breaking in star plastic

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Trekari » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:53 pm

No, they don't match.
Trekari
Noob

Postby LastBoyScout » Mon Jun 26, 2006 10:06 pm

Not exactly, checked it in Photoshop. Pretty close though.
LastBoyScout

Postby pointdisc » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:31 pm

For me, I finally got my star wraith broken in. It just took a few rounds of tomahawking it through the trees to do it. Flies like a dream now..

pd
pointdisc
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Eagle-X

Postby LastBoyScout » Tue Jun 27, 2006 12:58 pm

I tell you what, if you hit trees enough with it, It flies better than a roadrunner. I have one that I can throw flat and hard and it looks like a plane touching down on a runway... a nice smooth landing, and then rolls forever.

Just got a call from Revolution.... all sold out of navy, rust, and red. Just black, charcoal, and pink in stock. Guess its gonna be black after all. Had to call Sunkingdiscs and change the quad shock color to black. So long navy... maybe we just were not meant to be....
LastBoyScout

Postby Thatdirtykid » Tue Jun 27, 2006 7:50 pm

Id have gone with pink, but thats me ;-)

then burgandy would and followed by black
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby LastBoyScout » Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:27 pm

I came reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaal close, just for sh17s and giggles.

I even asked if it was popular....

then he said it was....

with the ladies....
LastBoyScout

Postby Blake_T » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:10 pm

i know two guys that carry the pink bag.

one of them does it to be different.

the other one started doing it to be different, but then realized at every tournament every girl that didn't already have one came up to him and talked to him about it... i guess it's equivalent to walking in the park w/ a golden retriever... babe magnet... as long as you can always come off hetero :P
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby LastBoyScout » Tue Jun 27, 2006 9:47 pm

Man...

I may just regret not getting it.
LastBoyScout

Postby discmonkey42 » Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:23 pm

That's brilliant.
discmonkey42
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: OLF

Postby daevidcardiac » Wed Jun 28, 2006 1:19 am

pink champ orcs are the bomb
yuk
daevidcardiac
Noob

Postby LastBoyScout » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:07 am

oh crap. Here that whole thread goes again...
LastBoyScout

Postby bigs348 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:06 am

2 quick things, only one of them related to Star plastic :oops:

1) First round of the PFDO, the grandmasters group came up behind us as we're waiting on a hole. One of them goes, "Hey guys, I'm not gay." I just started laughing because it was so out of nowhere. Turns out he has a hot pink Carolina bag, and wanted to let us know that he didn't swing that way. He was wearing the bag at the time, so we couldn't even see it behind him. Random.

2) I have a 170g Star Wraith in hot pink. I've had several tournies where someone will make fun of me for it when I take it out (not always the smartest thing, I'm 6'6" and 285). However, they don't make fun of me anymore when I throw it 450+. Nothing like a girly pink disc to make you want to prove something...
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby LastBoyScout » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:09 am

If you can find a pair of scales that measure up to or over 200 grams, measure that disc. Pink ususally runs a few grams heavier. My buddy has 2 pink tee-rexs listed at 175 grams, but actually weigh in at 179 grams.
LastBoyScout

Postby bigs348 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 10:10 am

LastBoyScout wrote:If you can find a pair of scales that measure up to or over 200 grams, measure that disc. Pink ususally runs a few grams heavier. My buddy has 2 pink tee-rexs listed at 175 grams, but actually weigh in at 179 grams.

Exactly the reason I don't weigh my discs... :shock:
"a man is a success if he gets up in the morning and he gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do."
-- bob dylan
bigs348
Fairway Surgeon

Postby jgarcia9102 » Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:29 pm

One of the best ways to 'break in' a disc that i have found is throwing it in the drier for a few cycles. I havent tried it on Star yet, but i know it works good with champion.

and as for pink discs, i have a pink CH spider and its the most impossible disc to loose, no matter where you play, or what the condition. I dont care how girly it looks, its so easy to find.
jgarcia9102
Tree Magnet

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment