Building a basket

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby The Clergyman » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:11 pm

Glock23 wrote:I think I will end up just buying the instep, and storing it in the garage when not in use. Did you have to do anything to your instep to help it catch, or was it good out of the box?

S'good idea as any, really. A lot of places will ship multiples of this for one shipping price. Get two or three, man.

I'm going to look at some inner chain assignments. When I first got it it caught everything. Now I get a few more cut-through's and bounces out of the basket - can't imagine anything has really changed about the basket ... but there you have it.
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
~Dr.Seuss
The Clergyman
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z XL...or not

Postby Glock23 » Tue Jul 25, 2006 6:17 am

Well, you guys talked me into it. I purchased an instep last night on ebay for $56 plus shippping. The same guy has another basket ending tonight, and he will ship the second for only an additional $5, so I may try to get another one. So none of you better bid on it! :lol: I am going to hit lowes or home depot tonight to get the stuff for the extra set of chains. Thanks for all the advice!
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~ Hunter Thompson
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Live near Ohio and need a new or used car? Send me a PM!
Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beaver

Postby sleepy » Tue Jul 25, 2006 10:16 am

Congrats on your first step to becoming a better putter! :) And I think you made a good choice in purchasing a portable basket over a permie/building your own...no need to reinvent the wheel.

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Previous

Return to Equipment