Post findings of new DX discs!!!

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby sleepy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:32 am

Weebl wrote:Blake works at www.gottagothrow.com and might be able to, if you ask nicely, hand pick stock. Anyone have a PDGA user handle? I want to find out from Dave what has been run, what is on the way to the stores and maybe projected times of other molds in the new DX

I do. I'll post in the 'Ask Dave' thread and see what he says.

C'mmmooonnnn new DX Roc!! :P

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby zealot » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:54 am

yea i really want the roc in the new dx, that'll be sweet
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby CincyKeith » Thu Aug 03, 2006 6:57 am

I've got a bottom stamp DX Roc that I'm pretty sure is in the new DX. Got it from www.discndatonline.com. They'll look through there stock also, to make sure you get what you want.
Practice, practice, practice. Especially with players that are better than you. It's one of the only ways to learn new things.
CincyKeith
Noob

Postby Weebl » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:57 am

We've done most of the models already, but not all weights and many have not been hotstamped yet. The older stock has to run out before the newer stuff takes its place. It should all be phased in by next year.

Groovy.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby sleepy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 10:04 am

Yep. All things in time, I guess...patience is a virtue...but I still want one now! :P

Oh well...at least that gives me time to beat up on my current DX Rocs and make way for a brand shpankin' new one! :wink:

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Weebl » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:11 pm

I have more Rocs than some people have in their bags. 4 KC Rocs, 1 champ glow, 9 DX Rocs. I could always use more though... It would be comforting to know I have 15 brand new DX Rocs all the same feel and weight and know what to expect.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby jgarcia9102 » Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:48 pm

:shock:

i will never understand the need for so many of the same disc...
are they really all that different?
jgarcia9102
Tree Magnet

Postby zealot » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:24 pm

when i can get the roc in new dx plastic ill buy 4 175's and a 170 :D just tell me where they are
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

DX wraith

Postby twmccoy » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:36 pm

I threw a DX wraith some the other day. Here are my impressions (171g).
Pretty overstable. I had to really try to get this thing to fly flat.
Good glide. If you work this disc over a bit it glides forever.
Very stiff plastic. This disc was really rigid and didn't bend at all.

Overall it is a winner, and flies at least as far as any other wraiths out there.
The plastic seems OK, very stiff and hard.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby zealot » Thu Aug 03, 2006 2:59 pm

yea i like the new over the old just b/c the old feels way too much like it wants to knick easy
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Weebl » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:50 pm

jgarcia9102 wrote::shock:

i will never understand the need for so many of the same disc...
are they really all that different?

Only 4 or 5 are in my bag at any given time. Some are new, some broken in, some beat and some thrashed. Spares for every slot I use and then some. As to the whole San Marino, Rancho, 10xkc vs. 11xkc, they all fly slightly different, yes. And yet which one gives me the flight path and glide I like the most? The current production of sharp nose rancho cucamonga DX.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Weebl » Thu Aug 03, 2006 11:52 pm

lock-off wrote:when i can get the roc in new dx plastic ill buy 4 175's and a 170 :D just tell me where they are
Innova probably made quite a bit more Rocs in this new DX plastic than other molds, so when they hit the shelves it will be a tidal wave of em. Believe me, when I find them im getting quite a few to stash
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby bigs348 » Wed Aug 09, 2006 1:31 pm

Just received 3 DX Teebirds from Zonedriven, and they're all the new DX plastic. They seem to have a little more dome, imo, compared to older runs of the DX Teebirds.

I also got 2 DX TeeRexes the end of last week, both tourney stamped and in the new DX plastic (of course). The 175 is fairly flat, a little flatter than the Star version, but the 169 has quite a dome -- comparable to the DX Wraith or the Teebirds I just described. Interesting.
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Re: DX wraith

Postby Solty » Wed Aug 09, 2006 2:33 pm

twmccoy wrote:I threw a DX wraith some the other day. Here are my impressions (171g).
Pretty overstable. I had to really try to get this thing to fly flat.
Good glide. If you work this disc over a bit it glides forever.
Very stiff plastic. This disc was really rigid and didn't bend at all.

Overall it is a winner, and flies at least as far as any other wraiths out there.
The plastic seems OK, very stiff and hard.

I carry a 170 DX Wraith for my bomber disc. I can rip ths disc and it will bend to the right and then start turning back @ about 350 feet. Best drive with it....about 450. Mine too has a good glide yet i think the plastic feels like a broken pro disc....and it has decent flex to it. If i thought with Hyzer, it will hold the hyzer pretty well..unless i unleash some extra torque on it. All in all, i prefer the feel of the Star wraith to the DX....but i love DX teebirds vs. champ discs..
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Previous

Return to Equipment