Should Chris make the secondary color Black

Yes
69%
Yes
31%

Total votes : 111

Re: Gorilla Boy Disc Sports

Postby practically invincible » Thu Mar 31, 2011 5:20 pm

In regards to washing, after an "amigo" of mine kicked mine into some dank creek water I gave it a soak in hot water with oxyclean. Two years in the dirt and still looks (and now smells) fresh. Love it.
The only disc I throw well consistently is my lucky Wizard.
practically invincible
Tree Magnet

Postby ziggy » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:04 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:ohh, I'm excited to see my new awesome Kong.

What? you mean to tell me in all your twenty years, you havent looked south yet ? Might be time to trim some..
ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:05 pm

its a jungle down there.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby ziggy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:44 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:its a jungle down there.

If you listen hard enough, you just might hear the sound of Robin Williams.. and then some bongo drums.
ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:10 pm

Received my Kelly green chimp....holy cow I love this thing!
"Strange women distributing swords from the bottom of ponds is no basis for a government"
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Moving Pictures?

Postby Frank Delicious » Sat Apr 09, 2011 5:45 pm

Got to check out MuchachoGrande's new Silverback, holy cow the improvements rule.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Steady 26542 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:04 pm

Tossin' in Memphis wrote:Received my Kelly green chimp....holy cow I love this thing!

The Chimp is a great bag. I've had mine for 2 yrs and it looks brand new. And, all the stitching is intact!! Sorry, I couldn't help myself... :oops:
Team MILLENNIUM
Team Gorilla Boy
Team Iron Lion
Steady 26542
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Omega SS

Postby emiller3 » Sat Apr 09, 2011 10:28 pm

Yeah my Chimp looks new after 100 rounds, the bottom is barely worn. And yet I still find myself eyeing a Silverback...
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Tossin' in Memphis » Sun Apr 10, 2011 9:33 am

Steady 26542 wrote:
Tossin' in Memphis wrote:Received my Kelly green chimp....holy cow I love this thing!

The Chimp is a great bag. I've had mine for 2 yrs and it looks brand new. And, all the stitching is intact!! Sorry, I couldn't help myself... :oops:

Great to hear...I'm going to get some quads for it and I'll be set
"Strange women distributing swords from the bottom of ponds is no basis for a government"
Tossin' in Memphis
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Moving Pictures?

Postby ziggy » Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:45 am

I have one of the first original silverbacks... No matter how many times the man tries to wean me off my old school silverback, i still keep coming back to it..
It's stood the test of time so far and the only wear n tear that's noticable is the outside webbing to hold the minis.. I suspect from brushing up against trees, thorns, and such roughage.
ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby emiller3 » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:27 am

Anybody know how deep the 9x9 behind-the-putter pocket on the Silverback/Kong is compared to the 8x9 side pocket of the Chimp? I can fit a Large track jacket in my Chimp pocket, although it's stuffed in there pretty good and I can't zip it up. I'm wondering if I could do the same in the Silverback/Kong if I didn't have any putters in the putter pocket.
Trades | Bag | Drives | KC Aviar - Roc - Eagle - Monster - Valk - Destroyer
emiller3
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Jaysus » Mon Apr 11, 2011 8:38 am

probably not... but I think it may fit in one of the side pockets on the kong (they are deceptively big)... and you could definitely use the umbrella clips for it.
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby gorillaboy » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:27 pm

emiller3 wrote:Anybody know how deep the 9x9 behind-the-putter pocket on the Silverback/Kong is compared to the 8x9 side pocket of the Chimp? I can fit a Large track jacket in my Chimp pocket, although it's stuffed in there pretty good and I can't zip it up. I'm wondering if I could do the same in the Silverback/Kong if I didn't have any putters in the putter pocket.

those two pockets your mentioning are exactly the same ... I use the same pattern on the sb and the chimp for the 9x9 pocket ;)
gorillaboy
King of the Jungle

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby ziggy » Tue Apr 19, 2011 8:43 am

All this talk about the wonders of Gorilla Boy got me thinking..

Gorilla has been around for a couple years now. Post some pictures of the older bags?
I recognize that Gorilla has gone through a series of changes for the better but!!

Show us the goodness of how them bags are built to last ! Anyone got some bags at least 5 years old?
ziggy
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Jeronimo » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:15 am

Hey Chris, any chance of a Limited Edition Simian in the new design? I'd like to pick up a newly designed Simian (I don't have a real reason other than I want one, my 1st run Simian is doing just fine) but I'm really waiting for a color/pattern offering to wow me. I really digged that design you had on the LE Silverbacks, any chance of that coming back but on a Sim? Can you make single color/pattern Sim's?

Ziggy I'll put up some pictures of my almost 2 year old Simian when I think of it. The thing still looks new and i've used it a LOT. It's also seen a lot of ass (cause everyone wants to sit on the damn thing). Something I also wanted to mention about my Simian is that Chris sews on these little rubber feet on the bottom of the bag to lift it about .5" off what ever it's sitting on, I absolutely love this feature and it bothers me my Mahal doesn't have anything similar. The other nice feature that you wouldn't typically think about that the Simian has is that it STANDS up on it's own. This never really bugged me until I started using the Simian a lot, now when I use my Mahal (for example) it's a nuisance. Now i've got the Grip, Mahal, Dual pack, Carolina, and others... and still I prefer my Simian...
I am dumb.

...and a drama queen.
Jeronimo
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Pure

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment