Post findings of new DX discs!!!

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Post findings of new DX discs!!!

Postby Weebl » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:53 am

I'm talking about the DX used in Wraiths. Just this past weekend I got some Stingrays in new DX...

I'm in love, when I knock on the flightplate it sounds like wood. No joke. If anyone hasn't rolled with a HARD plastic disc before, it takes much less annie angle to roll from and easy to perform a roller (RHBH) that will cut 90 degrees to the left then stand up and go another 150'-200'. Not to mention almost NO wear...

So, if you find any discs in the same DX plastic as the Wraith, post it here! I want to convert my bag to this stuff!
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1082
Joined: Mon Dec 05, 2005 12:31 pm
Location: Monterey Bay, California

Postby Blake_T » Thu Jun 22, 2006 8:13 am

the new dx stingrays are also in the ontario mold
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi
 
Posts: 5824
Joined: Mon May 31, 2004 12:44 am
Location: Minneapolis

Postby Fritz » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:37 pm

The new DX plastic is sick! I have a Wraith, I've skipped it off the pavement, asphalt and hit about 5-6 trees some being point blank, and you can't even tell.
It's gripper then all hell. I love it.

So far I have a Wraith, Valk, Teebird and Gazelle in the new plastic.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic
User avatar
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:01 pm
Location: Fruita, CO
Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby spitfire » Thu Jun 22, 2006 7:30 pm

whats the easiest way to determine if its the new plastic or not? or will i just know.
spitfire
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:32 pm
Location: bloomsburg,pa
Favorite Disc: pro wraith

Postby lacrimosa » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:46 pm

I got a DX teerex as a tournament disc, and it's really breaking in fast. I was only using it on a couple headwind holes, but now it flips into headwinds, so I'm using it as a max-d s curve driver.
lacrimosa
Noob
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 10:50 pm
Location: Novato, CA

Postby Fritz » Thu Jun 22, 2006 10:47 pm

spitfire wrote:whats the easiest way to determine if its the new plastic or not? or will i just know.


You'll know, but it's shinier and grippier.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic
User avatar
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:01 pm
Location: Fruita, CO
Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Jun 23, 2006 1:26 am

I hate the impersonate the PDGA board but: you Discraft! Youre falling behind!
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1291
Joined: Tue Dec 06, 2005 12:45 pm
Location: south Texas

Postby Fritz » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:04 am

lacrimosa wrote:I got a DX teerex as a tournament disc, and it's really breaking in fast. I was only using it on a couple headwind holes, but now it flips into headwinds, so I'm using it as a max-d s curve driver.


That's Star Plastic, TeeRex isnt' in DX yet.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic
User avatar
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:01 pm
Location: Fruita, CO
Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Fritz » Fri Jun 23, 2006 3:07 am

TexasOutlaw wrote:I hate the impersonate the PDGA board but: you Discraft! Youre falling behind!


This new Innova DX plastic is > the Discraft D plastic as far as durability is now. I just can't believe how durable it is. it's like they melted pro, melted dx mixed the too pots and bamn new DX that is fantastic.

For the record my bag is almost 100% DX. I was nervious when I heard they were changing the DX. But seems like it's a good change.

To add to previous comment the new DX plastic has a squeak to it as well when you rub your thumb across it.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic
User avatar
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:01 pm
Location: Fruita, CO
Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby lacrimosa » Fri Jun 23, 2006 4:09 am

Fritz wrote:That's Star Plastic, TeeRex isnt' in DX yet.


They were from a special tournament run. I've thrown some star tee-rexes as well - out of the box, the dx are much stiffer and more overstable than the star, but they break in to make nice (but kind of squirrely) max d discs, especially into light headwinds.
lacrimosa
Noob
 
Posts: 29
Joined: Tue May 09, 2006 10:50 pm
Location: Novato, CA

Postby spitfire » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:55 am

is the dragon is this new plastic yet? i had one a couple months ago and lost it picked one up the other day and its a lot more grippy than before.

also i picked up 2 valk dx and one is flat and the other has more of a dome shape. does this kind of thing happen a lot? or was it maybe just a diferent run.
spitfire
Fairway Surgeon
User avatar
 
Posts: 508
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2006 8:32 pm
Location: bloomsburg,pa
Favorite Disc: pro wraith

Postby Fritz » Fri Jun 23, 2006 7:34 am

lacrimosa wrote:
Fritz wrote:That's Star Plastic, TeeRex isnt' in DX yet.


They were from a special tournament run. I've thrown some star tee-rexes as well - out of the box, the dx are much stiffer and more overstable than the star, but they break in to make nice (but kind of squirrely) max d discs, especially into light headwinds.


Dang, that's kewl wonder how the DX TeeRex (sounds kewl lol) will compare to the Star...
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic
User avatar
 
Posts: 4675
Joined: Tue Dec 20, 2005 2:01 pm
Location: Fruita, CO
Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri Jun 23, 2006 10:51 am

spitfire wrote:is the dragon is this new plastic yet? i had one a couple months ago and lost it picked one up the other day and its a lot more grippy than before.

also i picked up 2 valk dx and one is flat and the other has more of a dome shape. does this kind of thing happen a lot? or was it maybe just a diferent run.


I think so, I know they changed the dragon plastic and made it more like the hydra plastic.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3673
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 12:35 am
Location: Longmont Co
Favorite Disc: z pred

DX

Postby twmccoy » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:41 am

All the dragons I have are really bendy rubbery plastic. The hydra on the other hand is extremely stiff hard plastic that doesn't bend at all. I did find a 2X beast in DX plastic that was also very stiff.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler
 
Posts: 2167
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2006 11:07 pm
Location: Littleton, CO

Re: DX

Postby garublador » Fri Jun 23, 2006 2:22 pm

twmccoy wrote:All the dragons I have are really bendy rubbery plastic. The hydra on the other hand is extremely stiff hard plastic that doesn't bend at all. I did find a 2X beast in DX plastic that was also very stiff.


All of the Dragons I've seen up until yesterday were like the ones you described. I saw a couple of stiffer Dragons at a store that were like the Hydas you described. They had some crazy flashing on the edge of the rim, too.
garublador
Disc Whore
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:37 am
Location: Urbandale, IA

Next

Return to Equipment

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 1 guest