Video game season...recommendations?

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Video game season...recommendations?

Postby discspeed » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:12 am

NCAA 2012 is garbage. I'll be trading mine in for Madden(which probably sucks too, but it seems it has at least made some more changes) at first opportunity. What a disappointment....
In just a few games I've seen the same ridiculous bullshit as always--Missed option tosses where the HB stops and stares at the ball as the defense scoops it up, replays that only save about 10 seconds(what the hell? NCAAs in the 90s for PS1 had full replays), QBs hit while throwing always suck the ball back in, HBs run into blockers and get transported to the other side without losing speed, defenders drop INTs that they are sitting alone waiting for yet make backwards one hand grabs in a crowd, deep passing is unstoppable in the snow, and non of the non-analog stick running moves work. For me it's pretty much unplayable. They've made a couple minor improvements to list on the box, but this monopolized game is shit compared to modern video games of other genres that actually have market competition. Being a huge football fan I really resent this.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Deebo » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:42 am

discspeed wrote:NCAA 2012 is garbage. I'll be trading mine in for Madden(which probably sucks too, but it seems it has at least made some more changes) at first opportunity. What a disappointment....
In just a few games I've seen the same ridiculous bullshit as always--Missed option tosses where the HB stops and stares at the ball as the defense scoops it up, replays that only save about 10 seconds(what the hell? NCAAs in the 90s for PS1 had full replays), QBs hit while throwing always suck the ball back in, HBs run into blockers and get transported to the other side without losing speed, defenders drop INTs that they are sitting alone waiting for yet make backwards one hand grabs in a crowd, deep passing is unstoppable in the snow, and non of the non-analog stick running moves work. For me it's pretty much unplayable. They've made a couple minor improvements to list on the box, but this monopolized game is shit compared to modern video games of other genres that actually have market competition. Being a huge football fan I really resent this.

I haven't seriously played a football video game since 2k5. I got Madden 06 right after they got the exclusive agreement with the NFL and stopped playing after less than a week and haven't bought one since. I have a friend that still plays 2k5 religously.
Deebo
Noob

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby Parks » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:52 pm

Jesse B 707 wrote:
Parks wrote:I've been playing a lot of League of Legends lately. Its another free game. Its like DOTA/HoN. Good stuff.

that game is pretty fun but i am plain old no good at it

Once you learn basic strategy and how to use your current champion, it becomes a ton easier and more fun. http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/browse has a lot of great info on general strategy and specific builds/strategies for champions. When you're starting out and don't really know wtf you are doing its pretty easy to straight up copy a build and do well, and then after that you learn to tweak it to your playstyle and to counter the other team.
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:08 pm

I've been loving From Dust and and Bastion, both cheaper arcade 360 games.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Aug 22, 2011 4:50 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:I've been loving From Dust and and Bastion, both cheaper arcade 360 games.

The new Toy Soldiers game and Trenched are both awesome too....whats the Gamertag Franco?
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Aug 22, 2011 8:30 pm

Not on xbox live consistently, just hook up the xbox to DL stuff every now and then.

but it's deliciousscifi
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Flipflat » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:03 pm

This game looks hella cool.
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby uNicedmeMan » Thu Aug 25, 2011 8:18 pm

^^^THAT LOOKS FUCKING AWESOME^^^
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby discspeed » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:00 am

I just bought the Infamous series...I know, I'm a little late to the party, but this game is cool as hell. It's like a cross between Assasin's Creed and a post apocalyptic Grand Theft Auto.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby sunspot » Sun Aug 28, 2011 6:51 pm

Anybody looking forward to Elder Scrolls: Skyrim? I'll never played any Elder Scrolls games, but this one seems like it's going to be pretty sweet.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby Itchy » Sun Aug 28, 2011 7:43 pm

sunspot wrote:Anybody looking forward to Elder Scrolls: Skyrim?

Yes. I rarely play video games and I'm looking forward to it. It also happens to come out the day before my birthday.
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Postby Redisculous » Sun Aug 28, 2011 8:03 pm

I've played all the elder scroll games. Skyrim is going to be amazing. It looks a little simplified from the previous games, but in a good way. I'm hoping it makes it more accessable, widening the fan base a bit.

Oblivion was way too... idk if complicated was the right word for it, but I'm kind of ocd when it comes to some games, and leveling your character with all +5's in that game took all the fun out of it. They took that part out in this game, so I'm really looking forward to it.
Anode | Comet | Axis |Vector | PPD | SPD | CPD
Redisculous
Fairway Surgeon

Location: Southern Wisconsin, where the best courses are in Illinois!
Favorite Disc: Axis

Postby Itchy » Sun Aug 28, 2011 9:28 pm

How to make Oblivion ridiculously easy.

1) Collect 5 black soul gems from Necros during Mages Guild Quests.
2) Buy Chameleon spell from Mages Guild and cast it once (cast the 5 mana spell that causes a little light bulb to pop to level up if you're not good enough to cast Chameleon)
3) Enchant 5 pieces of jewelery or light weight armor with Chameleon
4) Get the boots of Springheel Jak and don't wear them when you fall down the tower (they save you from the fall but break and are unfixable if you wear them down the tower) so you can wear them after that quest (Thieves Guild Quest?)
5) Put on 100% Chameleon and boots.

You're now invisible and can do whatever you want and you wont make any noise while walking around (I think those are the right boots). Some of that might be wrong, I haven't play Oblivion in years.
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Postby jubuttib » Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:08 am

There are many ways to make Oblivion ridiculously easy, 100% chameleon is one the most common ways. And the best part about Oblivion is the moddability. The leveling system indeed is rather silly, so it was the first thing I changed. But you can change just about anything in the game, and there exist mods for just about anything. By picking and choosing mods to fit different needs you can bend Oblivion into more than 10 different games that play and feel totally different from one another.

And even though I really like Oblivion even now, the worst part of Oblivion was definitely the world itself. Technically the game is much better than Morrowind, and the gameplay itself is way better, but Morrowind had a much better world and story. The cities had more personality, the Ayleid ruins of Oblivion were incredibly boring compared to the Dwemer dungeons of Morrowind, the world space fit the game better, the whole experience was more immersive. The mythology especially felt like a bigger part of the experience and actually made me want to fulfill the Nerevarine prophecy.

But yeah, I'm not sure if this has been posted but it's pretty close to how I feel about Skyrim:

And then there's rFactor 2, "final" version of Minecraft, Battlefield 3... Good stuff this year.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Jesse B 707 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 8:28 pm

Sooooooo........Dark Souls is hard, i played through Demons Souls twice without real trouble and im trapped in the opening area of dark souls with damn near all my gear broken.....this is gonna be a grind
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.