The raping of a Tiger

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: The raping of a Tiger

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:36 pm

He's a pretty low key guy though. It's not like he was making the news all the time before this. No matter who you are, you probably don't deserve to have all your dirty laundry aired out all over the world.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown
User avatar
 
Posts: 12364
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Drowning in a cold river
Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: The raping of a Tiger

Postby Bradley Walker » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:48 pm

Dig It wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:A person can make a lot of money and still deserved some privacy and respect.

Oh I forgot he wasn't a celebrity, just some rich guy none of us have heard of. When you're on top being a celebrity is oh so sweet. When you bring some dirty laundry out don't expect the media to all the sudden not care who you are.


He is a celebrity because he can play golf better than any human being on the planet.

He did not pursue celebrity. It came to him.
"The reasonable man adapts himself to his environment. The unreasonable man adapts his environment to himself, therefore all progress is made by unreasonable men."
-George Bernard Shaw
Bradley Walker
Disc Whore
User avatar
 
Posts: 3702
Joined: Fri Feb 10, 2006 5:46 pm
Favorite Disc: Roc

Re: The raping of a Tiger

Postby Dig It » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:50 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:He's a pretty low key guy though. It's not like he was making the news all the time before this.

Maybe that's the exact reason why then?
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1584
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:13 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

Re: The raping of a Tiger

Postby garublador » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:53 pm

Bradley Walker wrote:He did not pursue celebrity. It came to him.
Is that why he quit being a touring pro once he made enough money to live comfortably and turned down endorsement deals that would raise his visibility? ;)

We don't know if he was looking for it or not, but he sure didn't turn it away. He's had that option for a long time now and hasn't taken it.
garublador
Disc Whore
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:37 am
Location: Urbandale, IA

Re: The raping of a Tiger

Postby Dig It » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:56 pm

Bradley Walker wrote:
Dig It wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:A person can make a lot of money and still deserved some privacy and respect.

Oh I forgot he wasn't a celebrity, just some rich guy none of us have heard of. When you're on top being a celebrity is oh so sweet. When you bring some dirty laundry out don't expect the media to all the sudden not care who you are.


He is a celebrity because he can play golf better than any human being on the planet.

He did not pursue celebrity. It came to him.

No one is disputing that W. He is a celebrity, he get's what celebrities get be it good or bad.
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1584
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:13 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

Re: The raping of a Tiger

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:56 pm

Dig It wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:He's a pretty low key guy though. It's not like he was making the news all the time before this.


Maybe that's the exact reason why then?


I don't know what you're trying to say here. Are you saying he deserves it because he is a low key guy?

also am I agree with Bradley Walker on something?
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown
User avatar
 
Posts: 12364
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Drowning in a cold river
Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: The raping of a Tiger

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:58 pm

Dig It wrote:
Bradley Walker wrote:
Dig It wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:A person can make a lot of money and still deserved some privacy and respect.

Oh I forgot he wasn't a celebrity, just some rich guy none of us have heard of. When you're on top being a celebrity is oh so sweet. When you bring some dirty laundry out don't expect the media to all the sudden not care who you are.


He is a celebrity because he can play golf better than any human being on the planet.

He did not pursue celebrity. It came to him.


No one is disputing that W. He is a celebrity, he get's what celebrities get be it good or bad.


If you're good at something you deserve to be have your personal life torn to shreds in the world wide media.

Seriously though, are you saying a celebrity, even a low key one like Tiger or Leonardo Di Caprio deserve to get all their personal failings aired out for the whole world to see just because they happen to be very good at what they do?
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown
User avatar
 
Posts: 12364
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Drowning in a cold river
Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: The raping of a Tiger

Postby Dig It » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:07 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:
Dig It wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:He's a pretty low key guy though. It's not like he was making the news all the time before this.


Maybe that's the exact reason why then?


I don't know what you're trying to say here. Are you saying he deserves it because he is a low key guy?

also am I agree with Bradley Walker on something?


I am saying that it is my opinion that those with the least perceived dirty laundry, get the hammer twice as hard when we start to find something we didn't think we would.
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1584
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:13 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

Re: The raping of a Tiger

Postby roadkill » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:10 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:also am I agree with Bradley Walker on something?


