Looking for a little bag advice

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Looking for a little bag advice

Postby ParanoidPiranhasDave » Wed Jun 28, 2006 5:40 pm

Okay, so I do a lot of discing...if you can call it that. I'm only 3 months into my career, but I play ever single day. I currently use the Innova starter bag with stock strap to carry my 10 or so discs plus a putter.
My two biggest things:
I want a bag with 2 drink holders, since I play in some hot weather.
I want a bag with back straps because I do a ton of walking and my strap kills me.

I'd also like to be able to carry two more discs: a hard putter for drives and an epic for tomahawks.

I have some cash to spend, but the Revolution Team bag is quite pricey, especially if I want to buy the back straps as well.

Is there another option that's less pricey but meets all my needs?

Thanks
ParanoidPiranhasDave
Noob

Postby ParanoidPiranhasDave » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:21 pm

Okay, I'm now realizing that my question has been already answered. My new question is...do all quad/pheonix/etc. back straps fit the revo and gateway bags?
ParanoidPiranhasDave
Noob

Postby Aaron_D » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:25 pm

PDGA Pro Bag is what youre looking for...but 2 things:

carrying 2 water bottles is a good thing in hot weather, but they are by far the heaviest things you will be carrying...they make your bag HEAVY.

that said...all i can say is you NEED the quadshocks/phoenix straps. they are worth 10000 bags.
Aaron_D
I Throw Faaar

Postby Blake_T » Wed Jun 28, 2006 8:24 pm

the pdga bag or, if you want a size larger than the revo or pdga bags, the gateway tour bag has dual drink holders.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Solty » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:16 am

the new champion innova bag that is coming out later this summer should suit your needs as well

mike
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby ParanoidPiranhasDave » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:33 am

Looking at the PDGA Tour bag, it looks huge.

Is it much bulkier than the revo?

Lastly, how is the construction on it?
ParanoidPiranhasDave
Noob

Postby MrTasses » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:01 am

Dave: I am not sure about the bulk question (though I believe the PDGA bag is pretty comparable in size to the Revo Team bags). Anything you are looking at is going to be huge compared to the Innova Starter

As for construction questions, most of those have been debated, at least twice, in the past. You'd be better off reading back through the old threads in this forum since you can read some fairly complete critiques of most any bag available. The responses you'll get on your thread are likely going to be much shorter than those debates were.

Also check the bag reviews on the site proper. There are some pretty in depth reviews there.
MrTasses
Tree Magnet

Postby Blake_T » Fri Jun 30, 2006 9:31 am

the pdga bag weighs quite a bit, but is probably the best of the overseas manufactured bags.

that being said, it will tear out if you overload it, but this has been a flaw of every tour sized bag manufactured overseas. with the 13 disc accordian capacity, the bag should hold up okay under normal use. it's when people take out the accordians and stick 20 discs in there that it will not support the weight (the lightning tour and prostyle bags as well as the innova tour bag also suffered from this).

i have very little faith in the innova bag that will be coming out. i agree, it looks nice (as did their previous tour bag(s)) but after they went through 3 different manufacturers with 3 different materials with their previous tour bag... and the bag still ripped out in the exact same spot (from normal use)... i would have guessed that after the 2nd gen. bags ripped out that they would have caught on that the design just didn't work and re-vamped it. they may shock me and end up with a great product, but if it retails for more than $70, that's hitting into the price range of american made bags.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby TexasOutlaw » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:55 pm

Sounds like you're a serious player. Do yourself a favor and spend the money on a Revoluation bag.

Prior to my revolution bag I have gone through: Innova (large bag I forget the model) 2 of them actually, a discraft bag, the Innova Deluxe bag.

And my small lightening bag outlasted all of those. When you total up the prices, the Revolution bag seems like a bargain.

Oh, and two water bottles are a must in Texas too. Force yourself to drink 32 oz every 9-18 holes depending on how hot it is and how much you sweat. I played 31 holes yesterday in 97 degree weather and drank a gallon of water.

During todays tournament I drank 2 32 oz bottles ( I didn't finish). I had a heat stroke last may, never take a chance.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jones » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:37 pm

I second the note on the Texas heat. i always carry 2-3 gatorades a day when I go practice at the course. The heat and humidity takes its toll on me, especially since I sweat more than the average person. I too am looking for a new bag. I have an Innova Standard bag which I fit a gatorade in the drink holder and one in the opposite pocket. The bag is currently starting to fall apart with 12 discs and no accordian divider.

I was looking at the Revolution Pro bag, would it be possible to fit another drink in the side opposite to the drink holder? I haven't seen any pictures that show that side of the bag.
Jones
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Wizard

REVOLUTION PRO Bag

Postby dave9921 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:57 pm

Jones-

We are in the process of adding a second 32oz bottle holder to the REVOLUTION PRO Bag. I have a few that have the two bottle set up now - I believe in Charcoal and Spruce. All colors will be available in the two-bottle configuration in the next couple weeks.

If you are going to Am Worlds in Tulsa, I will definitely have all colors available there. If you would like to order one from the site now, you can place your order for the PRO Bag, pick one of those two colors, and put a note about the second bottle holder in the notes section. Here's a link:

http://www.comportunity.com/product.php ... t=3&page=1

Of course, I am biased, but I think that with the addition of the second 32oz bottle holder, the proven-tough 1000d/500d MADE IN USA construction, and the new RollCage internal frame, the REVOLUTION PRO Bag represents a great value and should be more than tough enough for most players out there.

Thanks,

-Dave
dave9921
Noob

Postby Jones » Sun Jul 02, 2006 10:52 am

Awesome, I wasn't planning to order a bag for a little while anyway. I won't be at AM worlds :(. I wanted to get Lake Blue/Black; will I still need to put a note in about the second bottle holder when I order it, or should I wait for the website to say when it has it as an option?
Jones
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Wizard

REVOLUTION PRO Bag

Postby dave9921 » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:19 pm

After Am Worlds, the double bottle PRO Bags will be listed and available through the site in all colors. It sounds like, by the time you are ready, they will be there.

Thanks,

-Dave
dave9921
Noob

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sun Jul 02, 2006 12:54 pm

since I built the frame for my innova deluxe, and re-enfoced the contact points w/ vynal tape the wear and tear on the bag practically ceased. I think most bags should last a long time if taken care of (Ive had it a year w/ a minimum of 10 rounds a week, plus a day in the field)

the only wear on the bag was it lost its shape after 6 months (fixed w/ the frame) and the inside liner was tearing away.

Revo bags are no maitenience though, and I still would say they are worth the money in the long run.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby ParanoidPiranhasDave » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:03 pm

Well, I went ahead and ordered a rust/grey Carolina team bag. My pockets are a little sore but I'm unbelievably amped about this bag.

Dave, I'm gathering that you're affiliated with Revo. I ordered it the 30th of June I think. I sent you an email about a mistake I made when I filled out the order form, (forgot my apart. #) If you get this in time, please make sure that this gets added. My neighbors are way sheisty.
Paranoid Piranhas!

Disc golf kicks minge.
ParanoidPiranhasDave
Noob

Next

Return to Equipment