H1N1 Vaccine

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: H1N1 Vaccine

Postby Frank Delicious » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:56 pm

It's a conspiracy, don't let the government implant you with their mind control nano bots
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby stoneman » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:06 pm

Those are in the water supply any way, man. :lol:
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon

Postby garublador » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:36 am

Frank Delicious wrote:It's a conspiracy, don't let the government implant you with their mind control nano bots
I plan on reprogramming the nano bots to give me super powers. So far I've only figured out how to reprogram them to make me immune to H1N1, though.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby what'shisname » Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:49 pm

stoneman wrote:ONE difference between THIS vaccine and other flu vaccines, is that the virus is ALIVE in this one. Not dead, but just "weakened".

I'm seriously not sure if I want to get it for my kids or not. I never get flu shots since I got one back in the early 90s while in the Army. I got so damn sick it wasn't funny a few hours after the shot. Of course, maybe the Gov was experimenting on us soldiers. :lol:

This is only true of the nasal spray vaccine, the injection contains the dead virus. Regardless, your best course of action for H1N1, especcially if you've got kids, is to get vaccinated.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: PD

Postby Parks » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:30 am

It's a government mole! Get him!
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Dogma » Tue Nov 03, 2009 2:41 pm

what'shisname wrote:The H1N1 vaccine is no more dangerous than any other vaccine. I don't understand why people are so worried about the vaccine?

These people believe otherwise:

Swine Flu - One of the Most Massive Cover-ups in American History

The silence about vaccine deaths in media is due to the confidential contracts with the vaccine manufacturers.

The general idea is that most of what you have been told about H1N1 is wrong. They claim that (among other things) pregnant women are not more vulnerable, H1N1 vaccinations don't work on the majority of kids under age 3, seasonal flu vaccination doubles your likelihood of getting H1N1, and so forth. Also, the conspiracy behind it all is the way the WHO arbitrarily redefined "level 6 Pandemic" so that it would include H1N1, thus allowing a large number of regulations to go out the window and a flood of money to come in. Which leads to analysis of questionable contracts between governments and drug manufacturers, and questionable goals regarding the manufacturers themselves.

I'm not saying they're right. But I'm also not saying they're wrong.

And for anyone who believes all vaccines are harmless, you only have to look at the growing Gardasil debacle for a very current example of a "safe" vaccine that is turning out to have numerous very serious problems, and that treats a condition that was blown out of proportion in the first place.
Dogma
2009 DGR Donator

Postby garublador » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:14 pm

Dogma wrote:I'm not saying they're right. But I'm also not saying they're wrong.
I'll say they're wrong. My understading is that there is something different about H1N1 than most other influenza virisus and that's what's causing all of the rukus. It's more dangerous to different groups of people and it came out of the blue rather than being a normal mutation like they normally see. Because of that it got more attention and that extra attention brings out the crazy in some people.

And for anyone who believes all vaccines are harmless, you only have to look at the growing Gardasil debacle for a very current example of a "safe" vaccine that is turning out to have numerous very serious problems, and that treats a condition that was blown out of proportion in the first place.
So what is it about Gardasil that produces a disproportionate number of those side effects? Unless that is known then comparing it to other vaccines is meaningless. Morphine is used as a pain killer and it's a very addictive narcodic. Does that mean I shouldn't give my kids children's asprin because it's also a pain killer and could be a very addictive narcodic?
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby Dogma » Tue Nov 03, 2009 3:33 pm

garublador wrote:I'll say they're wrong. My understading is that there is something different about H1N1 than most other influenza virisus and that's what's causing all of the rukus. It's more dangerous to different groups of people and it came out of the blue rather than being a normal mutation like they normally see. Because of that it got more attention and that extra attention brings out the crazy in some people.

Are you basing that on the articles, or me weak synopsis of them? Because what you're talking about isn't what they were talking about.

garublador wrote:
Dogma wrote:And for anyone who believes all vaccines are harmless, you only have to look at the growing Gardasil debacle for a very current example of a "safe" vaccine that is turning out to have numerous very serious problems, and that treats a condition that was blown out of proportion in the first place.
So what is it about Gardasil that produces a disproportionate number of those side effects? Unless that is known then comparing it to other vaccines is meaningless.

You definitely missed my point there. I'm not saying one vaccine is unsafe because the other is. I'm saying that some people generically believe 'vaccines go through a lot of testing so they must be safe.' I'm just pointing out that sometimes they turn out not to be.
Dogma
2009 DGR Donator

Postby stoneman » Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:20 pm

H1N1 came out of nowhere? :lol:

On another note, I've talked to 8 people who have had it, and they said it was more mild than the last "regular" flu they've had...but that it took longer to get over.

Has anyone seen the videos from back in 2004 where Hilary Clinton was bashing Bush because there wasn't enough flu vaccine to go around? Haven't heard her slamming 'bama about this current shortage of vaccine.
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon

Postby what'shisname » Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:15 pm

Dogma wrote:
what'shisname wrote:The H1N1 vaccine is no more dangerous than any other vaccine. I don't understand why people are so worried about the vaccine?

These people believe otherwise:

Swine Flu - One of the Most Massive Cover-ups in American History

The silence about vaccine deaths in media is due to the confidential contracts with the vaccine manufacturers.

