Fun poker hands

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Fun poker hands

Postby JohnnyB » Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:44 pm

I'm sure there's a few poker players on this board and I thought it would be fun to post some hands. Either because they were well played or just rare.

I had one this last weekend
In big bling I get 2c 6c. Limps around to me and I check it.
5d 3c 5c. I have a straight a flush and a straight flush op here, but I check it anyway. Real aggressive atc player bets the pot one caller other than me and we are three handed.
5s. I check again, atc checks, he has a bad habit of checking when he gets the big hand, so I'm more than happy he'll let me play this out. Last guy checks.
4c. I bet 3/4 pot, atc raises 4x that other guy gets out of the way I push him all in. Instacall with q5 and I crush his dreams with my straight flush.
"A hedgehog was also killed"
JohnnyB
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: Star tee-rex

Re: Fun poker hands

Postby niblick83 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:35 pm

The hand below definitely goes under the rare category though it wasn't really fun per se for the two involved.

I get dealt pocket nines and made some sort of raise.
My buddy, as dealer, calls behind me though he contemplated pushing because he was short stacked.
Another guy calls.
Flop comes down A, J, J.
Check to my buddy.
He goes All-In.
Other guy folds.
I call.
He turns over A, K. He leads with Aces and Jacks verse my Jacks and nines.
Turn comes down another Jack.
Buddy says "you are drawing dead."
I ask for the last card anyway cause I can't ever think that fast and it is easiest just to see the last card for me.
Just before the card is flipped another guy says "Wait, the fourth Jack would split the pot."
BAM. Case Jack hits the table on the river. Board is A, J, J, J, J.
Bedlam ensues though I didn't really celebrate cause I got really lucky to split by playing the board with quad jacks and an ace kicker.
niblick83
Tree Magnet

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:05 pm

I play most of my poker online so honestly i play too many hands to really remember......unless some donk hits a 2 outer on the river to beat me.....and id rather just forget those anyway
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Luke » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:05 pm

As a side note, we now have two full decks of PBR caps.
Luke
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby JohnnyB » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:36 pm

A few months back I went to a little bar league tournament. First hand I'm dealt I get pocket 8's.
I'm first to act and just limp in. another caller little blind sums up and big checks. I figure this will be an easy pot to buy.
278 rainbow comes out. Check check I bet 1 1/2 the pot and I actually have a hand. Two folds and a raise from the big blind I re-raise him and he pushes all in. I have the best hand and can't be beat with out runner runner so I call. He had 27 and the unfortunate luck to be in a position to see the flop for free.
I held the big stack till I ended up taking second in the tournament after the guy I was heads up with rescued an orphaned puppy nun from nazi demons and was granted the luck to get pocket aces for 9 different hands, 3 running.
JohnnyB

Postby garublador » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:44 am

It's not a poker hand, but last weekend in Vegas I split aces three times in one hand. I had to pull out more cash to finance the last split. I got a 21, 20, 13 and 15. The dealer bust after two hits. It ruled.
garublador
Disc Whore

Postby uNicedmeMan » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:43 am

I'm invited to a $50 hold em tourney on Thursday. I'm torn between playing cards or playing golf as Thursday is our weekly glow night.

What do you guys think? Last time I played with those folks I came in 3rd out of 17ish with 5-6 rebuys (I didn't rebuy).
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby sleepy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:48 am

uNicedmeMan wrote:What do you guys think? Last time I played with those folks I came in 3rd out of 17ish with 5-6 rebuys (I didn't rebuy).

From a strictly economic standpoint:

How much money did you win for that 3rd place finish?
    How likely do you think you are to place 3rd or better if you play this time?
    How much are the rebuys? (Just in case you need one this time)
    How much is it to play in the weekly glow night?

And lastly, if you play poker and lose, how pissed will you be that you didn't go play golf instead? :P

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

PDGA#: 29929 My Trade List: Sleepy's Disc-O-Rama!
My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby uNicedmeMan » Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:39 am

sleepy wrote:
uNicedmeMan wrote:What do you guys think? Last time I played with those folks I came in 3rd out of 17ish with 5-6 rebuys (I didn't rebuy).

