Which Band....

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Re: Which Band....

Postby MR. WICK » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:15 am

It would be way too quiet there so I'd need something loud. Probably the Pantera collection, I never get sick of it.
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby Leopard » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:21 am

Failure !!!

and screw y'all, I could live with one album. Do your life a favor and download Fantastic Planet by Failure. It's been my favorite album for 13 years and counting. Masterpiece of the 90s. Chances are you've all got some music in your library that was mixed by its singer/producer Ken Andrews. Dude's brilliant and prolific in mixing. The other part of the duo is now changing earth in the band Autolux. The most visible Failurer is their touring guitarist, Troy Van Leuwen of A Perfect Circle and QOTSA. Failure is Tool's favorite band. APC covered a Failure song (poorly), The Nurse Who Loved Me. Failure's most mainstream single was their cover of Enjoy The Silence from the Depeche Mode tribute album. Failure did a cover album with Tool's original bassist, as a band called Replicants, which is awesome. I LOVE Ween and I'm going with Failure's last album.

Wikipedia:
Failure was an American rock band (often also classified as alternative rock and/or space rock) that was active from 1990 to 1997, during which they recorded and released three critically-acclaimed albums. They are often compared to other hard rock bands from that time that were similarly labeled as "alternative", such as Nirvana, Soundgarden, or Bush, but are distinguished by their meticulous attention to textural sonic detail, inventive use of guitar effects and signal processing, and the overall expansive sound design of their later albums. Although mainstream success narrowly eluded them, they still have many dedicated fans, many of whom are fellow musicians and peers within the music industry.
keltik wrote:I think ZAM had the right idea.
dgdave wrote:Listen to ZAM.
jsun3thousand wrote:zam is already in your pants.
i post things at facebook.com/PostID
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby chiggins » Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:38 am

Ted Damson wrote:and screw y'all, I could live with one album.

If it's just one album, then it's Little Feat, Waiting For Columbus. Everyone's got an album (or more than one) they regard as being a masterpiece from beginning to end. This is not only one of mine, but it never fails to make the day go better.
chiggins
2009 DGR Donator

Postby Pat » Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:33 am

tom petty
Keep on Chooglin'
Pat
1000 Rated Poster

Postby cmlasley » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:51 pm

Radiohead
Morgan Lasley
When life gives you lemons, stick them in the freezer for a few hours, then throw them back, 'cause they're like rocks, man.
cmlasley
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: OK Computer

Postby Eric O » Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:52 pm

uNicedmeMan wrote:MF Doom probably cuz he has millions of fresh beets and I'd imagine that he is cool to post with.
nice choice.

I'd go with Wu Tang cause it includes solo albums from so many different artists under the umbrella. Unfortunately there probably wouldn't be much good fresh stuff coming out but I could get by on what's already there.
Eric O
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Jesse B 707 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:38 pm

Ted Damson wrote:Failure !!!

and screw y'all, I could live with one album. Do your life a favor and download Fantastic Planet by Failure. It's been my favorite album for 13 years and counting. Masterpiece of the 90s. Chances are you've all got some music in your library that was mixed by its singer/producer Ken Andrews. Dude's brilliant and prolific in mixing. The other part of the duo is now changing earth in the band Autolux. The most visible Failurer is their touring guitarist, Troy Van Leuwen of A Perfect Circle and QOTSA. Failure is Tool's favorite band. APC covered a Failure song (poorly), The Nurse Who Loved Me. Failure's most mainstream single was their cover of Enjoy The Silence from the Depeche Mode tribute album. Failure did a cover album with Tool's original bassist, as a band called Replicants, which is awesome. I LOVE Ween and I'm going with Failure's last album.

Wikipedia:
Failure was an American rock band (often also classified as alternative rock and/or space rock) that was active from 1990 to 1997, during which they recorded and released three critically-acclaimed albums. They are often compared to other hard rock bands from that time that were similarly labeled as "alternative", such as Nirvana, Soundgarden, or Bush, but are distinguished by their meticulous attention to textural sonic detail, inventive use of guitar effects and signal processing, and the overall expansive sound design of their later albums. Although mainstream success narrowly eluded them, they still have many dedicated fans, many of whom are fellow musicians and peers within the music industry.

well looks like im off to Demonoid for some recon on these guys, thanks Zam

EDIT: well evidently these guys are a pretty well kept secret cuz i could only drum up one shady torrent of one album
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Postby ferretdance03 » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:37 pm

Clutch
ferretdance03
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: glow wizard

Postby SkaBob » Wed Dec 30, 2009 8:42 pm

JESUS ON THE DASHBOOOOOOOOOOOOARDD!!! UNH!!!!
I threw Wizards before they were cool.
SkaBob
Disc Whore

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby Flipflat » Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:00 pm

Ministry. All of it's good.

Double post. Ooops.

ferretdance03 wrote:Clutch

BTW- about Clutch: what the hell happened to that guy's voice? On the early albums he had a terrific scream, then I picked up "elephant riders" and was like, what the hell....? Cluch has stank (IMHO) ever since. Did he blow out his vocal cords or something?
I would like your X-Wasps, please.
Flipflat
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: buzzz

Postby Parks » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:07 am

Wikipedia:

Since Failure is your desert island band, you'd be stuck on them 'til the end of time?
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

Postby mark12b » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:23 am

good ol' grateful dead - for the variety, sentimental memories, recreational flashbacks... :)
mark12b
1000 Rated Poster

Postby Shaolintrained » Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:57 am

mark12b wrote:good ol' grateful dead - for the variety, sentimental memories, recreational flashbacks... :)

Pretty sure if I had to be anything, it'd be a dead-head.
Trade list: http://www.discgolfreview.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=12798
"Music is my religion" -Jimi Hendrix
Shaolintrained
Fairway Surgeon

Favorite Disc: Beat DX Roc

Postby Leopard » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:00 am

Parks wrote:

Since Failure is your desert island band, you'd be stuck on them 'til the end of time?

Yeah I'd more or less have no Houston to whine down to.

Nor would I have protocol.

I'd probably have to remind myself that it's okay to be lonely.
keltik wrote:I think ZAM had the right idea.
dgdave wrote:Listen to ZAM.
jsun3thousand wrote:zam is already in your pants.
i post things at facebook.com/PostID
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby Parks » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:24 am

A friend of mine from Houston was in a band called Lemonenemy, he dug Autolux, too.

They cited Failure as their biggest influence. They have a myspace page where you can hear their stuff. May or may not be up your alley.
We're at our best when it's from our hips
Parks
1000 Rated Poster

PreviousNext

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.