whitler

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

whitler

Postby ApesOfWrath » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:09 pm

well, I just received the new whitler in the mail today. very grippy, bendable plastic. flight is pretty remeniscient of an ultimate disc. i could see myself reaching for it alot from 40' to 100' out. i havent taken it to the course yet, so no word on how effective this 'tremble technology' is. anyone else thrown one?
ApesOfWrath
Tree Magnet

Postby Woodchuck » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:29 pm

got mine today too, black. .... not quite what i was expecting the plastic is much different from what i am used to. Seemed like the type of plastic you'd get from a frisbee in your kids meal at burger king, did yours feel the same way, felt REALLY light too, i don't think these things are going to be good in any kind of a breeze, but i can't really comment on it yet until i take it out on the course.... i'm going out Wednesday so i'll post afterward.

Anyone else have any reviews of it?
Woodchuck
Noob

Postby ApesOfWrath » Mon Jul 17, 2006 4:45 pm

yes, the plastic is very different feeling...the bottom felt a little smoother, while the top was stickier. the top shows alot of fingerprints/smudges. not really a bad thing, just a little unusual. you can bend it in half and it pops back into shape (tremble mumbo jumbo?). i went out and threw around with it with my roomate, and we both thought it was cool. we were throwing backhands and flicks and it held a very nice line. it will be handy for tricky shots and getting out of trouble.
ApesOfWrath
Tree Magnet

Postby Woodchuck » Thu Jul 20, 2006 7:32 pm

Well my initial review is as follows: My friend and i took it tonight for a round of golf. It took a lot of getting used to as i have never thrown a disc this large and deep of rim. Basically every throw i made turned over hard. After some throw and catch we both got a hang of how to actually throw the disc. Basically we had very little arm into the throw basically the last 6 inches of the throw we would quicken it up and snap it and it would go dead straight.

If you put a lot of arm into it it jsut turns over hard. The tremble technology does work, we noticed this quickly when i stopped a disc coming at me with my shin, the disc buckled into my leg and i could barely feel it at all. Was quite amusing. Don't give up to soon with this disc like i almost did it definitly takes some time to master and i am not there yet but i do see the potential in this disc.
Woodchuck
Noob

Return to Equipment