The raping of a Tiger

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

The raping of a Tiger

Postby Bradley Walker » Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:20 am

I am sorry, I have never seen the media so eagerly and joyfully jump on a celebrity in my life. I don't care who he is banging... I just like to watch him play golf.

Since when did any celebrity have to "apologize" for anything so they can have the right to make a living? Hollywood is full of deviants, drugheads, crazies, wackjobs, etc and Washington is even worse. Hollyweird jumped to the defence of Woody Allen and Roman Polanski was raping 13 year old girls and the celebritards jumped in to defend him!!!

Sports is full of coked up, juiced up, pimps and whores, who will bang a german sheperd if given the chance... no one seems to care.

... and these women? Oh, yah. These are reliable sources. You can find their pictures on Whorewannabeecelebrities.com.

I figured Tiger was banging a bunch of chicks. Look at the guy. If the media keeps this shit up, he will quit.

I wonder why they are so eager to tear him down?
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: The raping of a Tiger

Postby bcsst26 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:27 am

Yeah it is crazy. Who cares? Not me. I love watching him play golf and will watch when/if he comes back. I think there is a buzz about it because he kept everything outside of golf private in the past. Now that they have a little info on him they are going crazy. The best golfer perhaps ever and one of the best if not the best athlete of our era, and now they have some dirt on him. Most people you talk to don't care so not sure why the media has run with it so much. Anyways I do think Tiger will be back. He will get the 19th major then call it quits. All I have to say is that when he does come back I have a feeling that he will be more focused than ever and the other golfers won't have a chance.
"I do believe the sum extent of the messiness, disarrangement, disorder, and dirtiness of your room is equal to that of your brain." Johnny Cash
bcsst26
Tree Magnet

Postby Luke » Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:58 am

I find it astounding that him getting around is news. He is the best, possibly of all time, in a major sport. Jordan was famous for tearing through the co-eds in California, but it was just kept hush hush. Him and his wife probably had some agreement of some kind. I can't believe Tiger's wife would react like this, this time. It has had to have happened before. Hell, if I were Tiger Woods, Jordan, Federar, or Griffey Jr, you better believe that I'm not sticking to one woman. I just honestly cannot believe that she thinks Tiger would never fool around, and I don't think that was one of the agreements of their marriage, either,
Luke
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Teebird

Postby keltik » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:20 am

Um Brad he did already quit. He said so on Saturday.

but yeah i'm not surprised he was gettin' some strange. i'm not surprised any "super" athlete screws around. I'm more surprised when these guys get married, because i know they are bangin' like 8 chicks a night.

I think everyone is all up in arms about this because he always had that wholesome squeaky clean image, and now we're finding out he likes it dirty and rough. but really and truly it's none of my business. I'm kinda glad he's taking a break from golf for a while so someone else can win.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:22 am

keltik wrote:Um Brad he did already quit. He said so on Saturday.

but yeah i'm not surprised he was gettin' some strange. i'm not surprised any "super" athlete screws around. I'm more surprised when these guys get married, because i know they are bangin' like 8 chicks a night.

I think everyone is all up in arms about this because he always had that wholesome squeaky clean image, and now we're finding out he likes it dirty and rough. but really and truly it's none of my business. I'm kinda glad he's taking a break from golf for a while so someone else can win.

It's been speculated for some time his dad pressured him into getting married.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown

Favorite Disc: Wraith

Postby Bradley Walker » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:49 am

keltik wrote:
I think everyone is all up in arms about this because he always had that wholesome squeaky clean image

See, that is the thing... He made no effort to make ANY IMAGE of himself. The same media who made him out to be a saint now wish to destroy him.

He just wanted to be left alone... HE was not out pursuing "an image", he was trying to avoid one.

I hear these talking heads saying that "Tiger owes it to the fans" to explain his actions. What a bunch of bullshit!!! Tiger owes nothing to anyone!!! If anything we owe HIM the benefit of the doubt. It is a privilege that he lets us watch him play golf. All those sponsors they came to HIM not the other way around.

Of course Tiger was banging chicks on the side. Look at the man!!! He has enough testosterone for 10 guys.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Roc

Postby Mr.SmOOOth » Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:55 am

Back in the day a girl would never come forward and put herself in the spotlight as the 'other woman'. It's too bad we now live in a society that craves fame and attention at any cost.
"Are you talking to me on a cellular phone? I don't know you. Who is this? Don't come here! Prank caller! Prank caller!"
Mr.SmOOOth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Z BUZZZ

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:00 am

Mr.SmOOOth wrote:Back in the day a girl would never come forward and put herself in the spotlight as the 'other woman'. It's too bad we now live in a society that craves fame and attention at any cost.

