The Laid-Off Club

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

The Laid-Off Club

Postby Bugbee » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:23 am

I just got laid-off 20 minutes ago. Who else has gotten the axe since the economy went in the shitter?
Bugbee
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 174g Z Predator

Re: The Laid-Off Club

Postby curt » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:53 am

Can the "just finishing grad school and can't find a job" join the club?
curt
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Rawww!

Postby rusch_bag » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:54 am

I am not in the club but my dad is. The day after he got laid off my step-mom got her hours cut at work so we are struggling right now.
rusch_bag
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby black udder » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:03 am

feel for ya. I'm one of the "lucky" ones who gets more work and less pay (actually cut pay by 5% permanently and 10% for April). They'll determine quarterly if they'll match any 401k contributions. Closed the pension plan.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby AciDBatH666 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:09 am

I got laid off a month ago. It was at a good time because it was right when our yearly bonuses came around. So that's helped a ton.
I have another drafting job with another company, but I had to get a physical for it. Went in, all was well till they found an inguinal Hernia. And I had to get it fixed if I wanted the job. Good news is my previous job is required to cover me under their insurance for 30 days after they laid me off. So I had to get surgery last week to get it knocked out.
So I'm recovering for 2 weeks, then it's back to work at the new job. Go me
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby Jsw » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:11 am

Does it count if you quit your job to move to a warmer climate that is closer to the beach - and can't find a job now? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Plenty of time for disc golf but, not fun having funds dwindling.
Jsw
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: DGR's Night-Owl

Postby JKP » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:25 am

2 weeks ago, but ive got a job paying cash now!
Omega ss-Kc Aviar-Comet-Roc-Vision-Pd-Firebird-Katana
JKP
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: vision

Postby Working Stiff » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:16 pm

It's only a matter of time for me. My division was shut down in January and all my employees got laid off. They tried to restructure and open us back up, but the cost-saving measures are making work a technical nightmare. Nothing works right, production is down, quality is down...just a matter of time before I get to pass out pink slips again. Once they give up on the site for good, I'm a goner. At that point I'm screwed. I'm old, and 90% my work experience is in a profession where youthful energy is valued over experience. I'll be asking you if you want fries with that soon.

I'm actually just now getting ready for work becasue our hours have been cut back. I might as well collect unemployment becasue I can't make my house payment on the income I'm making as it is.
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Postby Frank Delicious » Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:27 pm

Jsw wrote:Does it count if you quit your job to move to a warmer climate that is closer to the beach - and can't find a job now? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

The hospital down there is hiring all types of jobs. I know b/c I just applied down there for an IT job. You should check them out.

also anyone looking for jobs should check out www.indeed.com. It pulls from a whole slew of job sites and makes looking way easier.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby taylor714 » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:01 pm

I'm right here with ya.
taylor714
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Eraser Wizard

Postby black udder » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:03 pm

Working Stiff wrote:It's only a matter of time for me. My division was shut down in January and all my employees got laid off. They tried to restructure and open us back up, but the cost-saving measures are making work a technical nightmare. Nothing works right, production is down, quality is down...just a matter of time before I get to pass out pink slips again. Once they give up on the site for good, I'm a goner. At that point I'm screwed. I'm old, and 90% my work experience is in a profession where youthful energy is valued over experience. I'll be asking you if you want fries with that soon.

I'm actually just now getting ready for work becasue our hours have been cut back. I might as well collect unemployment becasue I can't make my house payment on the income I'm making as it is.

I feel for you. Head on over to the Mr. Hurd thread and rant away.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby maks » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:27 pm

Jsw wrote:Does it count if you quit your job to move to a warmer climate that is closer to the beach - and can't find a job now? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

hahahah i did that and was out of work for like 3 months here in corpus. but at least i got to play discgolf alot.
maks
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Super-Roc

Postby Leopard » Thu Mar 26, 2009 2:51 pm

in the middle of the economic disaster, my boss called me stupid to my face. i made that my last day, hard times or not :)
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby maks » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:01 pm

Ted Damson wrote:in the middle of the economic disaster, my boss called me stupid to my face. i made that my last day, hard times or not :)

thats biggidy bogus man. i woulda been pissed.... cant you do something about that? like calling HR?
maks
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Super-Roc

Postby JR » Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:12 pm

black udder wrote:
Working Stiff wrote:It's only a matter of time for me. My division was shut down in January and all my employees got laid off. They tried to restructure and open us back up, but the cost-saving measures are making work a technical nightmare. Nothing works right, production is down, quality is down...just a matter of time before I get to pass out pink slips again. Once they give up on the site for good, I'm a goner. At that point I'm screwed. I'm old, and 90% my work experience is in a profession where youthful energy is valued over experience. I'll be asking you if you want fries with that soon.

I feel for you. Head on over to the Mr. Hurd thread and rant away.

And get told it's your fault :-( Damn so sad to hear about your problems guys.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Next

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.