Roll your own cigarretes?

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Roll your own cigarretes?

Postby MotoDj » Sun Jan 10, 2010 7:22 pm

anyone here choose to roll their own cigs?, i've been using the machine to stuff tubes now for a few months, just wondering if anyone here does the same

if theres some responses, i'd like to know what you prefer to use
i'm cheap, i like the "largo" tobacco for 13 bucks/12 ounces
for the price its the best i've tried
paperwise, i'm leaning towards premier, tried 3dif ones, they seem to have the least paper taste
i'm estimating it costs a lil over a buck a pack to roll em myself, supposedly less additives etc.

anyone care to chime in?
MotoDj
Steward Turkeylink: This ranks means I can't read or follow basic directions

Favorite Disc: i carry 6 favorites

Re: Roll your own cigarretes?

Postby BLURR » Sun Jan 10, 2010 8:06 pm

My coworker has been rolling her own cig's now for close to 6 months. She will go to the tobacco shop and purchase the non-flavored pipe tobacco in a big ass can and roll it. She says it saves her a ton and she says there is less chemicals in this tobacco too.
If the object of disc golf were to hit trees, I'd be 1100 rated.
BLURR
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: Comet

Postby some call me...tim? » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:48 am

When I still smoked, I used to roll my own quite often. Bali Shag or American Spirit most of the time. I liked the taste of rollies better, and yeah, they were cheap. They'd lower your voice by an octave within a couple weeks' time too. :)

I dunno about rolling up pipe tobacco though...I love the smell of that stuff, but it's not meant to be inhaled when smoked in a pipe. I also wouldn't sweat the papers too much, a lot of papers are meant for, uh, other purposes, and burn at a slower rate than cigarettes (so your cig goes out a lot more easily).
some call me...tim?
1000 Rated Poster

Postby MotoDj » Mon Jan 11, 2010 1:51 am

you have my way of rolling confused
i have a machine that packs "pre rolled tubes w/ filters"
and the "pipe" tobacco is the same as cig tobacco with a different length cut... its a way around the taxes from what i'm told

nothing like hand rolling a cig with no filter, i done did that too... just a few times, by law you have to have rolling tobacco to have the papers :roll: never cared for the harshness anyways
MotoDj

Favorite Disc: i carry 6 favorites

Postby Mad Scientist » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:02 pm

This one guy at work used to hand roll his own with Bugler tobacco and papers, just to save some cash. But it didn't look too good when someone would find one of his roaches sitting around. Now he uses tubes and one of those little plastic hand-held machines.
"I don't know who started it and I don't give a f***. The one thing I do know is that we did it harder, we did it faster, and we definitely did it with more love, baby. You can't take that away from us." - Stevo, SLC Punk
Mad Scientist
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: Ridge

Postby JohnnyB » Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:09 pm

I could roll a cigarette one handed. Before I was able to do that this was my life saver.
I had a smoke shop by my old place where the owner would mix different types of tobacco for some of the best flavors you could get. For a while I found them so much better tasting that I didn't think I'd smoke a normal cigarette again. Sadly laziness has taken over and my special mixes are just an occasional treat.
"A hedgehog was also killed"
JohnnyB

Favorite Disc: Star tee-rex

Postby Jesse B 707 » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:46 pm

hmmmmmm....i do smoke rolling tobacco but not cigarettes, i prefer Peter Stokebye Danish export......at least since you can't get Three Castles anymore
http://ufosdg.org/
XXX,PD2,BOSS,KATANA,PD,ROC,VP,RATTLER,MAGNET
Jesse B 707
Rocstar

Favorite Disc: ROC

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.