The Laid-Off Club

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: The Laid-Off Club

Postby Mmyersdisc » Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:23 pm

keltik wrote:gonna revive this slightly and see if anyone of us has left the government cheese line and got themselves a jobby job.

theres talk of me getting laid off....im a construction bidder/estimator and I don't know if I am going to be hired back or not...granted i don't get paid well right now cause im considered an "intern" but who knows.... I have a Degree in Computer Info Tech (CISCO networking) but can't find a Tech job around here...with no certifications its tough to find anything... :(
Mmyersdisc
Noob

Favorite Disc: My Aviar!!

Postby maks » Thu Nov 19, 2009 4:28 pm

Finding a job sucks especially when your main skills are partyin and playing disc golf :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :(

any body else in this catagory? :wink:
maks
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Super-Roc

Postby Working Stiff » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:34 am

I had to jump ship. The company I was working for kept laying people off, then bring them back, then laying them off... :roll: I had my hours cut back a few times, had to change sites, etc. I decided I couldn't risk it anymore and took a menial, low paying job at a University with more job security. I mean, the University isn't going out of business. Other than the University, the job market around here is bleak. At my old job we would post for entry-level workers at $8/hr and get 100+ applications because there were so few places hiring. So I never actually got laid off, but I've managed to end up in a menial, low-paying, dead-end job just for the security of HAVING a job. Got a family to feed and a mortgage to pay off, so the possibility of getting laid off was keeping me up at night.

Besides, with all the crap-ass increases in our medical coverage at my old job I'm bringing home about as much now despite the pay cut in saving from the better medical plan at my new job. So it looks bad on the tax form, but the bank account is about the same. Now if I could just do something about the "dead end" part... :?
Furthur wrote:Either get a lighter one, throw harder, or find a disc with more glide.
Working Stiff
Super Moderator of DGCR

Favorite Disc: Ontario Roc

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.