ESP Buzz

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

ESP Buzz

Postby Bradley Walker » Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:59 am

after throwing about disc onthe planet, I ended up back on the Surge. I have three weights, and that gets me around the course, even when the wind is blowing 20 MPH.

One thing is the ESP plastic. It simply does not change over time. Even if you tune it it will eventually go back. Amazing. So, you better like the disc when you throw it new, becasue it will only "break in" a tick...or not at all. I suggest using a lighter weight to start BTW. My bomber is a 168 g. I use a max weight into the wind and for knife heysers.

Anyway.... I see the Buzz comes in ESP. Anyone try it? I think I will pick one up and try it. I hear on the board here, that people really like the Buzz. I like my Rocs but they vary a lot. My newest one is awesome in the wind (newer flattop), but it will not hold an anheyser.
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby victorb » Wed Jul 26, 2006 2:41 pm

The ESP Buzz is pretty nice, but nothing special in my book. I prefer the feel of D plastic, especially on a hot and humid summer day. I think that it is an OK disc, but not something I would prefer personally over my Wasps.
Ability is what you're capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz -

*Trespass*PD*Predator*FD*Mace*Comet*Gator*Summit*Judge*
victorb
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Rooster » Wed Jul 26, 2006 5:05 pm

there is only 1 disc better than a blue esp buzz, a midnight buzzz. ESP buzzz's are awesome great disc. gets 5 out of 5 stars!
Rooster
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Rob » Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:55 pm

Yea i love my esp buzz. Dead stright and feels so nice. Took out all my rocs and now only throwing buzz's and wasp's.
Rob
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Wizard

Postby adamschneider » Thu Jul 27, 2006 1:07 am

I have a Z Buzzz. How would the ESP compare, flight-wise?
adamschneider
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 164g Halo

Postby Bradley Walker » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:43 am

How does a Buzz compare to a Wasp?

I suppose a Buzz is like a Roc, right?
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Jul 27, 2006 10:53 am

a roc and wasp are very similar when new. a buzzz is a wasp w/ out the bead making it less stable. a broken in wasp or roc will fly straight as a buzzz but with a higher resistance to turn.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby adidadg » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:35 am

even still i have thrown a buzzz 350 with no turn...It is not as stable as a roc or Wasp, but still plenty stable. Straight out of the box the z-buzzz is the best combination of high durability and high speed stability with little fade that ive tried, and it will stay that way for a long time. My only complaint is the plastic is slippery when its cold, so im looking forward to the ESP as well.
adidadg

Postby Bradley Walker » Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:48 am

adidadg wrote:even still i have thrown a buzzz 350 with no turn...It is not as stable as a roc or Wasp, but still plenty stable. Straight out of the box the z-buzzz is the best combination of high durability and high speed stability with little fade that ive tried, and it will stay that way for a long time. My only complaint is the plastic is slippery when its cold, so im looking forward to the ESP as well.

I was throwing a lot of DX and Elite X, but the ESP Surge just refuse to change over time so I ended back on those, something that cannot be said for either of the other plastics. I even had a lot of problems with Z changing over time. The ESP just has the most incredible memory and the best feel after being dirt scratched for a couple of rounds.

I was looking for Roc that will hold the line and not fade hard at the end, but yet could be thrown into the wind like a FT Roc. Don't get me wrong, I like Rocs, but this ESP plastic is kind of kick ass.

I would also like a tick more distance than a Roc. IF I could find a another 25' with the same flight, I would drop the Cyclones from my bag. I can throw a Roc for control into the wind, but the Cyclone will not take a throw into a hard wind.

The Goblin was working as a "hold the line" disc, but it sucks in hard winds.
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Postby Thatdirtykid » Thu Jul 27, 2006 12:01 pm

adidadg wrote:even still i have thrown a buzzz 350 with no turn...It is not as stable as a roc or Wasp, but still plenty stable. Straight out of the box the z-buzzz is the best combination of high durability and high speed stability with little fade that ive tried, and it will stay that way for a long time. My only complaint is the plastic is slippery when its cold, so im looking forward to the ESP as well.

I threw buzzz's for a long time and agree they are plenty stable. I switched to wasps for versitility, a new D wasp is better than a buzzz for hyzers, a broken in D wasp is as good as a new buzzz for straight, and a beat in D wasp is as predictable on a right turn as a buzzz.
the buzzzes in Z plastic do break in eventually and then get alittle squirrly. I try to use discs that fly good broken in, and dont worry about out of the box flight as much. Because even w/ Z plastic a good month of use is enough to change the flight.

and for BW a buzzz wont hold in the wind well enough either, but it is longer than a roc. the esp plastic for me did break in a touch faster than Z, but I kind of liked that, I like broken in plastic.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Return to Equipment