Old DX Valks

A place where people can buy, sell, and trade disc golf equipment. Trade at your own risk.

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Old DX Valks

Postby Fritz » Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:28 pm

I am looking for Old DX Plastic Valks, the nice chalky ones not that new crap dx Innova is putting out these days.
PM Me if ya have em, here is my trade list.

http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/vi ... 5709#25709
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby swel304 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:08 am

when I first joined the board everyone was raving about how great the "new dx" was, now everyone says its crap. Is it really that bad?
Wizard-Buzz-PolarisLS-Valkyrie-Wraith-BlizzKatana

http://www.XTREMEairbrush.com
swel304
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: X Buzzz

Postby Fritz » Sun Apr 08, 2007 7:48 am

swel304 wrote:when I first joined the board everyone was raving about how great the "new dx" was, now everyone says its crap. Is it really that bad?

Yes :)
I don't like the feel. IMO it feels like a screwed up batch of pro plastic that accidentally had some dx monomer poured into the mixture.
It doesn't beat up like the old good dx plastic. It almost feels like a dragon. :(
FRITZ
Team Millennium
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby Bradley Walker » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:36 am

Why not get yourself an X Wildcat and be done with it...

Sad as it may be, I think Discraft has it all over Innova on plastic blends when it comes to durability.

The original Goblin plastic was awesome, although I have no idea how it would have broken in.

For old style DX Valks look at Sport Authority and Academy Sports.
Last edited by Bradley Walker on Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby The Clergyman » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:45 am

I have two that I think are what you're looking for. I wouldn't know the difference between the old and the new except that you say the old plastic is chalky. The two I have would definately be described that wat. One is likely a 10/10 and the other a high 9/10. I got them but preferred champ right away.
PM me and I'll see what I can do. Not sure that there were things on your trade list I'm looking for, but I'll check again.

cheers.
Today was good. Today was fun. Tomorrow is another one.
~Dr.Seuss
The Clergyman
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z XL...or not

Postby Terrence » Sun Apr 08, 2007 8:54 am

I bought a stack of like 14 DX Valks from a fellow DGR member a while back. I've got two old plastic DX Valks labled "Ultra Long Range Driver", 173 and 175g. They're in great shape for used discs, somewhere between a 7 and an 8 on Sleepy's scale. Would you consider trading your ESP crush for both Valks?

http://indago.613-digital.com/valks1.jpg
http://indago.613-digital.com/valks2.jpg
DX Teebird - Star Teebird - Pro Wraith - 4X JK Pro Valkyrie - 150g ESP Flick - DGA Tsunami
1st Run Star Cro - 5 bar stamp DX Rocs - 2004 Champ Roc
3 DX Aviars - KC Pro Aviar
Terrence
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DX Roc

Postby Fritz » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:26 am

Bradley Walker wrote:Why not get yourself an X Wildcat and be done with it...

Sad as it may be, I think Discraft has it all over Innova on plastic blends when it comes to durability.

The original Goblin plastic was awesome, although I have no idea how it would have broken in.

For old style DX Valks look at Sport Authority and Academy Sports.

I don't want durability I want them to beat up so I can make them turn over discs. The new DX plastic takes FOREVER to beat up. this is good for new players, but for use seasoned players, we want that nice beatable plastic :)
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby Fritz » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:29 am

Terrence wrote:I bought a stack of like 14 DX Valks from a fellow DGR member a while back. I've got two old plastic DX Valks labled "Ultra Long Range Driver", 173 and 175g. They're in great shape for used discs, somewhere between a 7 and an 8 on Sleepy's scale. Would you consider trading your ESP crush for both Valks?

http://indago.613-digital.com/valks1.jpg
http://indago.613-digital.com/valks2.jpg

Those are what I'm looking for. Especially that yellow one. I'll think about it, I prefer my drivers to be around 167 - 170g.

The Clergyman wrote:I have two that I think are what you're looking for. I wouldn't know the difference between the old and the new except that you say the old plastic is chalky. The two I have would definately be described that wat. One is likely a 10/10 and the other a high 9/10. I got them but preferred champ right away.
PM me and I'll see what I can do. Not sure that there were things on your trade list I'm looking for, but I'll check again.

cheers.

What weights are yours?
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby The Clergyman » Sun Apr 08, 2007 12:57 pm

There are no weight indications on either of mine. I can get them weighed (I suppose I should regardless) but only on Tuesday when the post office reopens from the holiday weekend.
It's up to you if you want to wait or whatever. I'll get them weighed either way because I'll want to move them on eventually.
~Dr.Seuss
The Clergyman
Tree Magnet

Postby Fritz » Sun Apr 08, 2007 1:07 pm

The Clergyman wrote:There are no weight indications on either of mine. I can get them weighed (I suppose I should regardless) but only on Tuesday when the post office reopens from the holiday weekend.
It's up to you if you want to wait or whatever. I'll get them weighed either way because I'll want to move them on eventually.

Sounds good, I can wait.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby jorr16 » Sun Apr 08, 2007 9:22 pm

I have a couple older ones that are a little beat up. Haven't thrown them in a while but I think they are a little more understable then usual. Both weight about 173-175 I think. Interested?
J
When walking up to tee
Strive to be bogey free

Discs for Trade/Sale
http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/vi ... php?t=3395
jorr16
Tree Magnet

Postby Fritz » Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:15 pm

jorr16 wrote:I have a couple older ones that are a little beat up. Haven't thrown them in a while but I think they are a little more understable then usual. Both weight about 173-175 I think. Interested?
J

I prefer my drivers to be around 167 - 170g. Thanks for the offer tho.
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Postby The Clergyman » Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:45 pm

OK. Got em weighed at the post office today and I'm pretty sure it's not what you want. They weigh 173 and 174 respectively. :cry:
~Dr.Seuss
The Clergyman
Tree Magnet

Postby Fritz » Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:22 pm

The Clergyman wrote:OK. Got em weighed at the post office today and I'm pretty sure it's not what you want. They weigh 173 and 174 respectively. :cry:

Damn! lol, seems to be all there are these days.
Oh well...
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Return to Buy/Sell/Trade