They're getting paid.
Frank Delicious

Postby roadkill » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:03 am

I'm not about to feel sorry for Tiger. He is not an innocent victim of the media's thirst for blood.

He has to realize his very high profile has upside and downside. Because of his name and face recognition he is highly pursued by fortune 500 companies to pitch their products. Because of this his agent has leverage and can land huge endorsement deals that make his golf earnings look like a pittance in comparison. He gets paid hundreds of millions (even topped 1 billion in his career) of dollars to be a high profile sports figure. He can live a lifestyle reserved for people with names like Gates, Balmer, Jobs and Buffet.

The trade off for all this wealth and privilege is that the media knows that everything TW does is newsworthy to the general public. The bigger the story and the more salacious the details the more viewers and readers the media outlets will draw thus the more money they will make.

Now then he chose to get married (don't care what pressure there was to do so). He chose to boink everything that moved. He had to know that there was a high risk for the news to be leaked considering all the bimbos he was with and the length of time he carried on these affairs. To think he'd never get caught is totally foolish.

He is reaping what he sowed. I'm not judging him as if I'm not fallible or haven't done some dispicable things myself, but there's no way I am going to blame the media for the situation Tiger is in. He put himself in this spot.

The media has trashed the lives of innocent victims. (y'all remember Richard Jewell?) But Tiger does not constitute what I'd call a victim in this case.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby Mr.SmOOOth » Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:08 am

The real victim is Jesper! :lol:
"Are you talking to me on a cellular phone? I don't know you. Who is this? Don't come here! Prank caller! Prank caller!"
Mr.SmOOOth
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Z BUZZZ

Postby black udder » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:03 pm

The media needs stories and they have no conscience. This is only the biggest story of the year when it comes to celebrities. I mean, that guy was the poster child for clean living and role models. A few tantrums on the course, sure, but the first athlete to make $1 billion, the most popular guy on the planet of his age... man, this is the trifecta - people, in general, love to see a train wreck, and this is a titanic sized personal catastrophe. He really hasn't had any dings, so now they finally have something, the whole house of cards is going to come down.

As for apologizing, they all have to apologize because what they are doing is morally wrong in our society. Thus, it's a marketing angle to look remorse and apologize for their transgressions. I believe Polanski had to leave the country or be indited (I think). Not saying Tiger isn't remorseful, it would appear that he's serious about making an effort to repair the marriage.

What's foolish, and you'll never change this, is a young man with as much fame and money as he (and so many actors, etc. have) and they believe themselves mature enough to settle down in a marriage. They just have no clue of the requirements and responsibilities. Hell, it's hard enough for the average guy, let alone somebody jet-setting around the world with women begging to lay him on a weekly if not nightly basis (and we're not talking about beer goggle women either).

I agree 100% with the deplorable nature of our wealthy class - it's just like the Roman empire's wealthiest citizens - normal becomes boring because there is no excitement, thus they dig into the depths of depravity. While Tiger's behavior isn't depraved, he took a vow, he said the words and he broke them. I can't help but think to myself two things:

1) He must not have been a man if he allowed his father to push him into a marriage he didn't want
2) At what point do you, as the world's most recognized *married* face, not think that screwing other women will not come back to haunt you?

On one hand, I'd like to see him resolve this, but on the other, I'd like to see her take him for all of it, take the kid and leave him with nothing but the desire to go play golf again.
black udder
Naturally Athletic

Favorite Disc: The one in my hand

Postby roadkill » Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:22 pm

I think it would be best for Elin to take the divorce settlement and find someone who loves her and wants to be a committed husband and father.

With the degree Tiger cheated (multiple women over several years) she has to conclude their marriage has been a sham very early on. There is no way she would really be able to ever trust him again. She will get around 300 million if she leaves now. That is plenty to live a privileged lifestyle for her and the children for the rest of their lives. She has wealth now she and should seek happiness instead of disrespecting herself by staying with a liar and philanderer.

I honestly believe Tiger would be better off in the long run if they divorced. He showed by his actions a committed monogamous relationship is not what he wants at this point. All the lying and charades has to be a point of stress. If they separate eventually the media frenzy will die down and he will again focus on knocking a little white ball into a hole and no one cares that much what a single man does for horizontal refreshment.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Postby Dig It » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:13 pm

Athletes and musicians need to make 40k a year while cops and teachers make real money. The last thing Tiger will be getting is my sympathy.
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:18 pm

A person can make a lot of money and still deserved some privacy and respect.
Frank Delicious

Postby Dig It » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:26 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:A person can make a lot of money and still deserved some privacy and respect.

Oh I forgot he wasn't a celebrity, just some rich guy none of us have heard of. When you're on top being a celebrity is oh so sweet. When you bring some dirty laundry out don't expect the media to all the sudden not care who you are.
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

Next

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.