Anyone on P90X

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Anyone on P90X

Postby Solbo » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:23 pm

I got a great work out plan from a former marine that is sick!

ill list it with enough interest.

its what i am on, and it is working. let me know.. 4 days a week, all muscle groups. AND still keeps you flexible...

only the weight lifting portion however, you would still need to build in you own cardio... I do a mile of running on the treadmill before weights and such...
Solbo's Hodgepodge (trade list)

Hey that's ME! @ 51 Seconds...

**Nuke | Wraith | Orc | Force | River | Firebird | Q-Sent | Roc | Meteor | Stingray | Magnet**
Solbo
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ching Stamped Roc

Postby black udder » Thu Feb 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Solbo wrote:I do a mile of running on the treadmill before weights and such...

I remember those days....I don't run now because I'm afraid I'll break the treadmill or break me if I run on the ground.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby dgdave » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:22 pm

Does the whole colon clensing thin make you shit tar?
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Postby zj1002 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:47 pm

black udder wrote:
Solbo wrote:I do a mile of running on the treadmill before weights and such...

I remember those days....I don't run now because I'm afraid I'll break the treadmill or break me if I run on the ground.

amen. i am not a big guy at 6'2 but almost every treadmill i have used, i feel like i will break it. i will stick to running on the ground
Omega - QMS - MD2 - QJLS - OLF/S - DD - Scorpius
Tell me and I'll forget; Show me and I may remember; Involve me and I'll understand
zj1002
metroid cannon

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby readysetstab » Sat Feb 21, 2009 9:43 am

i just started p90x. i can't do the demanding schedule that they would like you to do, though. after the first workout, i woke up the next morning and could barely move. i'm still sore (this was 3 days ago, i think). that shits not gonna work for my tournament schedule. i'm going to stick to it, but i will make my own schedule accordingly. maybe i'll get used to it by the time i get heavily into tournaments. i hope so.
readysetstab
Fairway Surgeon

Postby arowan21 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:48 am

a) colon cleansing is a load of bullshit
b) i stopped p90x for a few days so I could get my rest day on fridays. You might want to get it setup for rest days on saturday or sunday. (Day 6 is Kenpo or yoga. Yoga would be a great warm up for a tourney. Kenpo after a day on the links. day 7 is stretching or rest. days 1 3 and 5 are your only strength training days.
"If you have a choice to use any company, if you have a choice to use Innova, discraft, and gateway in your bag, without a doubt you have a competitive advantage over the other players who aren't doing that. Without a doubt." - David McCormack
arowan21
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: DGA Squall

Postby AciDBatH666 » Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:55 am

readysetstab wrote:i just started p90x. i can't do the demanding schedule that they would like you to do, though. after the first workout, i woke up the next morning and could barely move. i'm still sore (this was 3 days ago, i think). that shits not gonna work for my tournament schedule. i'm going to stick to it, but i will make my own schedule accordingly. maybe i'll get used to it by the time i get heavily into tournaments. i hope so.

Yeah i hear ya. LAst time I was on a workout schedule, I started to break it cuz I was playing a tourney every 2 weeks and traveling a bit for some. So I feel ya on that one
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby dgdave » Sun May 31, 2009 4:14 pm

So is anyone still doing this? I was on a health kick, but that ended fast. I got a mambership to the YMCA and got back on the diet stuff about a month ago. I've already dropped 4 inches on my waist and about 20 lbs. I work out 5-6 days a week, but I need more cardio. Cardio sucks for us biggins.

Anywho, I just saw the P90X infomercial this morning and it reminded me of this thread and wanted to see if how it was going with it. I'm really dedicated this time around. I would like to do something like this instead of a treadmill.

How bout the colon cleansing? Any more info?

I'll tell you one thing, both me and the wifey have been doing this together and the bedroom has gotten a lot more interesting :)
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Postby jeremy » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:52 am

dgdave wrote:How bout the colon cleansing? Any more info?

I'll tell you one thing, both me and the wifey have been doing this together and the bedroom has gotten a lot more interesting :)

Not doing any colon clensing. I was working out 3 days a week, but with the NBA Playoffs kinda slacked on it. My office has a really nice gym and I was going in about 1.5hr early and running 1 mile, working out for 45min and finishing it off by running another mile. I had never run on a treadmill before, but when I do it wants to hesitate when my foot hits the belt and wants to kick me off. I'm 6'0" 200lbs and carry my weight pretty well. I don't know what the deal is.
jeremy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: 178gr Comet

Postby BLURR » Mon Jun 01, 2009 6:01 am

When treadmills start slipping like that, it usually means it is time for a tune up. The gym I used to belong to always said to let them know when the treadmills were doing that. They had a lady face plant on one and then get shot off the back of it because the belt was slipping.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby black udder » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:57 am

dgdave wrote:How bout the colon cleansing? Any more info?

This is a tad frightening... not sure I want "colon cleansing" and "bedroom excitement" in the same thought process.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Postby BLURR » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:01 am

Brown Showers.... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby BLURR » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:02 am

I have a set of the P90X dvd's. My wife has been trying it out off and on, but hasn't really stuck with it. I might fire it up tonight after work and try it for a couple of weeks.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby black udder » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:14 am

P90x seems to be for people already in reasonable condition that are looking to get into "beach" shape. Not for those who are in poor condition looking to get into better shape.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Postby dgdave » Mon Jun 01, 2009 1:18 pm

Anyone have a copy I can borrow to make a copy of?
-dgdave
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.