Anyone on P90X

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Anyone on P90X

Postby AciDBatH666 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:00 am

I ordered it today. I was half assing an old workout dvd I had for a while.. And eventually just stopped all together.
I know of 2 ppl who dropped a LOT of weight from it that I used to work with. A good friend of mine just got it. And he kinda convinced me to jump on the bandwagon. So I went ahead and got it. Just hope I can get in the routine of fitting in an hour a day for it. The eating is my main thing too. From what my buddy says, the nutritional guide is pretty good.
I need some guidance in the food department. I know what's bad for me, DUH, i just need to know if I need more of this XXXXX type of food as opposed to YYYYY.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Re: Anyone on P90X

Postby Leopard » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:13 am

m'lady's a trainer and she says P90X is the shit. that's the best DVD system, and Crossfit is the best membership system.
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby steezo » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:14 pm

check out http://abcbodybuilding.com Tons of information that you will need to dig through- just like DGR. 8) I think you have to register to check out the forums and post 1 time but it is worth it.
Last edited by steezo on Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The more I throw, the easier it gets-
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beef Curtain

Postby AciDBatH666 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:20 pm

Yeah I actually signed up at abcbodybuilding a while back when I got into it at first.
They got some sweet workouts for specific things. I printed out their stuff on how to get sick Popeye forearms.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jsw » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:21 pm

My sister has them, I'm going to start it next week - So I'll let you know how it goes. I've read a lot of reviews and I've heard nothing but positives. I think it is more designed for people who want to be really tone & fit - as appose to muscle-bound and huge. Which makes it great for both men and women.

All the 'average joe' results I've seen were very impressive though.

What an above poster said was correct about CrossFit. If you have the money its really the best 'membership' program to get into. Very intense. But it is very pricey.
Jsw
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: DGR's Night-Owl

Postby AciDBatH666 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:33 pm

Well, being the document whore I am, I'll have pictures and numbers to show my progress.
Wont be hard since I'm constantly using my cell phone camera to document everything from dye/vinyl work, to my weight loss. I'm topping 200 lbs now (5'9"), and wanted to get back to a comfortable 170ish.
So hopefully I can stick with it. I don't mind doing it, it's just working it into my schedule daily is the big thing.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby black udder » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:28 pm

The only thing that could be bad that I've heard is that people with health issues need to be careful. It's pretty demanding (apparently). From what I've seen, it looks great though. I'm a tad scared to try it (although you can stop). I think you benefit from a heart rate monitor, too.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby arowan21 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 5:36 pm

i just started p90x and its great. Its fun and still a workout, I was to sore to finish the ab ripper x and had to do it after work. I did the first dvd and was tired and breathing heavy. I am about 240 lbs and hoping to drop some of the weight. tonight is workout number 2 for me.
"If you have a choice to use any company, if you have a choice to use Innova, discraft, and gateway in your bag, without a doubt you have a competitive advantage over the other players who aren't doing that. Without a doubt." - David McCormack
arowan21
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DGA Squall

Postby steezo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:59 am

You want to have the ideal mechanics to get the most out of a disc golf throw and the same applies to excercise. Nutrition and the understanding that surrounds the way the body processes fuel is the difference between someone throwing 350-385ft and someone throwing 450+. Also, a great way to build muscle is not to go heavier in weight but to do the same weight longer and slower.
The more I throw, the easier it gets-
steezo
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beef Curtain

Postby AciDBatH666 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:30 am

Yeah, I'm trying to get more well rounded with my workouts and getting back into shape.
I'm actually researching colon cleansing products because I've read that's a good place to start. Cleaning the 3 decades of toxins from fast food and other crap can help you get more nutrients from your food, give you more energy, and just make you feel better all around.
I'm anxious to get started
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jerrod » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:47 am

Colon Cleansing is bunk from most things I have read.

http://www.latimes.com/features/health/ ... 078.column
Coyote Point Local
Jerrod
Tree Magnet

Postby AciDBatH666 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 11:55 am

Yeah, that's why I've been reading around as much as I can. I've gotten overly positive reviews. But some of the sites that review different kinds seem to be an offshoot of the brand(s) own website. So basically advertising.
So i'm just trying to find unbiased reviews of products.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Postby black udder » Thu Feb 19, 2009 12:43 pm

I only did a little research, but the Acai berry seemed to be the least invasive and most natural product. Claims to boost energy and help clean the colon - I suspect keep you regular is more appropriate.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby Solbo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:10 pm

meh... make your own workout.. tv shit is OVERRATED.

i dropped 60 pounds in 5 months last year doing my OWN thing.. 255 to 192 6' tall.. bigger build.

own program. own time.

weights in combo with cardio.. simple really... really simple...
Solbo's Hodgepodge (trade list)

Hey that's ME! @ 51 Seconds...

**Nuke | Wraith | Orc | Force | River | Firebird | Q-Sent | Roc | Meteor | Stingray | Magnet**
Solbo
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Stamped Roc

Postby dgdave » Thu Feb 19, 2009 3:22 pm

I'm also on the weight loss deal.Woohoo!!!!!!
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Next

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.