Cigars - Who's Smoking What?

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Cigars - Who's Smoking What?

Postby Fritz » Sat Jan 14, 2012 2:47 pm

badfinger wrote:Very nice! That Hoyo is excellent! I have a buddy down at my local herf bar that collects commie sticks and gifted me one last year. Fantastic smoke. If only I had his Aristocrat.....

Those 3 Cuban's are my favorites, Punch, Hoyo and Romeo y Julieta.
I used to have 17 of them in my box, but I'm down to my last 3 :(
FRITZ
Team Millennium
Play Smart. Keep it Simple. Throw MILLENNIUM.
#26702 ♦ CE Omega ♦ Omega SS ♦ QMS ♦ Q Sentinel ♦ CE JLS ♦ Q Polaris ♦ Q Astra ♦ QOLS ♦ QOLF ♦ Q Quasar ♦ CE Exp-1
Fritz
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: QMS

Postby badfinger » Sat Jan 14, 2012 3:01 pm

Puro Express dot com.

I'm not saying......I'm just sayin'. ;)
badfinger
Noob

Favorite Disc: CE Eagle

Postby badfinger » Thu Feb 02, 2012 6:11 am

Just to let you guys know (and to drum up some more traffic!), I recently started a review and news site for cigars. Thought I'd drop a link in here (if that is ok) so you guys to take a look.

Http://dailytobacconist.com

Let me know what ya think!

Clancy
badfinger
Noob

Favorite Disc: CE Eagle

Postby bergdawg » Mon Apr 30, 2012 7:50 pm

I only smoke the outside of cigars. :|
bergdawg
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: 10M Brick

Postby NoLifeLeft » Thu Jan 24, 2013 8:40 pm

I've found myself getting actively into cigars recently. I just finished setting up my new humidor. It's probably a good thing it is so cold out since I need to leave my new stuff alone so it can acclimate for a while. My mail ordered cigars showed up dry as hell.
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby uNicedmeMan » Wed Nov 26, 2014 9:09 am

I bought a small humidor from CI along with 20 sticks (Blue Chip Combo #12) for my upcoming nuptials (along with some Whistle Pig but that's a different story). I've been sampling the cigars to ensure they are fit for my lads and I think I'm getting into cigars...

Backstory: I smoked cigarettes when i was younger and never had the patience to get into stogies. Anytime I tried to smoke a cigar, I got bored after about 10 minutes, put it out, smoked a cigarette, and went about my day. I've since quit the cigarettes and matured a bit, I can now enjoy the complex flavors of the cigar and I embrace the time commitment. It's funny how life speeds up when you get older and you look forward to reason to slow down.

Anyhoo, I got the following cigars with my sampler:

5 - Cohiba Red Dot Robusto (5" x 49)
5 - Gurkha Centurian (6" x 60)
5 - Ave Maria Knights Templar (6" x 48)
5 - Macanudo Cafe Hyde Park (5.5" x 49)

All of the sticks arrived in good shape with the exception of the Gurkhas, I've had issues with the wrapper coming undone on 3 of them, maybe part of it is the double perfecto shape?

As far as the smoke goes, the Macanudo is probably my least favorite (although still tasty) and either the Cohiba or Ave Maria being my favorite. Maybe I prefer smokes more on the medium to full side of things? I don't want to completely give up on the mild cigars as I really liked a Camacho Connecticut I had a few months ago and connecticut wrappers are visually appealing to me. I really like the shape of the Knights Templar and will have to seek out more Churchills going forward. The Gurkhas taste good and produce a high volume of smoke but the wrapper coming undone is a deal breaker, I will probably shy away from double perfectos going forward.

To me it seems that the samplers at CI are ridiculously good deal, is there some sort of downside that I'm not seeing? I guess it would be nice to get an actual box full of cigars instead of a package. Maybe I'll buy a box or two once I decide on some cigars I really like but until then, I like smoking something different every time. I'm thinking this will be my next purchase: The Chosen One IV, how do B&M cigar stores stay in business?

Lastly, I'm thinking about putting together a coolerador using heartfelt beads as it seems like an inexpensive and reliable way to store cigars. Anyone on here using a coolerador?
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.