds are great discs if you have 425' of power or more. if you have less arm they are basically overstable drivers with poor penetration unless they are like 2 years broken in.
Blake_T

Postby victorb » Tue Jun 20, 2006 2:44 pm

So the tracker and Eagle L are the same disc?
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment