Coffee

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Coffee

Postby sunspot » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:40 pm

Who drinks it? What's your favorite?

I like Folgers, Chase and Sanborn, Dunkin Donuts, and Starbucks.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Re: Coffee

Postby Jsw » Wed Oct 28, 2009 1:10 pm

The only coffee I ever drink with any real regularity is Dunkin Donuts' Ice coffee. My girlfriend always gets them so I like to have a few sips and then I'm over it. As for hot coffee, I actually like good ol' McDonalds - Lots of cream, lots of sugar...

I don't drink it very often though, I prefer green tea for its neutral taste and health benefits.
Jsw
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: DGR's Night-Owl

Postby tgm » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:07 pm

I'm a coffee snob. I grind from beans (old school hand crank burr grinder) every pot and use a manual drip or french press method.

My favorite beans are Millstone Columbian, but I frequently get Caribou beans. I'm a med to dark roast kind of guy and I prefer Caribou over Starbucks but rarely get coffee out.

On Saturday mornings it's usually a stop at McD's before playing. I find their coffee acceptable when eating a bacon, egg and cheese biscuit with hash browns before a round, or the morning after a party.
sols, trak, pd/teebird, firebird, buzzz, ridge, summit
tgm
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby uNicedmeMan » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:08 pm

I blast one of these worth every workday on the way to work, black. I don't love coffee but I'm feel obligated to drink it for the safety of other motorists. At work I generally drink only water and green tea.

PSA- if you like nice mugs get the mug linked to above, it's real nice.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby chiggins » Wed Oct 28, 2009 2:16 pm

tgm wrote:I'm a coffee snob. I grind from beans (old school hand crank burr grinder) every pot and use a manual drip or french press method.

I get up around 6 most mornings, my wife isn't usually up for another hour or so after that. We picked up one of these thermos french presses, and the pot I make at quarter after 6 is still piping hot an hour later, which makes her a little less angry at the world for having to be up.
chiggins
2009 DGR Donator

Postby some call me...tim? » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:45 pm

I drink coffee daily, almost always black unless it's really bad coffee and I need to disguise the taste. Mostly just drink the free stuff at work, which is surprisingly good (Seattle area businesses are good about that kind of thing, I've found). At home, I mostly have been using the french press lately, with whatever good dark roast beans I find on sale. I need to get a new press though, as the one I have now is not only tiny, but also lets a lot of grounds through. That one you linked to looks pretty sweet, chiggins, and not too expensive as far as french presses go. Anybody tried the Aeropress? I might be willing to get one if it is indeed as good/better than a french press.
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby chiggins » Wed Oct 28, 2009 3:51 pm

some call me...tim? wrote:That one you linked to looks pretty sweet, chiggins, and not too expensive as far as french presses go.

The primary reason we got it was because we'd just broken our third carafe, and I think it was going to be almost as much to replace it (again) as it was to get the steel one. The thermal part was kind of a bonus :)
chiggins
2009 DGR Donator

Postby tito » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:47 pm

I use a moka pot every morning for my daily cup before work... and that's all I need for the day.
It makes two shots of concentrated coffee (not quite espresso-but close enough) and I mix that with hot water to fill up my mug - that's called an Americano. Sometimes I order a tall americano from that one place.
yeti pro aviar / z drone / z predator / esp meteor / DGR PD / s destroyer / nuke os
tito
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Z Predator roar!

Postby DGjamey » Wed Oct 28, 2009 5:56 pm

im all about coffee, in fact im having a cup right now. i drink 2 cups a day, and the only reason i dont drink more is because i dont want to turn into those people who need to drink 2 pots of coffee a day. cant be too healthy. it doesnt matter what kind of coffee it is ill drink it as long as there is cream and sugar..
Wraith TeeBird Boss Buzzz Ryno
DGjamey
Noob

Favorite Disc: Star Wraith

Postby masterbeato » Wed Oct 28, 2009 6:16 pm

i dont drink coffee anymore but when i did it was Kona coffee from Kona, Hawaii all the way, best coffee ever made in the entire universe!

so whoever has not had this coffee, you are missing out and no other coffee is as good as this, and i know this!

so yeah, fly your butts out to Kona Hawaii and get yourself a bag!

BTW, i used to take my coffee like i take my women, lots of cream and lots of sugar. with Kona, it was black.
My PDGA - Dan Beto

Frank Delicious wrote:and now we know the secret to your power. You are more machine than bear!
masterbeato
lol Z predator

Favorite Disc: Pro D X2

Postby gratefuldisc » Wed Oct 28, 2009 7:03 pm

masterbeato wrote:i dont drink coffee anymore but when i did it was Kona coffee from Kona, Hawaii all the way, best coffee ever made in the entire universe!

so whoever has not had this coffee, you are missing out and no other coffee is as good as this, and i know this!

BTW, i used to take my coffee like i take my women, lots of cream and lots of sugar. with Kona, it was black.

x2 black Kona. I have a Keurig machine and the Tully's Kona blend is my favorite, I have not had real Kona from Kona, I'm sure that is 10x better
The grass ain't greener, the wine ain't sweeter, either side of the hill. -Robert Hunter

Boss, Predator, OLF, OLS, JLS, QMS, Sentinel, Warlock
gratefuldisc
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: JLS

Postby jnecessary » Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:25 pm

8'oclock has some good beans...lately we just get the preground Bustello and make cappuccino every morning.
--Current bag: Yeti, Roc, Teebird, Firebird, RoadRunner, Wraith, Force, Nuke...
--My PDGA--My Trade List
grodney (IOWADG.COM) wrote:There are no righty holes, no lefty holes, no hyzer holes, no anhyzer holes. There is only skill and lack of skill.
jnecessary
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby ferretdance03 » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:27 pm

I have a pot a day habit. Black, sugar, cream, milk, doesn't matter too me. If it's good coffee it's good no matter how I drink it.

I got a coffee pot with a built in grinder as a wedding present (my wife doesn't partake) and it's still rocking after 4yrs of continual use. Always whole beans, brand changes depending on what packaging catches my eye and which one has the most well written description.

I must admit, I am intrigue by the French press, but have never used one. Someone care to enlighten me? Benefits? Drawbacks?
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby discspeed » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:37 pm

ferretdance03 wrote:I have a pot a day habit. Black, sugar, cream, milk, doesn't matter too me. If it's good coffee it's good no matter how I drink it.

I got a coffee pot with a built in grinder as a wedding present (my wife doesn't partake) and it's still rocking after 4yrs of continual use. Always whole beans, brand changes depending on what packaging catches my eye and which one has the most well written description.

I must admit, I am intrigue by the French press, but have never used one. Someone care to enlighten me? Benefits? Drawbacks?

Cuisinart? I've had mine for 5 years now and its still going strong. I had to order a new carafe as the handle broke off the original, but otherwise its been great.

I have a French Press that I take camping, but it does not produce as smooth of a texture and you get more grit in it. It is nice because it only requires boiling water to make good coffee anywhere, anytime.

I also have a vacuum pump pot, and it is best out of this. It keeps it from getting bitter and produces some delicious froth when you pump it into your cup. I buy special coffee from time to time and enjoy it, but for my money 8'oclock colombian beans are darn good. Oh yeah, and I only drink it black.
Last edited by discspeed on Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby disc junkie » Wed Oct 28, 2009 9:40 pm

masterbeato wrote:i dont drink coffee anymore but when i did it was Kona coffee from Kona, Hawaii all the way, best coffee ever made in the entire universe!

speaking of kona coffee...a local brewery a few months ago brewed a special cask conditoned stout with kona coffee....brilliantly name Kona Stout...by far my favrite beer ever...soo good mmm mmm mmm

and yea kona coffee without the alcohol is pretty darn good too
When I'm not itchin for discin, I have the yearnin to get the plastic turnin
disc junkie
LL Buzzz J

Next

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.