Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby Thatdirtykid » Fri Aug 04, 2006 12:18 pm

oh well, I must trade too many discs its an aswome one though :-D
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby swel304 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 6:50 am

I picked up a gazelle and after four rounds of breakin its still pretty overstable for me so I guess it is a good next choice for me. I also spent some time learning to hyzer the ones that I tend to turn over (panther) which gives me a nice straight (slight s-curve) 250ft or so. Ive got 2 cyclones and a few other discs that i got a good deal on coming also, cant wait to try them out. If it wasnt for dgr.com I still wouldnt be able to break 100ft, so things are definitly coming together, slowly but surely.
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby BHW » Tue Aug 08, 2006 12:09 pm

Yeah, I've learned a lot about my game by visiting this site frequently for the past several months. I have a 3-ring binder full of almost every instructional article, that I have printed out. I've asked question, gotten straight answers, and have noticed an improvement in my game. My max throw is easing up to the low 300s...from the low 200s. I can play a round on what I consider to be a very difficuly course, and shoot a few over par....56 or 57...compared to regularly shooting 12 or more over a year ago.
BHW
Tree Magnet

Postby zealot » Tue Aug 08, 2006 3:27 pm

if you can throw 300 get dx teebirds :D

my game just CHANGED today b/c of this disc
zealot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Pro Rhyno

Postby swel304 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:23 pm

Ive had 2 teebirds, one given and one found, both well beat in but not destroyed, and i hated them so much i gave them away to a friend of mine that likes them. I can see how they may be ok new but once they start folding like a taco (which i was told they are supposed to) I dont see how you can throw one correctly, didnt work at all for me anyway. Also, the guy I gave them to who has thrown with them all summer is starting to turn them over on every shot. Is that from the warped shape or is he just outgrowing them?
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Blake_T » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:41 pm

warped shape.

i've seen guys throw teebirds 500' without turning them over.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby swel304 » Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:48 pm

warped shape as in they look bent down the middle, maybe they are just messed up but someone on the course told me all dx teebirds look like that after they are broke in.
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Postby BHW » Tue Aug 08, 2006 8:28 pm

I had an old, and I mean old, beat up Tee-Bird. I liked that thing for a long time. It was starting to turn over though....falling off to the right. I actually threw it into a pond today...because it turned too much to the right. It was a good disc, but was on it's way out of my bag. I have a brand new DX Tee-Bird that I've throw for a couple of weeks now, breaking it in. It's way too overstable as is. I have no use for the disc...not impressed at all. I have an old, broke in Champion Tee-Bird as well. I'm just not impressed with either of them at this point. I have other discs that work much better for me. I've been throwing a Champion Sidewinder, Orc, and RoadRunner, and really liking the results. This from someone who up until two weeks ago, hated Champion discs.
BHW
Tree Magnet

Postby Ultium » Sat Aug 12, 2006 12:04 pm

Well, after at least a dozen or so rounds with only the Wizard my drive has improved. I was hitting 300-325 with the Valk and now hit 325-335 with less effort and better accuracy. For me, this is a huge jump. I have been trying some of the slower disks but still cannot get the results I do with the Valk. However, I was throwing my lighter Valk much more regularly, after this change the 175g Champ Valk is working better for me.
Ultium
Noob

Postby Thatdirtykid » Sat Aug 12, 2006 9:43 pm

that would be a big jump by anyones standards. Improved consistancy without loss of d (especially w/ gain of D) is always a big step.
Z Pred-ESP Cyclone-Z Force-Z Aftershock-Z Comet-Ion-Pro Rhyno
Thatdirtykid
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: z pred

Postby Blake_T » Sat Aug 12, 2006 10:56 pm

BHW wrote:I had an old, and I mean old, beat up Tee-Bird. I liked that thing for a long time. It was starting to turn over though....falling off to the right. I actually threw it into a pond today...because it turned too much to the right. It was a good disc, but was on it's way out of my bag. I have a brand new DX Tee-Bird that I've throw for a couple of weeks now, breaking it in. It's way too overstable as is. I have no use for the disc...not impressed at all. I have an old, broke in Champion Tee-Bird as well. I'm just not impressed with either of them at this point. I have other discs that work much better for me. I've been throwing a Champion Sidewinder, Orc, and RoadRunner, and really liking the results. This from someone who up until two weeks ago, hated Champion discs.

from the sound of it, you aren't able to throw stable plastic...
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Previous

Return to Equipment