Revolution Carolina Team Bag vs. Gateway Tour Bag

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Revolution Carolina Team Bag vs. Gateway Tour Bag

Postby Sugar Daddy » Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:07 pm

I've got a birthday coming up and I want to get a bag. I've just been using an old backpack. But as I get more discs, they are getting cramped, and I don't want them to warp in the heat. Plus, any bag would be easier to carry than what I've got.

I'm thinking maybe the Revolution Carolina Team Bag or the Gateway/GDS Tour Bag

• The money difference between the two bags is not really a problem.
  • I don't have to have a quad system now, but I'm sure I'll get one as soon as I can put out the bucks for it, like maybe on ebay. I read that Blake thinks the Gateway G-Shocks are longer lasting than the Quad Shocks, so I'll probably go with the Gateways.
  • I need the two drink holders.
  • It looks like the capacity of both bags is right for what I would use it for.
  • I play at least every week.

I've heard of the quality of the Revo is top-notch, but since I don't play as often as some of you, I'm wondering if I need it. I've read lots of the threads on bags here, but I just don't want to miss anything.

From what I've read, it looks like I'd be very happy with either bag, but I just wanted to know about the finer points and real-world experiences that might help me figure out which is better for me.

:?: One question I have is: other than quality of craftsmanship, what is the strength of the Revo bag over the GDS that would make me shell out more money?

:?: Also, about buying a Revolution bag, if it comes to that -- is their website my only option?
Sugar Daddy
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:40 pm

I need the two drink holders.

you answered your own question...

It looks like the capacity of both bags is right for what I would use it for.

they are the same bag, just made out of diff materials and with 1 different end panel. the inside capacity is identical and uses the same frame.

other than quality of craftsmanship, what is the strength of the Revo bag over the GDS that would make me shell out more money?

the frame is better. the other strength is that people will tell you "you should have bought a revolution bag" if you buy a gateway bag. i personally have owned both revo and gds and consider both of them to be excellent products.
the gateway advantages are larger capacity. the weekend deluxe, player, and backpack share the same frame and hold 14-16 internally. the tour holds 17-21 internally. the revo bag is more like 12-14.

Also, about buying a Revolution bag, if it comes to that -- is their website my only option?

yes. my suggestion is to call and see what they have in stock that has 2 drink holders. i know a second drink holder was getting added to the pro bag and if you aren't playing 10 rounds a week and super rough on your gear, that should be enough bag to last you 3+ years, and probably more.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby ParanoidPiranhasDave » Mon Jul 17, 2006 10:05 pm

Just to let you know, Revo now has some new "Pro" bags (which are cheaper than the Carolina) that have the 2 drink holders. Call them for availability.
Paranoid Piranhas!

Disc golf kicks minge.
ParanoidPiranhasDave
Noob

Postby TexasOutlaw » Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:39 am

Forgive me if I double post, but the strengh of the revolution bag is its construction. Double cordura, truck vinyl bottoms. It's about as strong as a ball golf bag. As far as design, there are other similar. Just not the same construction. If you have to thread through cactus and thorny brush, cordura is a must.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Equipment