Firefox hurt my feelings...

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Firefox hurt my feelings...

Postby Frank Delicious » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:03 pm

Dogma wrote:
Solty wrote:Mmm. Win7 is uber easy to install :)

If you're moving from Vista then I think you are making an excellent choice. If you are moving from XP then I'm curious to hear about any compatibility issues you run into.

I moved my desktop from XP to Win7 six months ago and haven't had any problems with compatibility.

p.s. setting up a home network on win7 is awesomely easy.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby tumpsi » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:23 am

JohnnyB wrote:No opera love in here?

opera<3
Max Boss Teebird Roc Wizard
tumpsi
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Solty » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:52 am

Frank Delicious wrote:
Dogma wrote:

If you're moving from Vista then I think you are making an excellent choice. If you are moving from XP then I'm curious to hear about any compatibility issues you run into.

I moved my desktop from XP to Win7 six months ago and haven't had any problems with compatibility.

muh wife loves her vista laptop......and my other machine is a mac.....so no real need for a network....I have my 500GB external drive that i swap between all the machines if I need backups..
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Frank Delicious » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:38 am

Solty wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:
Dogma wrote:

muh wife loves her vista laptop......and my other machine is a mac.....so no real need for a network....I have my 500GB external drive that i swap between all the machines if I need backups..

I actually set up a network so both my wife and I's laptop will back up to the external hard drive I have attached to the desktop. I am lazy and don't like having to unhook the thing and move it around.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby ferretdance03 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:07 pm

So let me lay my Firefox issue on you guys as well...

I've been using FF forever, on a OS 10.4 iMac. I upgraded to FF2 when it came out and had zero problems. I upgraded to FF3 when it was first released and had 2 major issues. It would not transfer my bookmarks; which isn't a deal breaker because I copied the bookmarks file and have that on my desktop. Problem two is a deal breaker though; it changed my default font to a graffitti-esque font I had on my machine. I looked through all the settings and changed everything to Times or Ariel and back and forth to no avail. I deleted the font from my machine, uninstalled FF and reinstalled. Same thing. Ideas?
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby Dogma » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:13 pm

ferretdance03 wrote:it changed my default font to a graffitti-esque font I had on my machine. I looked through all the settings and changed everything to Times or Ariel and back and forth to no avail.

By "through all the settings" do you mean that in Firefox you went to Tools > Options > Content > Fonts and Colors? Then did you click the Advanced button and check the fonts there? In particular the monospace font?
Dogma
2009 DGR Donator

Postby BLURR » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:44 pm

I have had this issue with Firefox since the 3.0 release. I have switched to using Google Chrome and have had no issues with it yet. I absolutely refuse to use IE since 7 and 8 have had all sorts of bug issues. Opera is also a good browser.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Solty » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:47 pm

Since installing my Win7 machine....Firefox 3.5.5 opens up in under 1.5 seconds....im quite happy about that :)
Solty

Postby nothaz » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:09 pm

Firefox>Chrome&Safari&Opera>IE

Period.

Solty is your problem solved? If so can we turn this into a firefox love thread?
chronicatm(DGCR FORUMS) wrote:the only person that deserves to be hit with a disc is frank delicious imo

Frank Delicious wrote:Welcome brother bear.
You feel generous to your enemies and handicap your deadly claws. You are now Evander Bearifield
nothaz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Soft Wizard

Postby Solty » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:13 pm

nothaz wrote:Firefox>Chrome&Safari&Opera>IE

Period.

Solty is your problem solved? If so can we turn this into a firefox love thread?

...my issue gave me a reason to reformat to Win7.....so no more issues :)
Solty

Postby nothaz » Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:57 pm

Very nice. How much would it be to get upgrade from XP? I recently had to reinstall XP with an older version than what I had before, so I think it is time to upgrade.
chronicatm(DGCR FORUMS) wrote:the only person that deserves to be hit with a disc is frank delicious imo

Frank Delicious wrote:Welcome brother bear.
You feel generous to your enemies and handicap your deadly claws. You are now Evander Bearifield
nothaz
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Soft Wizard

Postby Torg » Sun Nov 15, 2009 8:24 pm

Moving from XP to 7 I have found a few issues. The main thing I noticed is that Itunes, which my wife uses, has issues with Media Monkey and breaks it. I had to delete the itune file in MM to get it to work. Yeah, probably not a 7 issue but another reason to hate on Ipod/tunes. Also there are no drivers for my palm tx. It is old but it works at my bedside for some surfing and games. Time for a Chumby I guess. All in all I love 7 going from Xp.
Torg
Tree Magnet

Postby tgm » Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:51 am

Do you run any Firefox addons? I have the issue with Firefox occasionally where it won't quit quickly but it's often due to Javascript on a website or something.

Chrome is definitely worth trying out too, but I'm still a FF user.
sols, trak, pd/teebird, firebird, buzzz, ridge, summit
tgm
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Previous

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.