What disc raises the most eybrows on the course

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Big Discs

Postby Thatdirtykid » Wed Jul 19, 2006 11:36 am

trogdor wrote:Probably the most respected Denver player, John Bird, does amazing things with the Condor.

I was going to say something about birds condors, watching him play has made me want to try one for so long, but I still havent.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby roadkill » Wed Jul 19, 2006 4:33 pm

daevidcardiac wrote:where im from you get strange looks if you dont have a demon and wizard.

Very few people up my way ( Pa/Md/De/NJ) throw Gateway drivers or mids, but the wizard has been growing in popularity very rapidly. I've been in foursomes where all of us were putting and approaching with wizards.

(Side note: I predict goblins and coyotes will grow in popularity in the coming year or two)
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby daevidcardiac » Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:18 pm

the goblin is next on my try list
yuk
daevidcardiac
Noob

Postby BHW » Thu Jul 20, 2006 8:04 am

I have an old, beat to heck Moray with a tourny stamp on top. It was my "go to" disc for a long time, I could throw it flat and straight, and it would fall straight at the end. As it wore more, it started to fall to the right at the end of it's flight. Since I pretty much suck, this was my best disc...especially on the shorter courses. People were always asking what it was. I bought a few more but they never broke in or flew the same way. I eventually "outgrew" it.
BHW
Tree Magnet

Postby dscglfgeo » Fri Jul 21, 2006 7:25 am

I've been throwing a Flash again lately. Every time I drive with it at a tourney someone asks, Wow that was long was that a wraith? I tell them it was a Flash. Next question is always, Seriously?
PDGA# 23933
Live life to the fullest you never know when it's going to end.
dscglfgeo
Noob

Postby sleepy » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:10 am

dscglfgeo wrote:I've been throwing a Flash again lately. Every time I drive with it at a tourney someone asks, Wow that was long was that a wraith? I tell them it was a Flash. Next question is always, Seriously?

That's cuz you're a friggin' gorilla who throws a Buzzz close to 400 feet. :twisted:

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby roadkill » Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:25 pm

A flash can go incredibly far if you give it lots of heigth and work it a long way left to right (rhbh).
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby Luckyg71 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 7:39 am

I just bought a CE TL from a guy in my league, it is blood red. Great looking disc. I havent ever seen another CE that color.
The road goes on forever and the party never ends
Luckyg71
Tree Magnet

Postby Frank Delicious » Wed Sep 13, 2006 9:50 am

Definitely a wizard. Only one other person I have played with uses them and people always stare at the big G on my Wizard and ask what putter it is.

I also carry a completely thrashed san marino roc that get looks because of how beat it is but nothing beats it for turn over shots.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Luckyg71 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:00 am

Me and my brother are the only ones around that play with the wizards. We have like 10. Someone always asks to try them out and then how much will we sell it for. I usually keep a new one in my bag for sale. I have to keep my broken in ones.
The road goes on forever and the party never ends
Luckyg71
Tree Magnet

Postby eg37167 » Wed Sep 13, 2006 10:16 am

Gateway is very low profile here in Mid TN. Most everybody throws Innova, with some Discraft for the more well-read players.

My game is still pretty weak, but I get lots of looks from a wizard or even an element-X.
eg37167
Tree Magnet

Postby Weebl » Wed Sep 13, 2006 2:53 pm

Whenever I throw my Spirit people always say "What the shit was that?" when they see it's skip and i work it to skip perpendicular to my throwing line with a huge arch crashing down no more than 20' infront of where it skipped but 50' left.
Weebl
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Timko » Wed Sep 13, 2006 5:16 pm

Probably 2 discs, both gateway. My wizard, which is an old school "flying G" stamp. I have a lot of people ask me what it is. The other is my element. There's a downhill hole that is a 351 right turn tunnel, and when I get my element released on the right line, it flips over and releases all the way to the pin. If I'm playing with someone that I haven't played with and execute the shot correctly, I almost always get the "what the hell was that?" question. In fact, in that 250-300 ft turnover range, people are amazed at what my element does. I think I'm the only one that carries one (actually, I've got 2...trying to thrash a new E) on any of the IC courses.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby jiwaburst » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:11 pm

Whenever I throw my Spirit people always say "What the shit was that?" when they see it's skip and i work it to skip perpendicular to my throwing line with a huge arch crashing down no more than 20' infront of where it skipped but 50' left.

yep.

Whenever I throw a long or weird shot that doesn't work, everybody asks me, "Why didn't you throw your green disc?" The "green disc" is an unmarked puke green Spirit which allows me to go up, over, around down and then crash back again. I'm trying to use other shots sometimes on certain holes, but people tell me I should have used "that green disc".
jiwaburst
Tree Magnet

Postby Solty » Wed Sep 13, 2006 6:51 pm

jiwaburst wrote:yep,,,, "that green disc".

My uncle carries a first run Aurora MS....its over 10 years old.....and the disc does everything for him....but its puke green...no stamp......ppl love that disc...and are amazed at what he goes with it...
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

PreviousNext

Return to Equipment