EBAY WARNING - Buyers Beware - from PDGA Board

A place where people can buy, sell, and trade disc golf equipment. Trade at your own risk.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

EBAY WARNING - Buyers Beware - from PDGA Board

Postby Solty » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:33 am

DO NOT buy any discs from this seller

thechewiestbear

He is fishing discs out of McKinney Park in TX that not only have the players name, phone # and PDGA # on them, but is even someone he (used to) golfs with. Additionally the guy that lost this disc decided to put up an super high bid of $250 for a USED Teebird and then this seller raised up the bid using another account.

He has already done this to few other golfers in the McKinney area also. Buyer Beware and golfers beware

DON'T BUY FROM THIS GUY ON EBAY
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Glock23 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 10:41 am

I saw that T-bird auction when it was still going, and couldn't figure out why it was going for so much. Thanks for the heads up.
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~ Hunter Thompson
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Live near Ohio and need a new or used car? Send me a PM!
Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beaver

Postby swel304 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:51 am

then this seller raised up the bid using another account

isnt that called shill bidding or something? that alone should be cause for ebay to remove his auctions and band his account.
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Re: EBAY WARNING - Buyers Beware - from PDGA Board

Postby Bradley Walker » Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:59 am

mikesolt wrote:He is fishing discs out of McKinney Park in TX that not only have the players name, phone # and PDGA # on them, but is even someone he (used to) golfs with.

Where on McKinney Park? There are no lakes in McKinney, just a shallow creek.

Half of the people on Ebay selling used discs are fishing them out of lakes and creeks. Where the hell else would they get all the plastic? I have yet to have a disc returned to me in the last year. I lost two this weekend, and I know where they are!!!!

Should we boycott all of the disc fisherman? No one seems to mind if the discs are not "prized" super collectible plastic.

I bought a Starfire from the guy a couple weeks ago.
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby swel304 » Mon Feb 05, 2007 12:06 pm

but is even someone he (used to) golfs with.

I guess its just up to the buyer if it bothers you or not. I would definitly be a little po'ed if I saw one of my friends accounts selling my favorite disc. he might as well post pics of himself banging your old lady.

anyway if the bidding on his own items with another account it true and proveable they can get him removed from ebay real quick.
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby Texas Made » Mon Feb 05, 2007 1:00 pm

This goes alot deeper than that.....

The Dude(s) in McKinney come down to Waco and fishes just about all our lost plastic out of the water Hazards here in Waco, Cameron East & West.
I had an issue with this last year, when one of my favourite discs that I lost was on ebay. I messaged him that It was my disc (with my name and number) and he proudly messaged back, "Good luck Bidding" It's bullshit.
Whos gonna stop him though, its a free country......

The only hope we have here is to find them before he does.

WTF.
"I dont know if I can sink this putt, theres a Bush in the way- Kind of like the US goverment"...

Texas Made
Tree Magnet

Postby Bradley Walker » Mon Feb 05, 2007 2:20 pm

Texas Made wrote:This goes alot deeper than that.....

The Dude(s) in McKinney come down to Waco and fishes just about all our lost plastic out of the water Hazards here in Waco, Cameron East & West.
I

I see...

I sure wish I could find the Porter guy.
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby the invisible tree » Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:57 pm

Does this guy mail discs with his home address as the return? :idea:
the invisible tree
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: eagle

Postby Solty » Mon Feb 05, 2007 7:00 pm

the invisible tree wrote:Does this guy mail discs with his home address as the return? :idea:

muahahhaha!!
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby kyflash » Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:25 am

I have bought from him. It was a Rhyno, good seller w/ a good rating, in fact he did not have many used discs at that time.
kyflash
Noob

Postby Donkeypuncher » Fri Feb 16, 2007 11:59 am

I actually bought my champion starfire from him around thanksgiving. It was brand new and a pretty good price, but it took over a month for the guy to send the disc.

I live a few blocks from porter, and I will go in the water occasionally when me or my friends throw a disc in there. Sometimes I find it, sometimes I find 5 or 6. I will call if there is a phone #, but if not then it's fair game. People obviously dont care much about thier disc if they dont want to go in the water after them. When I'm in thier looking for mine, I actually spend most of the time helping people get thiers out because I'm nice. I do trade some of them, but I refuse to sell them and make profit off of someones misfortune.
Donkeypuncher
1000 Rated Poster

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade