Starfires...

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Starfires...

Postby jgarcia9102 » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:33 pm

I really want to get a starfire X, but the only ones people throw/sell around here are all pro SL. Are the current runs of Champ starfires SX, or SL? What about star?

ALso, does anyone know when the DX SX will be coming out? Im dying to get one of them...
jgarcia9102
Tree Magnet

Postby Mr. Merchant » Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:27 am

blake would know. but in the past month I bought two champ starfire Xs from gggt. if they are not going to make them anymore I should buy more.

I would go pro or champ. I threw a star and wasn't a huge fan, not as much glide and it was more overstable.

I love the starfire x to death, good luck in finding some.
Mr. Merchant
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:33 am

nick: pro starfires are SL's :P

98% of champ starfires are SX's. there are a handful of champ SL's floating around, but not many.

star are SX's.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby jgarcia9102 » Sat Jul 15, 2006 11:33 am

Im afraid that the star and champ will be too overstable for my arm though. I wish there was a Pro or DX Starfire X run out there now.

For now i ocasionally use a Pro SL, but its just too understable at this point. It was great for the first month or so, but now its almost a year old. Im thinking that i would still love it if it was an SX. i really think when the dx comes out it will be perfect for me.
jgarcia9102
Tree Magnet

Postby Blake_T » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:11 pm

it depends what you want to use it for.

imo, if your arm isn't close to being able to handle the champ/star starfire-x's, then you probably shouldn't be throwing the pro/star SL either.

also, if your pro starfires are only lasting a month...
a) you are throwing it on way too many holes
b) you need to carry more than 1

the 1 month mark is usually where i start liking disc's flights.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby Rob » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:30 pm

jgarcia9102 wrote:Im afraid that the star and champ will be too overstable for my arm though. I wish there was a Pro or DX Starfire X run out there now.

For now i ocasionally use a Pro SL, but its just too understable at this point. It was great for the first month or so, but now its almost a year old. Im thinking that i would still love it if it was an SX. i really think when the dx comes out it will be perfect for me.

I agree. I had a pro starfire that was great for about a month or so but broke in and was too understable. So i got a champ starfire which was too overstable for my arm so i used it for hyzers. But lately it started breaking in a bit and now flies straight with still a pretty hard fade. Its really like a longer tee-bird with more fade. I love it.

Mr. Merchant wrote:blake would know. but in the past month I bought two champ starfire Xs from gggt. if they are not going to make them anymore I should buy more.

I would go pro or champ. I threw a star and wasn't a huge fan, not as much glide and it was more overstable.

I love the starfire x to death, good luck in finding some.

I also thought the star was too overtstable with less glide. And what are they not making starfires anymore??!?!?
Rob
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Return to Equipment