Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Should Chris make the secondary color Black

Yes
69%
Yes
31%

Total votes : 111

Postby MrTasses » Thu Feb 08, 2007 2:27 pm

Your rain jacket would have to be one of the packable types that has it's own little stuff sack built into it. You could carry fewer discs and use the divider to section off a place for a jacket. Or you could the umbrella loops to carry a jacket (but probably no umbrella). Otherwise you would need a bag that has side pockets the full height and width of the disc compartment.
MrTasses
Tree Magnet

Postby disc_golfing_fool » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:04 pm

I am all about supporting small business.
I am interested in knowing if Gorilla Boy has plans to make a backpack-type bag in the future?

Best wishes on your fledgling company! Keep your day job until your night job pays!
~~~some rise, some fall, some climb to get to Terrapin~~~
~~peace.love.disc~~

OM
disc_golfing_fool
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Solty » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:09 pm

disc_golfing_fool wrote:...Best wishes on your fledgling company! Keep your day job until your night job pays!

I think in Chris's case....Keep your NIGHT job until your DAY job pays off!!

:)
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby dave9921 » Thu Feb 08, 2007 3:56 pm

Speaking from experience, that's going to take a while…

-Dave
dave9921
Noob

Postby gorillaboy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 4:58 pm

mikesolt wrote:
disc_golfing_fool wrote:...Best wishes on your fledgling company! Keep your day job until your night job pays!

I think in Chris's case....Keep your NIGHT job until your DAY job pays off!!

:)

all I have to say to that mike is........word!!! .....LOL........stupid night shift
gorillaboy
King of the Jungle

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby gorillaboy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:00 pm

disc_golfing_fool wrote:I am interested in knowing if Gorilla Boy has plans to make a backpack-type bag in the future?

yes I am planning on it but im not going to have one for awhile yet i still have to find the time to start working on what i've drawn and have in my mind for a backpack
gorillaboy
King of the Jungle

Postby Eric O » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:09 pm

MrTasses wrote:Your rain jacket would have to be one of the packable types that has it's own little stuff sack built into it.
I don't see a reason to be carrying raingear that has much more weight/bulk to it than that anyway, unless you are trying to add weight for long haul disc carry training or something. :roll:

In Oregon I don't go out to the course this time of year without a rainshell in the bag, and it takes up less than half a pocket.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Weebl » Thu Feb 08, 2007 5:56 pm

Eric O wrote:
MrTasses wrote:Your rain jacket would have to be one of the packable types that has it's own little stuff sack built into it.
I don't see a reason to be carrying raingear that has much more weight/bulk to it than that anyway, unless you are trying to add weight for long haul disc carry training or something. :roll:

In Oregon I don't go out to the course this time of year without a rainshell in the bag, and it takes up less than half a pocket.

Oregon this time of year is the site of colder, slightly less windy monsoons.

I have a rainshell that folds up and fits nicely in the big side pocket on my large Gorilla Boy bag, the small pocket by the drink holder I have to hold my towel and pocket contents. Back pocket I put my rain pants in. Perfect.

Also, I need to wash this bag horribly... just empty the internal frame and hose it out? Is it washing machine safe?
"When a ball dreams, it dreams it's a Frisbee"
-Dr. Stancil Johnson
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby gorillaboy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 6:05 pm

i've never bothered to ever wash out a bag i used ....but i dont see why it would be safe to put it in the washer ...though to clean the cordura you can just wipe it down with a wet soapy rag and rinse it out.... but like i said i've never cleaned out a bag before
gorillaboy
King of the Jungle

Postby sleepy » Thu Feb 08, 2007 8:19 pm

gorillaboy wrote:i've never bothered to ever wash out a bag i used

It might be a good idea to try it just from a customer satisfaction/R&D standpoint. Take an old bag, or one that had a defect or something, and see how many trips through the washer/dryer it takes to destroy it. Or see how the different combinations of hot/cold/detergent/bleach affect it.

That way you'll be prepared for the day some irate customer calls and complains that washing their bag ruined it, and somehow it's your fault. ;)

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby NoLifeLeft » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:35 pm

Don't put cordura in the dryer. Just don't. It'll air dry fast enough.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby some call me...tim? » Thu Feb 08, 2007 9:43 pm

Yeah, considering that just about all heavy duty outdoor gear is is made from cordura, I'd imagine it'd be fine, but I agree with NoLifeLeft...the dryer might not be a good idea.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Mr.SmOOOth » Thu Feb 08, 2007 11:22 pm

I just got back from playing 2 rounds in a steady sprinkle and my bag looks almost new compared to how it did when I left the house. I would just spray it with a hose and maybe hit the really dirty areas with a nylon brush. No real need for detergent and a washer.
"Are you talking to me on a cellular phone? I don't know you. Who is this? Don't come here! Prank caller! Prank caller!"
Mr.SmOOOth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Z BUZZZ

Postby K-Dog 19 » Mon Feb 12, 2007 8:57 pm

Hey Chris, What are th prices for all the Bags (Small, Med., New Med., Large, New Large)?
Once upon a time a Monster ran into a mob of Avengers, they attacked him with their pet Leopard, the Buzzz was all around the city that even the Wizards had to use ear plugs. :D
K-Dog 19
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: First X Avenger ever

Postby kvanorsdel » Tue Feb 13, 2007 7:20 am

K-Dog I beleive the prices below are correct but if not Chris will chime in I'm sure

Spider Monkey - Small Bag - $35
Chimpanzee - Medium Bag -$55
New Design Silverback - Medium Bag with 2 drink holders+ -$95
Gorilla - Large Bag - $75
New Design Kong - Large Bag with 2 drink holders+ - $110

Shipping is $8 for all bags except the Spider Monkey which is $5
Last edited by kvanorsdel on Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
kvanorsdel
Fairway Surgeon

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment