Play It Again Sports

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Play It Again Sports

Postby steezo » Fri Jul 21, 2006 9:25 am

The Mecca of diamonds in the..well...wooden bins on the floor. Just found a nearly mint SB Tulsa Orc-$9.99 and a bar stamp Special Edition Teebird TL that has the factory tie dye-$9.99 8) Not to mention all the 10X discs I have because it this place.
The more I throw, the easier it gets-
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beef Curtain

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:57 am

:-( all the play it again sports here dont take trades on discs. The wright life does, but they also know what the hell theyre doing when it comes to disc.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby sleepy » Fri Jul 21, 2006 11:00 am

PAIS must be pretty different across the country. Here, it's 90% Innova X-Outs the owner buys in bulk, two shelves of high-end new plastic behind the counter, and then the completely random sometimes non-existant used stuff in the bins. :?

Still, I did find two beat to crap DX Valks that make great turnover/roller discs for $3 each.

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby The Clergyman » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:14 pm

sleepy wrote:PAIS must be pretty different across the country.

Especially if it's called "Play Again It Sports" :P
Just jerkin' yer chain. Heh.
Good times. Good times.
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
~Dr.Seuss
The Clergyman
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z XL...or not

Postby guatemalened » Fri Jul 21, 2006 12:17 pm

We used to have one in Whitehall, PA but it's gone :cry:
guatemalened
Noob

Postby Glock23 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 1:51 pm

The play it again around here is horrible for discs. The last time I went in they had all their discs, regardless of model sorted by color. :? I had taken a bunch of z and champ plastic to trade, and they will only give $2-2.50 each for the elite plastics. The only thing I have every found there was an old stingray that was perfectly broke in. Other than that, they are way overpriced and never have any used stock. I wish there was a place that carried used discs around here, I guess that is why there is the lake and ebay! :)
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~ Hunter Thompson
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Live near Ohio and need a new or used car? Send me a PM!
Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beaver

Postby Blake_T » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:29 pm

most of the play it agains here pay a flat price of $1.50 regardless of how new the disc is and what plastic it is in...

unfortunately, the majority of areas that play it agains are in that give a good amount for used discs don't care if there are names on them that do not belong the person doing the selling.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby steezo » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:50 pm

The only thing I go to PIAS for is the used bins. There is one here in the metroplex that has literally 300+ used discs. It takes a while to go through them all but its fun and usually worth it. When Gateway first came out, I was getting all their E plastic for $4 because the PIAS didn't know anything about the company yet. :oops:
The more I throw, the easier it gets-
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beef Curtain

Postby jgarcia9102 » Fri Jul 21, 2006 2:59 pm

The play it again around here dosent have a used bin, which is kinda ironic because its a used sports equipment store. They have only a handfull of used discs mixed in with that standard innova rack you see everywhere, which by the way isnt even partially filled. you would think that if we have 7 courses in the different burbs of rochester we would have at least one store to buy discs at. well we dont. we have play it again and dicks, but dicks only carries a couple innova discs. the only way to get discs is through local pros who sell out of their trunks, but usually they have good deals, so i cant really complain. its just hard to meet up with them when you wanna shop plastic, and then you need to buy something because you feel bad about them driving out....
Last edited by jgarcia9102 on Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jgarcia9102
Tree Magnet

PIA

Postby twmccoy » Fri Jul 21, 2006 4:35 pm

The play it again near my house actually has a pretty good disc selection, lots of premium discs, all new though. Their prices also kinda suck. I sold about 20 discs to them a while back for $2 each. I do sometimes see rare discs in there too. Lots of old innova stuff.
twmccoy
Plastic Fondler

Postby Jones » Fri Jul 21, 2006 5:11 pm

Our Play it Again is pretty cool. They have a pretty big disc selection with a used bin with x-outs. The Champion X-outs sell for 8.12 with tax which isn't bad. They also still have some KC Gazelles and KC Banshees, along with some other rare discs. Awhile back they were selling discontinued Innova tour bags for 10 bucks each. They ony take about 3 dollars per premium disc if you trade in though. Premium discs sell for 15.19, pro/Elite X for about 12.50, and D/DX for 8.88. Unfortunately they do not carry Gateway or Millenium unless traded in.
Jones
2009 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Re: PIA

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:22 pm

twmccoy wrote:The play it again near my house actually has a pretty good disc selection, lots of premium discs, all new though. Their prices also kinda suck. I sold about 20 discs to them a while back for $2 each. I do sometimes see rare discs in there too. Lots of old innova stuff.

Which play it again takes trades (or do they still?) Im closer to wright life than south devner so it really dosnt matter, but I never found one that took trades when I was in denver.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby victorb » Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:17 am

The play it again here in Columbia is great. They usually have 200+ new discs in stock and carry all brands (although innova is probabaly 125 of those 200). They will order anything that you need. They have a giant used bin as well, with about another 100-200 used discs in there, and you can generally find great deals on good plastic there.

Their bread and butter is disc golf sales, so they try to keep everyone happy around here.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Return to Equipment