Smashed Window

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Smashed Window

Postby uNicedmeMan » Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:56 am

I knew that living in the city, it was only a matter of time before someone broke into my car so I was mentally prepared when I saw the shattered passenger side glass on Sunday morning. I was rolling out to go pick up my buddy for a quick AM dg round and I ended up making him drive. The incident didn't get in my head that much as I almost shot a personal best (so what if most of the pins are in short :D ).

Honestly, the broken window doesn't make me feel any less safe or make me dislike living in the city. I have decent insurance so it's only a $50 deductible to get the glass fixed. I don't own a smart phone, gps or ipod or anything so there wasn't really anything cool to steal in my car aside from CDs (do people even steal them anymore?), a few hats and a bunch of trash. I did have my golf clubs in the trunk along with my mini basket, if any of those were stolen I'da been pissed.

Anyone else have any experiences / advice? I'm considering just leaving the thing unlocked so they don't break my window the next time. Maybe the word will be spread that my car isn't work breaking into unless your looking for a few empty funyun bags.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Re: Smashed Window

Postby black udder » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:31 am

Had my car broken into 3 times over the years. Once glass was broken, other two times, I'd left it unlocked.

If you don't care about folks going through your car, leave it unlocked. However, if you leave it unlocked and they steal it, then it's your fault.

If you lock it, then at least you did "all the reasonable and prudent man" could do to prevent it.

The worst part is the emotional toll. It's not long term, but if I think about it I can dredge up the feelings. It's an invasion of your privacy. It's somebody believing they can do whatever they want with your stuff. You work for it, you buy it, they take it for nothing. If you don't give a crap about that, you're in a great mindset. It bugs me though. It's unfair and that's my "thing".

I know somebody who leaves their car unlocked though thinking they might as well make it easy. But what you do is make it easy for anybody to browse your car. At least if you lock it, you're only getting the small percentage that are desperate enough to break the glass.

What I want is the original Robocop movie car protection.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby juju » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:50 am

Leave your glovebox open with a note stating the contents of your vehicle. Lock it or homeless people will treat it like their apartment/toilet.
juju
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: First Run Buzzz

Postby Jaysus » Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:50 am

plus, if you lock it, you won't have as many hobos using it as a bathroom.
Jaysus
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Cali » Mon Dec 07, 2009 12:03 pm

My buddy Jeremiah Kraus got his disc bag backups and all his main discs stolen out of his trunk on Thanksgiving.

You guys might have heard of him, he is rated 10th in PDGA ratings in Ohio.

I feel for him, he had a whole buttload of CEs, KC Pros, First Runs, and his very first skip ace and sidearm ace discs in that bag. Whoever did it will probably get beat down bad if he finds out.
Cali
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby sunspot » Mon Dec 07, 2009 1:00 pm

That's why I keep my pet Cobra in the back. I always promise him that one day will be great for him.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby stoneman » Mon Dec 07, 2009 10:22 pm

Cobras only work well in the summer...this time of year, they're not much use. :lol: Rabid ferrets work well in the winter.
stoneman
Fairway Surgeon

Postby JR » Tue Dec 08, 2009 4:24 am

South Africa outlawed flamethrowers coupled to anti theft devices years ago but they still caused a lot of deaths and major injuries years later. Don't know if that's still the case.
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Postby Jerrod » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:40 am

Coyote Point Local
Jerrod
Tree Magnet

Postby uNicedmeMan » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:47 am

Jerrod wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc

lolz

I'd be afraid that would burn my house down too.
-Find the Others-
uNicedmeMan
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Gotta be the PD

Postby Rickg » Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:51 am

Hawt! :twisted:
Rickg
Tree Magnet

Postby sunspot » Tue Dec 08, 2009 8:14 pm

Jerrod wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDrzMGdYWZc

I never did like mannequins.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby JR » Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:02 am

Car flamethrower now with added bonus: It burns down your garage on top of your car :-)
Flat shots need running on the center line of the tee and planting each step on the center line. Anhyzer needs running from rear right to front left with the plant step hitting the ground to the left of the line you're running on. Hyzer is the mirror of that.
JR
Scandinavian Video Mafia

Favorite Disc: About to ace

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.