Pistols

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Postby PRES 10 » Mon Jan 01, 2007 3:08 pm

I got a P89 9mm w/ 2 15 rd clips. I'm trying to find a mount for it so I can put my red dot on it. I also have a h&r .22LR 9 shot revolver. Both of them are very picky about ammo. shot a doe last year with the p89, she was running broadside at about 25 yards and I emptied the clip on here, spined her on the last shot.

Got alot of long guns too, .243, 12g, lots of .22lr's, pump .410, .50 cal muzz. Plan on buying a savage bolt .17hmr bull barrel synthetic stock next week. And before next november either a ruger single action .44mag or .45lc, or possibly a contender in either cal.
Ion|Vector|Leopard|Firebird|Valkyrie|Katana
Soon the MVP Axis!
PRES 10
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: ION

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Jan 08, 2007 3:56 pm

Glock23 wrote:Latest acquisition:
Kimber 1911 .45acp Custom Shop
Had a chance to take it to the range yesterday. 2 1/2 inch group @ 25 yards. :twisted:

I almost bought that model. I have the regular Kimber .45 1911. And I also have the Kimber 10mm which I absolutely love.

I don't know if I told y'all but I got a Sig Sauer Equinox which I believe is patterned after that Kimber in the picture. I really like that model.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby NoLifeLeft » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:18 pm

I love firearms as well. My current 'next acquisition' is going to be a HK .45 USP Tactical. The single action on the Tactical is fantastic. :D
NoLifeLeft
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: a whole bag of 'em

Postby Solty » Tue Feb 06, 2007 9:48 pm

if anyone is interested in a S&W 9mm VE...with 2 10rd clips and 3 16rd clips....let me know....i'm looking to get rid and get a deagle :).......tired of the sissy guns...LOL
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby TexasOutlaw » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:11 pm

mikesolt wrote:if anyone is interested in a S&W 9mm VE...with 2 10rd clips and 3 16rd clips....let me know....i'm looking to get rid and get a deagle :).......tired of the sissy guns...LOL

9mm??

If I buy that caliber, it would be only because I dont have one; it would more than likely be a Browning High power.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Solty » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:18 pm

TexasOutlaw wrote:
mikesolt wrote:if anyone is interested in a S&W 9mm VE...with 2 10rd clips and 3 16rd clips....let me know....i'm looking to get rid and get a deagle :).......tired of the sissy guns...LOL

9mm??

If I buy that caliber, it would be only because I dont have one; it would more than likely be a Browning High power.

i shot my friends deagle and fell in love....lotsa harnessed power....and the gun feels $$$ in my grips....muahhaha
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:16 am

mikesolt wrote:
TexasOutlaw wrote:

9mm??

i shot my friends deagle and fell in love....lotsa harnessed power....and the gun feels $$$ in my grips....muahhaha

Full size or baby Eagle?

The fulls don't come in 9, I don't think the baby's do either: .45 and .40.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Glock23 » Fri Mar 02, 2007 8:27 am

I don't think the baby's do either: .45 and .40.

You can get a BE in 9mm. I believe it is the MR9900.
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~ Hunter Thompson
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Live near Ohio and need a new or used car? Send me a PM!
Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beaver

Postby TexasOutlaw » Fri Mar 02, 2007 9:05 am

Glock23 wrote:
I don't think the baby's do either: .45 and .40.

You can get a BE in 9mm. I believe it is the MR9900.

