Need help identifying a mystery disc

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Need help identifying a mystery disc

Postby ParanoidPiranhasDave » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:06 am

Okay, so my buddy came into possession of a mystery disc the other day, and I'm curious as to what it is.

It's a hard black putt/approach with no graphic other than the Gateway script logo on the top.

I'm thinking it's a Firm Wizard, but I can't find another picture of it anywhere, so I wanted to make sure.
ParanoidPiranhasDave
Noob

Postby Frank Delicious » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:30 am

I don't think gateway makes a putter besides the wiard and odyssesy so I would agree that it is a wizard.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby garublador » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:33 am

The Wizard is the only putt and approach disc that Gateway makes in one solid piece of plastic (my understanding of the Odyssey discs is that they are all two types of plastic). As for the firmness, you'll just have to compare it to other Wizards to find out. I have several Wizards that all feel the same, but some are labled "Soft" and some "Meduim." My thoughts are that the actual label of the firmness doesn't matter at all as long as you like how it feels and works.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby jgarcia9102 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:34 am

There is the wizzard and there was the chief, although i couldnt tell you what the difference between the two are. i dont believe the chief was too firm though, so you most likely have a wiz.
jgarcia9102
Tree Magnet

Postby garublador » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:40 am

jgarcia9102 wrote:There is the wizzard and there was the chief, although i couldnt tell you what the difference between the two are. i dont believe the chief was too firm though, so you most likely have a wiz.

The Chief is just a Wizard in H plastic. The plastic is shinier and feels a bit more rubbery than S plastic. I had one and they aren't firm at all. They're really domey and pretty good approach discs.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby jgarcia9102 » Fri Jun 30, 2006 8:47 am

ahh, well now i know.

dave, looks like you have a wiz
jgarcia9102
Tree Magnet

Postby daevidcardiac » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:10 am

if i had a dime for every time i heard that...
yuk
daevidcardiac
Noob

Postby TexasOutlaw » Sat Jul 01, 2006 2:47 pm

Is it's chalky? If so, it's a "midnight" wizard which comes in medium, soft, super soft.

If it's not chalky, it's just a black wizard. I have seen two black wizards which I think were released not to far from each other. I have seen many black wizards that are not chalky.

Neither of them have any stamps.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Equipment