Towel

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Towel

Postby smpen45 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 9:05 pm

[color=darkred][/color]
I am looking for a highly absorbent disc golf towel as i am going on vacation to Peru. What offers the highest absorbancy for the price? Is it soft enough to the touch to rub dirt off my hands? Will its apperance make all the other frolfers jealous?
smpen45
Noob

Re: Towel

Postby Fritz » Sat Jul 01, 2006 10:28 pm

smpen45 wrote:I am looking for a highly absorbent disc golf towel as i am going on vacation to Peru. What offers the highest absorbancy for the price? Is it soft enough to the touch to rub dirt off my hands? Will its apperance make all the other frolfers jealous?

Buy a camping towel! These things are da bomb! wring it out BAMN dry. best of all 6-10$ to buy one.

Very light, and you can just stuff it into one of your side pockets.
Ideal for travel, backpacking, camping, yoga sessions and the gym
Wring out up to 90% of the moisture to speed drying time; dries three times faster than a cotton towel
Ultrasoft synthetic fabric is light and compact, taking up very little space in your backpack or bag
Hang loop with tiny separating buckle for drying convenience
Comes in a zippered mesh pouch which can be used for storage
Machine washable, anti-bacterial fabric remains odor free

Specification Description
Weight 2 ounces
Dimensions 27.5 x 15.5 inches
Material 85% polyester/ 15% nylon microfiber
Any camping goods store should have em.
Here is what I found at our local shop. (The above Text)

REI Camping Multi Towel 10$ Click to view!
The added Microfiber is great for disc cleaning too.

EDIT: I just found a cheaper one here is the link: http://www.outdoorsuperstore.com/produc ... rod=518582
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby BHW » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:39 pm

I went looking for a new towel today. I've been using a cotton golf towel, but it stays wet. Lately, in this heat, I'm sweating like crazy, and it's hard to keep my hand dry for throwing. After a few holes, my clothes are also soaked. I saw at least 4 diferent kinds of camp towels...but only one mentioned being able to "wring it out". Are they all microfiber, similar?
BHW
Tree Magnet

Postby Fritz » Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:54 pm

BHW wrote:I went looking for a new towel today. I've been using a cotton golf towel, but it stays wet. Lately, in this heat, I'm sweating like crazy, and it's hard to keep my hand dry for throwing. After a few holes, my clothes are also soaked. I saw at least 4 diferent kinds of camp towels...but only one mentioned being able to "wring it out". Are they all microfiber, similar?

The one got from REI is micofibersk
FRITZ
Team Millennium
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby ApesOfWrath » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:52 am

I noticed eatsleepdisc.com has a microfiber towel. I know the guy that just started the website, and he's done alot for the sport, and likes supporting us ultimate guys too.
ApesOfWrath
Tree Magnet

Postby zealot » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:36 am

you can get ultra absorbent bar mops for cheap as ewll, like 3 for 4 bucks or something
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby BHW » Sat Jul 29, 2006 4:06 pm

I bought a bundle of 8 microfiber towels at Target for $5.99. they are in the car detailing section, and are on sale right now. They even have a 12 pack for the same price...slightly different size. I went to REI first, and theirs were really expensive. I'll just wash and re-use the microfiber towels.
BHW
Tree Magnet

Postby Fritz » Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:42 pm

BHW wrote:I bought a bundle of 8 microfiber towels at Target for $5.99. they are in the car detailing section, and are on sale right now. They even have a 12 pack for the same price...slightly different size. I went to REI first, and theirs were really expensive. I'll just wash and re-use the microfiber towels.

Those are what I use for my discs, I thought you were talking about a camping towel for sweat and etc...

Those Vroom towels kick ass.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby BHW » Sun Jul 30, 2006 11:06 am

Oh, I meant both, I use the Vroom towels for sweat too. I just carry two at a time....works great.
BHW
Tree Magnet

Return to Equipment