Prince's fight song for the Vikes

Non-Disc Golf Stuff

Moderators: Timko, Solty, Frank Delicious, Blake_T, Fritz, Booter

Prince's fight song for the Vikes

Postby dgdave » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:00 pm

Anyone hear this? I love me some Prince, but this is a total shit sandwich.
"The Gauge may be the best disc ever"
-dgdave

Destroyer/Enforcer/PD/TD/XXX/Gauge/Suspect/Clutch/P2
dgdave
DGR Postmaster General

Favorite Disc: GAUGE!

Re: Prince's fight song for the Vikes

Postby T-Bird » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:06 pm

dgdave wrote:Anyone hear this? I love me some Prince, but this is a total shit sandwich.

Done. Over. Kaput. The Vikings are now officially doomed. Game over.
I don't need to fight to prove I'm right
I don't need to be forgiven yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah,yeah
T-Bird
Noob

Favorite Disc: Total Deucebag

Postby JHern » Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:34 pm

Yeah, land of Purple and Gold. Hilarious!

The NFC Championship game is going to totally rock!!!! I'm starting to get super amped up now.
Japan bag...
Drivers: Starlite Wraith (158g), Gummy Champion Leopard (150g), 1st Run Z-Talon (150g)
Mid-Range: Star Classic Roc (146g), R-Pro Roc (157g)
Putt/Approach: Legacy Protege Clozer (158g), Glow DX Aviar (150g)
JHern
Please ask me about my insider info on pros! Oh GOD please ask me!

Favorite Disc: Clutch

Postby Solty » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:50 pm

heard it this am....stoopid...
Solty
Site Admin - Behind The Scenes

Favorite Disc: Rancho Roc

Postby Leopard » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:04 pm

haahaha just listened on youtube

that's a dude kicking some other dudes in the balls if i ever heard it
big big laffs prince :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Leopard
Forward Visualyzer

Favorite Disc: Leo

Postby discspeed » Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:32 pm

discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby Mason65 » Fri Jan 22, 2010 7:42 pm

Wow...sounds like it should be the theme song for a creepy children's show involving puppets.
Destroyer*XXX*Eagle*Roc*Ion

Golden Retrieved: 18
Mason65
Tree Magnet

Favorite Disc: The pink one

Postby sunspot » Sun Jan 24, 2010 10:57 pm

The Prince jinx.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby AciDBatH666 » Sun Jan 24, 2010 11:28 pm

AHHAHAHH
WHO DAT BURNED DAT FAVRE!
Dude looked BEAT.
Here's the local Academy after the win, The parking lot there is HUGE and it's FULL of ppl waiting to get Saints championship gear.

And yes, That Prince song is GHEY.
AciDBatH666
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Flat Top Roc

Postby Timko » Mon Jan 25, 2010 9:08 am

Bill Simmons (the best writer ESPN has) wrote about the song in his conference championship picks. It's pretty funny:

Remember when I picked the Cardinals to make last year's Super Bowl simply because Kurt Warner's wife promised his kids a new puppy if they made it? When a Pakistani reader e-mailed me in all caps, "YOU CAN'T BET AGAINST GOD AND PUPPIES," that's all I needed to see. It was bigger than all of us. When Warner reneged on that promise during Super Bowl week, I still believe that's why Arizona lost.

Fast-forward to this week: When Brett Favre was singing the ridiculously enjoyable "Pants on the Ground" song from "American Idol" in a happy Vikings locker room last week, I had an epiphany: They'd sing it again in New Orleans, and then the "Pants on the Ground" guy would show up for the Super Bowl. I tried to shake it off. A few days later, Prince announced that he had written a Vikings fight song called "Purple and Gold," telling a TV station that it happened on Monday night because "I saw the future."