From a strictly economic standpoint:

How much money did you win for that 3rd place finish? Net 110ish
    How likely do you think you are to place 3rd or better if you play this time?idk
    How much are the rebuys? (Just in case you need one this time) Also unsure (emerging trend)
    How much is it to play in the weekly glow night? Zero but I can't win anything. Unless I start a sidebet with someone.

And lastly, if you play poker and lose, how pissed will you be that you didn't go play golf instead? :P

sleepy

In reference to question 2, I always think I could win sorta or else I wouldn't play. It is difficult to determine because some big stakes guys treat the $50 worth of chips like play money. Also a factor; tourney is >1hr from home but only about .30mins from work where I'll be going there from (1.5 total hour commute).

I'm torn but I've been digging poker pretty hard recently so I think I may do it. There is another tourney on Friday that is $110 winner take all (chair in final tourney for WSOP qualifier spot) but I don't think I'll play that one.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Postby sleepy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:16 pm

Hmm, seems like a pretty good chance you'll at least place in the money. I hear you on the high-stakes guys throwing off your predictions for how you'll finish, though. It sucks sitting down at a table with someone whose normal buy-in is 5x the current buy-in, because they usually just don't care, and play so crazy LAG that it's tough to handle.

I'd say go for poker and play golf this weekend. Or, wait and see what Thursday night's weather holds and let that decide.

sleepy
sleepy wrote:I sleepy, do hereby commit to use the Comet as my main midrange disc for a period of no less than one (1) year; commencing 11/24/09 and ending (if I so choose) on 11/24/10.

My bag: Predators, Surges, Teebirds, Wasps, Comets, Challengers and Magics...Oh my!
sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby uNicedmeMan » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:22 pm

Yous one smart fellow sleepy.

Thanks!
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Postby sleepy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 12:58 pm

uNicedmeMan wrote:Yous one smart fellow sleepy.

Why, thank you sir... :)

uNicedmeMan wrote:Thanks!

My pleasure.

sleepy

sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby JohnnyB » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:04 pm

sleepy wrote:Hmm, seems like a pretty good chance you'll at least place in the money. I hear you on the high-stakes guys throwing off your predictions for how you'll finish, though. It sucks sitting down at a table with someone whose normal buy-in is 5x the current buy-in, because they usually just don't care, and play so crazy LAG that it's tough to handle.

I love sitting with them at a table. I'll give up a few more little pots and blind grabs than I like. But if you stick tight for a bit and wait for them to bet into you crazy when you're sitting close to the nuts you can really put a damper on their night. If you can pull off check bet call check bet call check bet MONSTER RAISE after they've decided they're in control of the table you can see them go on tilt and start questioning every move they make.
JohnnyB

Postby sleepy » Tue Nov 10, 2009 6:58 pm

That's a good point. I shouldn't be intimidated by them since I, as a TAG player, should have just as much ability to mess up their night as they do mine. In fact, it should be even easier for me to wait around for the perfect opportunity and let them hang themselves. :P

sleepy

sleepy
1000 Rated Poster

Postby uNicedmeMan » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:03 am

JohnnyB wrote:
sleepy wrote:Hmm, seems like a pretty good chance you'll at least place in the money. I hear you on the high-stakes guys throwing off your predictions for how you'll finish, though. It sucks sitting down at a table with someone whose normal buy-in is 5x the current buy-in, because they usually just don't care, and play so crazy LAG that it's tough to handle.

I love sitting with them at a table. I'll give up a few more little pots and blind grabs than I like. But if you stick tight for a bit and wait for them to bet into you crazy when you're sitting close to the nuts you can really put a damper on their night. If you can pull off check bet call check bet call check bet MONSTER RAISE after they've decided they're in control of the table you can see them go on tilt and start questioning every move they make.

Yeah, none of those guys made it to the final table at the last tourney I played. They played super loose, re-bought a few times and then played cash games. It seemed almost like they would rather play the cash game and the tourney was just something they had to sit through for a bit first.

*Edit* - The weather looks pretty crappy for tomorrow night so it looks like I'll play cards.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Next

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.