Anyone on P90X

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Anyone on P90X

Postby spitfire » Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:18 am

I actually just started this yesterday. i don't have all of the DVD's yet so I started with Kenpo. Wow, did it kick my ass. Is has been said before that this system is more for people who are kinda in shape already and now I see why. I don't think I am all that out of shape but not where I want to be either. I will keep my status updated with this and see how things go.
spitfire
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: pro wraith

Postby garublador » Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:04 am

How long is each workout for the P90X?

I've been doing dummbell circuits for the past 6 months because I'm only able to commit about a half hour a day to working out right now and that seems like the best option, especally since I'm not really looking to bulk up.

I used to dislike the cardio days until I started doing the circuits. Now the cardio days are the easy ones.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby BLURR » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:35 pm

Most of the P90X workouts run about 45 minutes to an hour. And even if you are in shape...these dvd's will still test you.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby spitfire » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:36 am

Just giving an update.

This week started my 4th week on P90X. This week is a rest week so mostly cardio, stretch, yoga this week.

The first 2 weeks I was so sore I had a hard time doing simple things. The 3rd week I felt great, still a little sore but better. While physical looks might not have changed a whole lot, my strength and stamina sure has. I will post before/after pics at the end of this week.

I can say this, so far it has been working great and I plan to continue it for the full 90 days. I actually look forward to working out now. I just need to get my diet more in check and I will be good to go.
spitfire
Fairway Surgeon

Postby what'shisname » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:18 pm

I just started on my 4th week as well. I've had pretty much the same experience as you, sore as hell at first but feeling pretty great now without much soreness at all. I expect I might get sore again when I get back into the new strength training workouts next week.

I've been following the recommended diet plan fairly close since my wife's doing it as well and does all of our food shopping and most of the cooking. It really hasn't been that hard and like you, I look forward to the workouts now as well. Well, I look forward to the feeling after the workout really, especially the yogax, I feel like a million dollars after that one.

I'm definitely planning on the full 90 days and might even go another round of it starting in Jan. Definitely seeing results in the way my clothes are fitting and the scale's telling me I've dropped 10 pounds as of this morning. Started at 186 and I'm aiming to get to 165 by the end.

Bring it.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby spitfire » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:44 pm

good to see another person playing along with Tony.

Bring It man!
spitfire
Fairway Surgeon

Postby mzuleger » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:05 am

I did the p90x for 30 days about a 1.5 years ago. It was a good workout but the diet is where you really make ground. I had been lifting for a couple years so I was in good shape going into it, but it pushes you pretty hard... I actually puked after my first workout i had pushed myself so hard.

I think I might try it again... the diet is just so hard for me during football season.
mzuleger
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: I have issues.

Postby readysetstab » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:27 pm

i restarted this last weekend and i think i'm actually going to stick with it this time. i can't complete every rep along with the video, but i'm sure i will with time. i'm working on the lean calendar. i thought it might be better for disc golf.

as a word of advise... if there are some things you can't do (i can't do several of the harder ones more than a couple times), you can insert some random workout of your own to keep your heart rate up. i try to insert something that works out disc golfin' muscles. its better than just sitting there and waiting for them to finish their reps or fast forwarding, anyway.

i've been planning for a couple months to start this up again once the disc golf tournament season was over and i actually stuck to the plan... the day after my last tournament of the year. I'm happy to say i'm going to get in shape for the first time in probably 10 years. can't stop now!
readysetstab
Fairway Surgeon

Postby what'shisname » Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:25 am

Down to the last week here. My wife just finished her 90 days and saw some pretty nice results. I'll have to wait until the end of the week to take the after pictures, but weight wise it looks like I'll have dropped about 18 lbs. 5% or so of body fat and gained a lot of strength. I'm definitely in the best shape I've been in in over 10 years.

I'm going to take a bit of time off, probably do 3 or 4 workouts a week for a few weeks and then I'm going to hit this hard again and do my second round of P90X.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Postby what'shisname » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:49 pm

This thread should probably be moved over to the new forum now.

Anyway. Finished up round one of this last week. I lost 18 lbs over the course of the thing but gained a bunch of muscle as well. I'm very happy with the results and in the best shape I've been in since probably high school.

I'll be doing another round starting next week.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Postby sunspot » Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:57 pm

I watch the commercials.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.