At this point, I was super-intrigued. The "Pants on the Ground" guy teaming up with Prince? The Vikings were suddenly unstoppable! This was bigger than all of us! I was ready to pick them for the upset ... and then ... well ... I heard the song. Are you kidding me? He could have changed the lyrics of "Darling Nikki" to "Darling Sidney" and it would have gotten the Vikes more fired up than "Purple and Gold." Quite simply, it's the worst sports song ever made by someone who actually has talent. Even worse, now he's stolen the "Pants on the Ground" guy's thunder and sent the Vikes back to square one, karmically. Not since "Under the Cherry Moon" has Prince been responsible for something this indefensible. I can't believe it. A feel-good Vikings season may have been derailed by a guy who's 5-foot-1 and probably can't throw a football 8 yards. You couldn't make this stuff up.
jsun3thousand wrote:Disc golfers are holding the sport back.
Timko
Like Angels Kicking Ass in your Mouth

Postby sunspot » Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:19 am

I think the Vikes gave that game away. The Saints didn't beat them, the Vikings beat themselves.

I think the Colts should do a good job at beating the Saints.
sunspot
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Trash Lid

Postby discspeed » Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:14 pm

sunspot wrote:I think the Vikes gave that game away. The Saints didn't beat them, the Vikings beat themselves.

I agree that the Vikes didn't deserve to win that game, in fact I was even somewhat rooting for the Saints (I've liked Drew Brees since his college days). However, that pass interference call in OT really disturbed me. Its a shame that such a good game gets so influenced by poor officiating. Totally uncatchable with the receiver making a poor adjustment and falling down. Even the other pass interference where the reciever dropped the ball when he hit the ground was very questionable...sure there was some hand grabbing, but it did not change any momentum and he still was open, fielded the ball, and dropped it. Most of the time the refs let them play a little in OT as to not interfere with the game and overstep their place, but in this game it seemed the refs were set to make sure Favre didn't get his hands on the ball again.

And yeah, the Colts are going to beat the Saints. Peyton will be more patient and will not be throwing ints. The Jets defense was better than the Saints and their gameplan trying to pressure Manning and take away his two favorites receivers only worked for the first quarter. What can the Saints do differently to stop Manning? The Colts are also not so excited about being in the Super Bowl as they simply want to win. The Saints are going to have a much more difficult time staying focused for these next two weeks as they are giddy with the upset and the whole town of NO is going bonkers over them.

I will be rooting for the Saints though.
discspeed
Most Gyroscopic Poster (MGP)

Favorite Disc: Ion

Postby MR. WICK » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:46 pm

discspeed wrote:
sunspot wrote:I think the Vikes gave that game away. The Saints didn't beat them, the Vikings beat themselves.

I agree that the Vikes didn't deserve to win that game, in fact I was even somewhat rooting for the Saints (I've liked Drew Brees since his college days). However, that pass interference call in OT really disturbed me. Its a shame that such a good game gets so influenced by poor officiating. Totally uncatchable with the receiver making a poor adjustment and falling down. Even the other pass interference where the reciever dropped the ball when he hit the ground was very questionable...sure there was some hand grabbing, but it did not change any momentum and he still was open, fielded the ball, and dropped it. Most of the time the refs let them play a little in OT as to not interfere with the game and overstep their place, but in this game it seemed the refs were set to make sure Favre didn't get his hands on the ball again.

And yeah, the Colts are going to beat the Saints. Peyton will be more patient and will not be throwing ints. The Jets defense was better than the Saints and their gameplan trying to pressure Manning and take away his two favorites receivers only worked for the first quarter. What can the Saints do differently to stop Manning? The Colts are also not so excited about being in the Super Bowl as they simply want to win. The Saints are going to have a much more difficult time staying focused for these next two weeks as they are giddy with the upset and the whole town of NO is going bonkers over them.

I will be rooting for the Saints though.

I heard they were going to actually replace a few of the members of the D-line with some of our "bears"

MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby MR. WICK » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:53 pm

I'll be wearing this shirt a few times this week

http://www.sullysbrand.com/products/i-hate-peyton-manning-eli-sucks-too-t-shirt

I don't know who I dislike more Peyton or Eli
MR. WICK
Plastic Fondler

Favorite Disc: the one in my hand

Postby JimW » Mon Jan 25, 2010 5:40 pm

discspeed wrote:but in this game it seemed the refs were set to make sure Favre didn't get his hands on the ball again.

They were saving him from the embarassment of throwing yet another dumb interception at a crucial time.
discspeed wrote:We're not owls

The core of my game is throwing pink stuff really straight
JimW
1000 Rated Poster

Favorite Disc: Whatever

Return to Off-Topic, Miscellaneous, etc.