Ching

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Ching

Postby The Clergyman » Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:21 pm

You don't hear people talk about the Ching product much. especially their newer revamped lineup. To me they look pretty cool. And they seem to rate well in the Review section. Why don't people refer to any of their plastics as "must have" like av's or roc's? I wonder aloud. :wink:
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
~Dr.Seuss
The Clergyman
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z XL...or not

Postby coogs » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:04 pm

I just found a Ching Bomb at my local course and that thing flies pretty darn well. I've got no idea how it's ratings compare with other discs, but when thrown flat I was able to get good distance with a slight fade at the end.
coogs
Tree Magnet

Postby Blake_T » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:28 pm

the bomb was a hybrid disc... half of it was a banshee, i'm not sure if the other half was a unique mold or something else.

the sniper was originally just the panther, but when the spider got released it was a panther top w/ a spider bottom. innova kept this mold in production as the gremlin for a little while.

the tank = piranha top w/ aviar putter bottom. the rhyno was released 3 weeks after the tank as a piranha top w/ a big bead aviar bottom.

the stinger was a puma top w/ a bottom i'm not sure on... possibly a classic roc.

as for ching's role in the current line of things... there's basically a formula for how to launch... you need either a roc, an aviar, or a driver that will rival the longest flyers on the market. ching chose to go w/ a unique putter and a beginner driver.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby DRDYE » Sun Jul 16, 2006 8:08 am

I agree with Blake here that there is a formula when you are launching new discs in the DG world. Maybe Holgate has something else in mind with the way he is releasing discs, not sure.

But the discs he has come out with in the most recent past are sweet!!! The Juju is probably one of the most controlable putters for me, and has replaced all but one of my aviars(I still carry one in my bag, next to 2 jujus). They are now working on a midrange disc. I have had a proto for about 3-4 months and have been throwing it alot!!! The proto I have does not have dimples, and I think the production run will. Man is this thing stable!!! Its a little smaller than a Roc(maybe gater size) with a different kind rim. I think the most unique thing about this new midrange, is that on the bottom of the disc, where the rim meets the flightplate. There is a slope(for lack of a better word) that connects the rim and flightplate, not like a 90 degree angle like most other discs. It makes me think that this is the way the QK was supposed to be, as far as the way the flightplate and rim connect.

The velocity, well its a good driver for beginners like Blake mentioned. I guess that could be said for all the new discs they are coming out with. Thats okay, I think there are more beginners/non-competitive players out there than the pros/competitive players. So maybe Holgate is trying to appeal to the most populated group of DGers. I think when he does have a full line-up up and running, people will like what he is making!!! He is a cool guy, with a great product, its just a tough world out there when Innova has such a stronghold on the market right now.

Like a friend said a few months back to me "Innova could take a shit in a mold and people would still buy it right now!!!" Dont get me wrong, most of my bag is Innova/CHING. Its just that Innova has such a vast majority of the market right now.

(Off topic)This is why I think the star plastic is selling for so much, because they can sell them for that much. Same reason my cat is licking himself right now , because he can(showoff cat hehe).
DRDYE
Noob

Postby The Clergyman » Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:38 am

DRDYE wrote:This is why I think the star plastic is selling for so much, because they can sell them for that much. Same reason my cat is licking himself right now , because he can(showoff cat hehe).

^^ :D
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
~Dr.Seuss
The Clergyman
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z XL...or not

Postby Glock23 » Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:10 am

I agree with you Dr. The star plastic is a decent plastic, but not worth the hype or the $. How thrilled is innova that they can produce a cheaper plastic (star is cheaper than champ) and charge more for it? You have to give innova one thing, their marketing is better than any other company. Even Dick's sporting goods now carries racks of innova discs, mostly dyed champ at $20 each. Oh, and if you get a hold of any of the proto or first run POO discs, let me know. I am looking for a brown one in 175g. And I have heard if you sit them in the sun for a few weeks they change color and you can dye them... :lol:
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~ Hunter Thompson
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Live near Ohio and need a new or used car? Send me a PM!
Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beaver

Ching Tank

Postby Leemcf42 » Thu Jul 20, 2006 10:56 am

I search for a real long time for a good putter. Putting is my strongest part of the game. My drives need work, but that’s for another topic. :D I love my Tank. I have picked up another 10 feet to my putting. I am not afraid of over throwing the basket. It fly straight and drops like a brick. It would be hard to replace it.
No matter where you go, there you are.
Leemcf42
Noob

Return to Equipment