Different Colors of Star Plastic

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Different Colors of Star Plastic

Postby asimo » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:16 am

Dave Feldberg and some of the guys on tour are saying that the red Star plastic is different from the other stuff, even faster. Has anyone else heard anything about this? Blake, have you noticed anything about the differences in different colors of Star plastic?
asimo
Noob

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri Jun 30, 2006 11:32 am

I know I cant help, I havent liked anything in star plastic to warrant me buying two ;-). I believe it though.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby ChainSaw » Sat Jul 01, 2006 6:19 am

I worked in a plastic manufacture plant long ago.. I cant see color making any effect. I know nothing of disc manufature techniques, but in most cases an item being molded will be +-90% base (white or clear), and only a small portion of the injected plastic is colored.. before the mix/melt proccess. Anyone been to a disc plant? Correct me if Im wrong, please.
ChainSaw
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Sat Jul 01, 2006 12:51 pm

differences occur during different runs with slight tweaks, atmospheric differences, etc.

it's not that the red made it happen, it's that the changes happened to be when they were running the blend that happened to be red.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Fritz » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:37 pm

Blake is right. I've heard get the yellow, then others get the red then others get the pink...Bet you could take a disc of each color and they'd almost be identical.

Not the color just the day molded.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Return to Equipment