Well yeah. Since Brad is right about a lot of things I'll forgive him for being on the wrong side of this one.
roadkill
1000 Rated Poster
 
Posts: 1317
Joined: Sat Jan 21, 2006 8:56 pm
Location: in the truck
Favorite Disc: first run goblin

Re: The raping of a Tiger

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:12 pm

Dig It wrote:I am saying that it is my opinion that those with the least perceived dirty laundry, get the hammer twice as hard when we start to find something we didn't think we would.


oh, ok. Yeah I agree with that. Everyone loves to see a saint turned into a sinner.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown
User avatar
 
Posts: 12364
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Drowning in a cold river
Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: The raping of a Tiger

Postby Dig It » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:12 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:
Dig It wrote:
Bradley Walker wrote:
Dig It wrote:
Frank Delicious wrote:A person can make a lot of money and still deserved some privacy and respect.

Oh I forgot he wasn't a celebrity, just some rich guy none of us have heard of. When you're on top being a celebrity is oh so sweet. When you bring some dirty laundry out don't expect the media to all the sudden not care who you are.


He is a celebrity because he can play golf better than any human being on the planet.

He did not pursue celebrity. It came to him.


No one is disputing that W. He is a celebrity, he get's what celebrities get be it good or bad.


If you're good at something you deserve to be have your personal life torn to shreds in the world wide media.

Seriously though, are you saying a celebrity, even a low key one like Tiger or Leonardo Di Caprio deserve to get all their personal failings aired out for the whole world to see just because they happen to be very good at what they do?

Seriously though. Live by the sword, die by the sword. And what are you saying? That because someone makes a ton of money they need a certain amount of protection due to their celebrity status? Sure, let's let them make money off media then when it comes to light they we're unfaithful or breaking the law lets back that media off a bit. If it wasn't for TV Tiger would be WAY less rich and people would care WAY less about this shit.
Darmok and Gilad at Tanagra. Shaka, when the walls fell.
Dig It
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1584
Joined: Mon Dec 10, 2007 9:13 pm
Location: Denver, CO
Favorite Disc: circleStamPooPlate

Re: The raping of a Tiger

Postby Flipflat » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:16 pm

I like how no one gives a damn that the dude was chased around and possibly hit by a his wife weilding a golf club. If the roles were reversed, she'd be getting all the sympathy, and you'd be hearing plenty of: "no wonder she cheated on him! look at what a monster he is!"

Perhaps she was a pshycho wife?

Not like it's any of my business or anything.
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster
User avatar
 
Posts: 1507
Joined: Sun Jan 11, 2009 7:01 pm
Location: Detroitish
Favorite Disc: buzzz

Re: The raping of a Tiger

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:19 pm

^ this is a pretty unfunny joke.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown
User avatar
 
Posts: 12364
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Drowning in a cold river
Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: The raping of a Tiger

Postby Frank Delicious » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:23 pm

Dig It wrote:Seriously though. Live by the sword, die by the sword. And what are you saying? That because someone makes a ton of money they need a certain amount of protection due to their celebrity status? Sure, let's let them make money off media then when it comes to light they we're unfaithful or breaking the law lets back that media off a bit. If it wasn't for TV Tiger would be WAY less rich and people would care WAY less about this shit.


What I am saying is that just because a person makes a ton of money doesn't mean they deserve to have their personal life broadcast across the world when it comes apart. Tiger made money off sponsorships and golf, not the media that is now tearing him apart so the sword that is ripping into him is not the same sword that made him all the money. I don't have a problem when celebrities like Britney or Lindsey Lohan have their dirty laundry aired out because they seek out the attention. Tiger hasn't sought out the attention though so I would say he deserves the same privacy as everyone else.

But then again everyone loves some good schadenfreude.
Frank Delicious
The Crime Prince of Clown
User avatar
 
Posts: 12364
Joined: Thu Mar 23, 2006 3:43 pm
Location: Drowning in a cold river
Favorite Disc: Wraith

Re: The raping of a Tiger

Postby garublador » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:25 pm

Frank Delicious wrote:Seriously though, are you saying a celebrity, even a low key one like Tiger or Leonardo Di Caprio deserve to get all their personal failings aired out for the whole world to see just because they happen to be very good at what they do?
Police officers don't deserve to be shot at for trying to protect innosent people. Fire fighters don't deserve to be injured trying to put out fires. However, they all know that the bad things are a possibility when they decide on that career. As the higest profile golfer in the world he has to expect something like this to happen when he gets caught in this position. He chose to be in that position and he chose a very high profile lifestyle.
garublador
Disc Whore
 
Posts: 3459
Joined: Wed Jun 02, 2004 11:37 am
Location: Urbandale, IA

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron