Postby gorillaboy » Sat Dec 19, 2009 8:16 pm

who's got em???

which one is the best to get???
gorillaboy
King of the Jungle

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Re: Flip video camera's

Postby keltik » Sun Dec 20, 2009 4:34 pm

I'm also curious. They seem pretty neat.
keltik
2010 DGR Donator

Favorite Disc: Polecat!! Ò.ó

Postby tgm » Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:22 am

I got a Kodak Zi8. Pretty nice pocket cam. Great outdoors in daylight, the low light quality is still a bit less than desirable though (sort of grainy). I've brought it out a couple of times on the course but always forget to actually use it much. It does a mediocre job at pictures too.
sols, trak, pd/teebird, firebird, buzzz, ridge, summit
tgm
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby BLURR » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:51 am

I got a Flip HD last week and now the wife wants one. I am half tempted to give her my Flip and go get the Zi8. I had a chance to mess around with the Zi8 at Best Buy over the weekend and I think I like it better than the Flip.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby MR. WICK » Mon Dec 21, 2009 1:20 pm

I bought a flip hd for use at work, but I take it home and use it all the time. I'm putting together a nice dg vid with it. Really easy to use. Positives are all of the software is right on it, editing and all, just plug it into the cpu and go. The video quality is really good as well. Negative, no zoom feature.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby gorillaboy » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:55 pm

so if I were to get one would you guys say the HD Flip's are the way to go? I'm not really into video at all so I'm not to sure whats really good or not but I like the Flip's and would just like to have some thing around that I can keep in my bag or a pocket in case I feel like using it.
gorillaboy
King of the Jungle

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby BLURR » Tue Dec 22, 2009 6:31 am

Yeah the flip is good for on the go. Like already stated...missing some features, but still all around a fun little camcorder to throw in your pocket.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby AciDBatH666 » Tue Dec 22, 2009 7:36 am

I have 2 friends with flips. One has the normal one, the other had the HD. The normal one buddy of mine uses the living hell out of it. He's been using it for a while and loves it. The HD friend got it because they just had a baby. He loves it because you can literally turn it on and be recording in under 4 seconds. So for on the fly it's great. He also said the support is really good because there was a couple of problems people were having with them, an the company issued some firmware patches to fix the problems.

I was looking to get an HD flip but I'm trying to save some cash right now to move. But I'll prolly end up getting the flip due to most of the research I've done.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby tgm » Wed Dec 23, 2009 10:59 am

I just did a firmware update to the Zi8 and it improves a few things. (especially the zoom, which is now smooth)

I think the Zi8 has the Flip on video specs, but I can't really say which one is better. I know the Zi8 has 720p 60fps which is really nice for action shots. And it does full 1080p (at 30fps), I don't believe the Flip HD does that yet. I got mine because you could hook up an external mic to it and at the time it seemed like the "best" pocket cam out there.
sols, trak, pd/teebird, firebird, buzzz, ridge, summit
tgm
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Buzzz

Postby BLURR » Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:15 am

The Zi8 is probably the best one in the category, but trying to find one is a real bitch right now...especially in Iowa. Every redneck hillbilly will be posting video's to youtube in the upcoming weeks.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Postby ChUcK » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:43 am

Mum sent me a Flip video for xmas... they're not good for much except spontaneous creativity, which isn't a bad thing, probably.

Here's my creative spontaneity with the Flip:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ma0T5Cgayz8
We are not like those other golfers. We throw our clubs and keep our balls where they belong. -Ol' Bob
ChUcK
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: all of 'em.

Postby 707cnash » Mon May 03, 2010 3:23 pm

I got a first generation flip, its pretty cool, It can be really hard to see exactly what your shooting but it holds alot of life on it and it shoots in suprisingly good quality and the flip usb is very convienent for my pc. I would get the newest one they have out Im sure theyve done a ton of upgrades to it, in my opinion its worth the cash
707cnash
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: halo

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.