I wouldn't mind shooting one then. Actually, I've been told the BE doesn't come in .45, but I know a lady that has one and it says .45 ACP right on it.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Drew » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:22 pm

my friend had a be 9mm sweet gun till it was stolen out of his car. i carry a fn 5.7 its like a 223 rifle round out of a handgun. has no kick like a 22, pinpoint accuracy even at distance since the round is so hot there is very little drop. almost no metal components on the gun that is crucial for the humid weather of south florida, and oh yea did i mention that i have shot the hollow point rounds through the trauma plate in a bullet proof vest. this bitch aint gettin stoped by anything. cant shoot it in indoor ranges either. i would recommend stocking up on ammo now though because it will likely soon be a band round.

otherwise i have a Browning BAR 30.06 (all around hunting gun),

short barrel marlin 30.30 lever action(great brush gun for spot and stalk, and of course slaying the shit out of hogs that fuckin run wild down here)

browning gold hunter shotgun w/ 3.5 inch chamber(mostly for waterfowl, but i use it for turkeys and i hope on some geese and upland birds someday)

love guns love to hunt, and luckily i have a friend who is a rancher/farmer so we have 20,000 acres to do whatever the hell we want on. usually ride the swamp buggies and drown in beam
Drew
Tree Magnet

Postby Glock23 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 8:16 am

Here is another from my collection, a Sig-Sauer P-220ST .45acp. This was made for the Dept of Homeland Security Contract Trials, so it has some unique features that don't normally come on this model.
Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death. ~ Hunter Thompson
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Postby Drew » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:36 am

glock, what features does that sig have that are not in the normal prod. model btw i def. like the 45 acp the most of all pistol cartridges
http://www.lionsgatekennels.com

Youtube sight for the Ultimate Disc Golf Show. Full website under construction featuring: interviews, tournament videos, instructional videos, discs for sale.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=UDGS
Drew
Tree Magnet

Postby Glock23 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 9:55 am

Well, it has factory Hogue Grips, Trijicon Night Sights, an improved trigger, and all the civy model 220sts are bare stainless. I also have a new Bar Sto Match Barrel for it, and there is a recoil buffer and stainless guide rod installed. I am debating on dropping in the Bar Sto, but I don't think it needs it. Also, Sig is no longer making the ST (stainless) series of pistols, so this one should go up in value. It is a tank though, about 11oz heavier than the standard model.
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

Postby TexasOutlaw » Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:06 am

Glock23 wrote:Well, it has factory Hogue Grips, Trijicon Night Sights, an improved trigger, and all the civy model 220sts are bare stainless. I also have a new Bar Sto Match Barrel for it, and there is a recoil buffer and stainless guide rod installed. I am debating on dropping in the Bar Sto, but I don't think it needs it. Also, Sig is no longer making the ST (stainless) series of pistols, so this one should go up in value. It is a tank though, about 11oz heavier than the standard model.

Congradulations, I meant to ask about it. The guy here said he has trouble getting those, so I think you made a great buy.

They make recoil buffers for sigs? All my Glocks have recoil buffers. Also, what did they do to the trigger? Polish, or lessened the force? I was warned that it was heavy for concealed carry, but I carry a 1911 10 mm, so i doubt the weight would be a factory for me, it if was, I'd get a stiffer belt.
TexasOutlaw
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Glock23 » Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:04 am

Congradulations, I meant to ask about it. The guy here said he has trouble getting those, so I think you made a great buy.

They make recoil buffers for sigs? All my Glocks have recoil buffers. Also, what did they do to the trigger? Polish, or lessened the force? I was warned that it was heavy for concealed carry, but I carry a 1911 10 mm, so i doubt the weight would be a factory for me, it if was, I'd get a stiffer belt.

Yeah they make buffers for Sigs, not sure if they are needed on this model as the extra weight really reduces the felt recoil. I will send you a pm later with the address of the company that makes mine. I am at work so I can't access the site.

The trigger is a little lighter, and seems smoother than most DA pulls. I guess Sig installed an upgraded trigger on the T&E models, but I am not 100% on the specs.

I am used to carrying a 5" 1911, so this is just a bit heavier. I can't say enough for a good leather holster though. I am currently breaking in a Blackhawk CQC IWB, and have been very impressed. It is very comfortable, and hides well.
04 Honda Superhawk 996

Glock23
Fairway Surgeon

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.