The general idea is that most of what you have been told about H1N1 is wrong. They claim that (among other things) pregnant women are not more vulnerable, H1N1 vaccinations don't work on the majority of kids under age 3, seasonal flu vaccination doubles your likelihood of getting H1N1, and so forth. Also, the conspiracy behind it all is the way the WHO arbitrarily redefined "level 6 Pandemic" so that it would include H1N1, thus allowing a large number of regulations to go out the window and a flood of money to come in. Which leads to analysis of questionable contracts between governments and drug manufacturers, and questionable goals regarding the manufacturers themselves.

I'm not saying they're right. But I'm also not saying they're wrong.

Do you have any links that link to credible sources? The first to links you list are to the personal web page of Jane Burgermeister. Here's what it says about her right on the site:

This site is the official site of Jane Burgermeister and her investigation regarding the flu vaccines, WHO and the criminal conduct of several companies and organisations. Here evidence is collected and presented which, according to Jane Burgermeister, reveals that there is a plan in action to reduce the world population by using contaminated vaccines. Jane Burgermeister shows that several international organisations are involved with this plan as are several international companies. Together these form a criminal syndicate which in secret intend to "save the planet" from what is considered harmful overpopulation.

Vaccinating people to protect them against viruses seems like a pretty piss poor way to go about killing off the population. All you need to do to prove this wack job wrong is go back a year or two or five or hell, even 10 years; count up the number of people who died of the flu and compare it to the number of people who have died from getting a vaccine. Or maybe the "criminal syndicate" have divised away to mask vaccine deaths with something like a heart attack or something? :lol:

The last link you provided seems to be someones personal blog where they repost "interesting" articles found on the net?
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Dogma » Thu Nov 05, 2009 7:40 am

what'shisname wrote:Do you have any links that link to credible sources? (H1N1)

Nope. I just came across that website and thought it was interesting. Didn't even say whether I agreed with it or not. I will say though that calling someone crazy and scientifically disproving their claims are two different things.

what'shisname wrote:The last link you provided seems to be someones personal blog where they repost "interesting" articles found on the net? (Gardasil)

That's because I didn't spend much time looking for it. If you prefer, here's a lengthy article from ABC News about Gardasil safety concerns. Or one from CBS. Or one in US News and World Report about how 89% of the adverse event reports filed by Merck don't include sufficient identifying information to allow medical review.
Dogma
2009 DGR Donator

Postby what'shisname » Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:16 pm

Dogma wrote:

Nope. I just came across that website and thought it was interesting. Didn't even say whether I agreed with it or not. I will say though that calling someone crazy and scientifically disproving their claims are two different things.

Indeed it is. Though in this case it's pretty apparent that she's bat-shit-crazy.

At any rate, here's a site with some common misconceptions about vaccines: http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/vac-gen/6mishome.htm

what'shisname wrote:The last link you provided seems to be someones personal blog where they repost "interesting" articles found on the net? (Gardasil)

That's because I didn't spend much time looking for it. If you prefer, here's a lengthy article from ABC News about Gardasil safety concerns. Or one from CBS. Or one in US News and World Report about how 89% of the adverse event reports filed by Merck don't include sufficient identifying information to allow medical review.[/quote]

Definitely some interesting reading, but when you start getting into the details of the deaths it appears that most are at best, circumstantial. If you'd care to read the reports, they're available here: http://www.medalerts.org/vaersdb/findfi ... &VAX=(HPV4)&SYMPTOMS=(Death)

There's a lot of mis-information out there on vaccines and it's understandable why it would be a concern for people. But the fact is that medical advancements and vaccines have saved millions of lives over the years. Anyway, I don't much care if you guys don't want to get vaccinated, it's your prerogative, but the vaccination is the best course of action to protect yourself and restrict the spread of the virus.
what'shisname
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Parks » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:20 pm

Dogma wrote:

Nope. I just came across that website and thought it was interesting. Didn't even say whether I agreed with it or not.

You keep saying its interesting as an implication that its somehow worth reading some person's unfounded rants.

Its about as interesting as www.timecube.com
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Dogma » Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:29 pm

Parks wrote:Its about as interesting as http://www.timecube.com

That's some funny shit. You don't find it entertaining that someone spent hours writing all that and pays to have it hosted? You're not even slightly curious whether they actually believe it all or not? My favorite line was "Established in 1997 and not one penny of support received."
Dogma
2009 DGR Donator

Postby Jesse B 707 » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:51 pm

time cube is full of lulz

"At the risk of my life, I must issue a GRAVE WARNING to my fellow Americans - about a
potential Civil War between millions if Obama,
the Black candidate, is elected President of the
United States, displacing the white president -
inducing America to become a Black Nation.
There are some whites who cannot accept this,
especially during the drastic hardtimes ahead,
and will initiate a spark of violence that will
spread over the Earth like a wildfire. The
World is now on the verge of such a threat,
and the World condition is highly volatile.
This is most likely the test Biden mentioned.
Neither candidate mentioned RACE for its
beyond their expertise - so they just let it
happen - slaughter like never seen before.
I fear if Obama wins, America will lose.
Now, what will you do to avoid such a hell?"
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.