PDGA Tournment Bag?

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

PDGA Tournment Bag?

Postby alphafrolfer » Mon Jul 03, 2006 10:20 pm

I'm currently looking into getting a new bag that can fit a drink and anywhere from 10-15 disks. I would also like the bag to fit with the phenix quad shocks. The PDGA Tournment Bag looked like a possible fit. Does anyone have any experiences with the aforementioned bag? Any other recommendations? Im also ordering online and live in Anchorage, AK so availability is a concern.

Thanks again.
alphafrolfer
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:25 pm

this bag has been talked about extensively on about 3 other threads...
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby alphafrolfer » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:40 pm

links?
alphafrolfer
Noob

Postby steezo » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:45 pm

The more I throw, the easier it gets-
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beef Curtain

Postby alphafrolfer » Mon Jul 03, 2006 11:52 pm

I mainly just threw the pdga tournment bag out there as it was the one I was currently looking at.

I was mainly just looking for suggestions to a bag that will work well with the quad shocks hold 10-12 disks and be around 100 dollards (including the shocks).

Thanks
alphafrolfer
Noob

Postby steezo » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:00 am

If you are really serious about getting a bag, then put "bag" into the search query and choose "equipment" from the search options. I don't know about other people but I enjoy going through all the old posts and seeing what has already been said about different topics.
The more I throw, the easier it gets-
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beef Curtain

Postby all_thumbs » Wed Jul 12, 2006 12:48 am

I just replaced my 1.5 yr old PDGA tourney bag with a Revolution Carolina team bag. The PDGA bag was purchased in spring of '05, used for (conservatively) 10-15 rounds a week last summer, about 10-15 outings over the winter, and made it through about 5 months of lighter play this spring and summer. I will admit to not taking it easy on the bag either. Actually I would say that I kind of beat on it. In the process I ripped 3 out of 4 loops on the back that can be used for quads, not the big plastic D-rings, but the other nylon loops. I finally ripped the putter pouch through misadventure in the shule 2 weeks ago. The damaged spots could be repaired (and improved stucturally) if I had the time and materials. The rest of the bag is still sound. I happened to be in Virginia near Revolution's office and decided to go there and upgrade to the best instead of reinventing the wheel.

Overall it was great and held up to at least 500 rounds of 18. So it cost me a dime a round? Well worth it. I can still use it for an extra bag using just a shoulder strap after I fix the putter pocket or I can improvise quad mounts. The pocket layout can't really be beat either, except if the drink holders were on opposite sides of the bag.

YMMV as to the PDGA bag, but I did beat my personal best at leauge my first time carrying my Revolution bag :P
Ken H...formerly the user 'gwailo'.
Wizards, 1080 Radius & Warlock twins, Wasp ,Hornet, Buzzz, Demon, Firebird, Leopards, CE TL, Orcs, and Predator.
Bag in flux - rebuilding my game after long layoff including learning forehands hence the schizo nature of what I carry.
all_thumbs
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DEMON!

Return to Equipment