Exercise gyros for improved forearm strength

A place where people can buy, sell, and trade disc golf equipment. Trade at your own risk.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Exercise gyros for improved forearm strength

Postby roadkill » Tue Oct 10, 2006 10:55 am

Many of you have expressed interest in exercise or training techniques to use to enhance your game off the course and/or over the winter months.

I'm a believer in gyro training for both strength and coordination training for improved performance as well as for rehab for treatment of carpal tunnel and rotator cuff problems. While I could go on and extoll the benefits of these gyros I've instead decided to list some comments made by users of this board as well as users of the pdga board. These are actual exerpts of posts cut and pasted.

lmf1030 wrote:
I swear by that thing.It has help me with my wrist strength and power..

superq wrote:
no better wrist/forearm excersize than a gyro

Acidbath666 wrote
Jesus christ this thing is a sick workout. I watched the video with that ripped dude, and just did a couple of the things he showed. Like simply straightening out your arm, and MAN you could really feel it all thruout your arms.

Krusen wrote:
I also bought a powerball and started using that regularly. No more wrist pain for me.

PDGA board
twoputt wrote:
I noticed a HUGE difference in my putting an up shots. With regular use your snap on your putts will be much more, whith what seems like less effort.

atreau3 wrote:
... definitely is making a difference with putting.

The Jeff Ash wrote:

The first thing I have noticed is a rapid improvement in my disc golf game.
I shot the best round I've ever shot at our local course. My arm feels better, my putting is more consistent- and that translates into confidence.

Steve,
My Dynaflex Ultimate Gyro w/lights arrived yesterday.
Man, that light feature is cool.
I've hit 13,048 with it. It runs so smoothly, and so quiet, that it'll take me a little time to get it into the 13,500+ range with it. I'm used to that high pitched scream as it edges into the 13-14K range( but nothing like Akis makes them scream) so it's hard to gauge.
My students at school really like the lights. Molten Lava is a perfect descriptor.
You got me hooked, again.

I'm offering two different models: Dynaflex Pro Plus and Dynaflex Powerball to DGR forum users at prices well below suggested retail. Both models are available with or without speedmeters and include starter string, instructions, CD rom video and my reccommended workouts for both sport performance and injury rehab.

Prices:

Pro Plus $19.50 (retail 26.95) w/ speedmeter $29.50 (retail $40)

Powerball $ 27 (retail $40) w/ speedmeter $ 37 (retail $50)

Shipping to anywhere in the US via priority mail $4.95

Paypal is preferred and my paypal addy is roadkill_4512@yahoo.com Or PM me to make other arrangements.

All Pro Plus models are blue with a yellow rotor and black grip band. All Powerball models are orange with red led lights embedded in a yellow rotor and clear grip band.

The performance is identical with the only difference being the way cool led lights that brighten proportional to the speed of the gyro in the Powerball model. (looks like a handful of molten lava when used in dark conditions)

For pictures you can click on the ultimate gyro link in my signature and click products on my site to see photos on my eBay store.

PS. If any of you would like to buy in lots of 10 or more to resell to raise money for your local club or to offer as tournament prizes PM me and I will offer even deeper discounts.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Re: Exercise gyros for improved forearm strength

Postby roadkill » Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:31 am

Okay, I just wanted to bring this thread up again as it got buried rather quickly.

I believe regular use with these gyros can greatly enhance your disc play. Let me know if you have any questions or comments.

roadkill wrote:Many of you have expressed interest in exercise or training techniques to use to enhance your game off the course and/or over the winter months.

I'm a believer in gyro training for both strength and coordination training for improved performance as well as for rehab for treatment of carpal tunnel and rotator cuff problems. I'm offering two different models: Dynaflex Pro Plus and Dynaflex Powerball to DGR forum users at prices well below suggested retail. Both models are available with or without speedmeters and include starter string, instructions, CD rom video and my reccommended workouts for both sport performance and injury rehab.

Prices:

Pro Plus $19.50 (retail 26.95) w/ speedmeter $29.50 (retail $40)

Powerball $ 27 (retail $40) w/ speedmeter $ 37 (retail $50)

Shipping to anywhere in the US via priority mail $4.95

Paypal is preferred and my paypal addy is roadkill_4512@yahoo.com Or PM me to make other arrangements.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Postby superq » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:31 pm

Testify on the powerball.

I think more than anything it has helped me with putting.

I will be buying a stainless steel one as soon as I finally cant use the one I have ( word to the wise- buy an inexpensive gyro to let your friends that have no experience use)
superq
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: FOCUS

Postby roadkill » Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:07 pm

Inexperienced users tend to be harder on the powerball than experienced users. Any drop in performance due to sloppy technique is reversible though. But when you let many different newbs use yours it often leads to temporary roughness so tell your friends to get their own.

If you've already experienced this situation you can restore it to optimal condition by doing extended high speed runs using good technique. This allows the rotor axle to sand smooth any imperfections in the supprt ring caused by sloppy jerky movements.

The biggest caution is do not drop the gyro because hard impact makes the deepest dents in the interior ring. Still reversible but will take longer than fixing "sloppy technique damage".
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade