Video game season...recommendations?

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Video game season...recommendations?

Postby vonDrehle » Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:00 pm

BF3 is making me happy :D.
vonDrehle
Steward Turkeylink: Has not seen The Godfather and is probably a horrible person

Favorite Disc: River

Postby Parks » Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:42 pm

I'm going to assume that BF3 is like every other BF game: it is shitty and buggy until a few months after release, at which point they fix the worst bugs and it becomes awesome.
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby vonDrehle » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:38 am

I didn't think BC2 was super buggy. But it is buggy right now but it is still in Beta so that is expected.
vonDrehle
Steward Turkeylink: Has not seen The Godfather and is probably a horrible person

Postby Flipflat » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:11 am

You Battlefield 3 Beta people might get a kick out of this:

I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby vonDrehle » Fri Oct 07, 2011 11:45 am

Meh maybe the ones that think the Beta represents the real game. Wish they would have chosen a different map but I'm guessing the tunnel part really helps stress test the servers. When Beta goes down I'm going to have to put BC2 in it. I have played any games since Feb. or March and it shows. I'm prob. not even going to pick up MW3 assuming BF3 is up to my expectations.
vonDrehle

Postby turso » Fri Oct 07, 2011 6:24 pm

BF3 beta is pretty awesome, and seems less buggier than 2142 ever was. Pre-ordered it back march, so I'm happy it's awesome. And it's so PRETTY!
Frank Delicious wrote:Every groove is a unique snowflake of suck.

NOS, PD, River, Roc3, Comet, Trident, Mercy, JOKERi, XXX
turso
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: FR Roc3

Postby Flipflat » Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:44 pm

vonDrehle wrote:Meh maybe the ones that think the Beta represents the real game

I don't think anyone thinks the Beta represents the final build.

funny shit, tho

Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Postby vonDrehle » Sat Oct 08, 2011 1:54 pm

I don't know I was browsing the forums and people seem to be doing nothing but complaining. Though I admit they are probably 12 year olds...
vonDrehle

Postby Flipflat » Wed Oct 26, 2011 9:32 pm

Battlefield 3 is for suckers

I <3 blood spray.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Itchy » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:11 pm

Bought a Nintendo 3DS... other than Ocarina of Time what are other titles I should pick up?
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Postby jubuttib » Mon Oct 31, 2011 2:46 am

Itchy wrote:Bought a Nintendo 3DS... other than Ocarina of Time what are other titles I should pick up?
From what I've seen at least Ridge Racer and Super Street Fight IV have gotten pretty good reviews, Dead or Alive a bit better than that even. There's also a metric fuckton of great DS games available.
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

Postby Itchy » Mon Oct 31, 2011 11:58 am

Yup, I already own a metric fuck ton of DS games. I'll look into Ridge Racer, Street Fighter and Dead or Alive.
Gorilla Boy Spider Monkey
TL - FL - Valkyrie - PD - Cyclone - Element - Meteor - Roc Plus - Gremlin - Summit - Wizard
SLO Throwers mini
Itchy
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: S Gremlin

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Oct 31, 2011 12:18 pm

Rocksmith good or bad?
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 4:08 pm

Good
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby jubuttib » Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:23 am

Project CARS (Community Assisted Racing Sim)

If you like racing sims, this is one to look out for. Done by Slightly Mad Studios (featuring ex-Simbin, Blimey and even Grand Prix Legends-era Papyrus folk) who did Shift 1 & 2, but this time without the involvement of a big publisher like EA to interfere with the development process, they aim to create a driving simulator with no compromises in physics and glorious graphics, done for and funded by the community, and will be available in pretty identical form for both the PC and consoles. From what I've seen, they might just make it.

It's still very firmly in pre-alpha and only around 10% done, they're shooting for a release somewhere in late 2012. If you want to support the development process, you can chip in right now. 10€ gets you access to the forums where you can communicate with the developers, read the meeting minutes, and you get to play a new build of the game once a month. 25€ gets you weekly builds, and if you really want to get into it, there are options for 100€ (watch live meetings), 1 000€ (bi-weekly builds, attend meetings and access to game scripts), and even 25 000€ (stuff).

Currently on weekly build #86, and the graphics are on par or better than Shift 2 and the physics are clearly above Shift 2, but still very much alpha. Currently there are 10 cars (3 classic Formula cars, one modern GP2 car, two lightweight track cars, Le Mans prototype, a high performance Touring Car, a kart and one street legal lightweight) with several more confirmed to be released soon (judging by the renderings on the forums they're not too far from alpha releases), 4 tracks with a few different layouts in each and a test track that has all sorts of features (a swooping mountain road for example), so there's plenty to do already.

All sorts of stuff gets added in each weekly build and the physics are worked on constantly, it's exciting to see how it develops. So yeah, if you like racing sims and/or are interested in seeing how a game gets from pre-alpha to release, and can spare about $13.6, chip in and join the process. =)

EDIT: And those who watch Top Gear, ex-Stig Ben Collins is on board as a physics and handling consultant, so we can expect educated feedback for both street and racing cars.
EDIT2: Oh yeah, forgot to mention: Everyone that chips in will be entitled to a portion of the profits the game generates after it's finally released. Won't be much for the 10-25€ folk, but it's something. The sales requirements to break even aren't ludicrously high, but you won't be making a living off it by any means. =)
Parks wrote:If the posts on this forum are any indication, the PD is like a Teebird with sunshine coming out of its butthole so hard that it flies faster.
Anode|ION|JOKERi|MD2|FD|TD|PD|LEGENDa
jubuttib
Long Finnish Word

Favorite Disc: Orange FR P-Line MD2

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.