Aerobie Epic tuning

Golf Discs, Bags, Baskets, Videos, and other Disc Golf Related Equipment

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Aerobie Epic tuning

Postby Thee Old Sage » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:00 pm

I recently bought an Aerobie Epic due to the reviews I read in the reviews section. Several people claim to be able to throw a thumber 400-500ft because of the disc being able to turn one and a half times. What I am wondering is if this requires tuning the disc as per the packaging instructions.
Thee Old Sage
Noob

Postby Blake_T » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:46 pm

it's easier to do after the disc has broken in. generally people tune it downwards to make the initial flip easier and to help it turn into an s-curve after the barrel roll.
Blake_T
Super Sekret Technique Jedi

Postby deaddisc » Tue Aug 01, 2006 6:50 am

Also, you need to be able to throw hard enough to get the correct spin out of the disc. I would say that it is not for everyone, but if you have a very strong baseball throwing arm it can def go over 450+. And I second what Blake said, tuning it down makes it easier to flip over. However once the disc is broken in nicely tuning it down makes it good for a death spiral if you throw hard.
deaddisc
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Thee Old Sage » Wed Aug 02, 2006 7:08 pm

Thanks alot. I tuned my disc down and got it to turn and fly pretty consistently after throwing just a few times. The furthest I've got it to go so far is around 350', but it was pretty accurate. I think I will be able to get more distance by tweaking with the heighth I throw the disc and maybe a little more tuning.
Thee Old Sage
Noob

Postby redspexxx » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:32 am

can you "tune" a regular disc, or is it just the epic?
redspexxx
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Solty » Thu Aug 03, 2006 7:39 am

you can tune other discs. Bending down makes unstable, ending up creates more stability
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Return to Equipment